National League Playoffs

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think PW has done a superb job. We were in with a chance of actually winning the league for a huge part of this season. Considering he had 10 days to build a squad and he is a rookie manager co

We've been quick out of the traps the last 2 or 3 years. Hopefully we treat it as a new season.

New voting options released. 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Clubs apparently voting on revised proposals to include playoffs from North and South. Been nice knowing you Fylde. 

Good. Rightly so. 

3 minutes ago, bazza45 said:

We in Yorkshire are not tight, we're thrifty

I full accept as a Yorkshire man I am a tight git I just happen to be on  mission to teach my Scottish wife. I thought Scot were supposed to be tight but she is a amature.:D

• Like 1

By my reckoning, at least nine clubs in our league will vote in favour of the new proposal (the top 7 plus Maidenhead and Chorley), and I imagine the eight North/South votes will almost definitely go in favour of it as well.

That takes it to 17. The exact number needed for the proposal to go through.

Now let's give the playoffs a good go.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, mj85 said:

Announcement will be made on Thursday confirming what's happening,

Is the National League operating on skeleton staff or are they just useless?

I hope their admin people are not well paid for this sort of performance.

1 hour ago, Shaymen1984 said:

Clubs apparently voting on revised proposals to include playoffs from North and South. Been nice knowing you Fylde. 

Oh dear

Im sure the hardcore Fylde support were buzzing about becoming an Altrincham too haha shame

watch this space then.....

I feel its only fair that the bottom 4 teams get relegated and 2 come up from North/South. The only exception would be if it left the league one short, in which case relegate 3 and/or reprieve a team that finishes highest up in the relegation spots in the North/South. 

Its not ideal, however I am more comfortable with this than the idea of just relegating one and only promoting champions from North/South. I still don't feel it is right or fair to say Barrow, Kings Lynn and Wealdstone are champions either but I don't have a better proposal or solution to offer up. 

56 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Well there you go, that has taken at least 3 meetings and nothing has changed!!!! 

20200615_204535.jpg

Its probably the most fairest way, although I still feel the champion clubs in our league and the North especially are too tight to really call. With that said, I don't see a better alternative. 

The playoffs for North/South and "correct" amount of teams relegated from the Prem being sorted is, in my opinion, the big improvement that makes this feel fairer than the original proposal of sacking the playoffs off in the N/S and only relegating one. 

17 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Can teams in the North/South afford play offs at an estimate of around 20k per club per game and no TV or commercial money to offset the cost ?

Probably not. However, it the money the EFL will save in not paying parachute payments to one club from EFL 1 and for 1 club from EFL2 would probably be enough to cover the costs for all the playoff games in the NL and NL North/South.

2 hours ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

Another one I have read is they might now be doing playoffs in the north and south leagues.

If you have a look at Papa's post, it does say Leagues in the plural.

58 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Probably not. However, it the money the EFL will save in not paying parachute payments to one club from EFL 1 and for 1 club from EFL2 would probably be enough to cover the costs for all the playoff games in the NL and NL North/South.

Just ask one Premier League high earner if he'll pay for it. Small change to someone like that.