National League Playoffs

28 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

think on bt sports if you have it...if not you can all come to mine I will put big tv in garden with chairs 2m apart...for just 30 pound per person?:D

I quite liked the idea one of the Danish teams had which was to put the game on a big screen like a drive in movie. That way at least you can get some feeling of being in it together whilst keeping a safe distance. Is there anywhere in Halifax that would be suitable for such an event? 

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think PW has done a superb job. We were in with a chance of actually winning the league for a huge part of this season. Considering he had 10 days to build a squad and he is a rookie manager co

We've been quick out of the traps the last 2 or 3 years. Hopefully we treat it as a new season.

New voting options released. 

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I quite liked the idea one of the Danish teams had which was to put the game on a big screen like a drive in movie. That way at least you can get some feeling of being in it together whilst keeping a safe distance. Is there anywhere in Halifax that would be suitable for such an event? 

yes my garden:P

Anything should be considered, if BT Sports are unwilling to share the proceeds, and I am not saying they won't at this point in time, they will undoubtedly gain by having exclusive rights to show the games, then we need something to make up for the loss of revenue from the gate money. Maybe BT Sports could grant the club a one off license to show the game in such a way as a way to at least try to cover the costs of getting the game on in the first instance. Let's face it, if the teams cannot afford to play the game then BT Sports make nothing.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

The Shay?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sparrow said:

think on bt sports if you have it...if not you can all come to mine I will put big tv in garden with chairs 2m apart...for just 30 pound per person?:D

Thirty Quid!!!  I hope you'll include a half time pie and a pint

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

On the subject of raising money for your club, Gatesehad fans have raised in excess of 15K for the club, for every donation they get something in return.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/gateshead-fc-budget-booster

It shows what can be done if you try...so what do we do next to try to reach the same level of financial support from the fans?

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

It shows what can be done if you try...so what do we do next to try to reach the same level of financial support from the fans?

Exactly, something along the lines of that would work for or fans I am sure of it. One of the problems our club faces is there are some "supporters" who feel the Chairman should put his hand in his pocket, something I am sure he has done and is still doing. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
7 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Exactly, something along the lines of that would work for or fans I am sure of it. One of the problems our club faces is there are some "supporters" who feel the Chairman should put his hand in his pocket, something I am sure he has done and is still doing. 

I think it's a great idea..I would definitely contribute 

10 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Fair points. I don't think the average fan appreciates or gets how much funding the BoD have put in to push the FT model in the last couple of years.

With that said, as a club I do feel we are stagnating on the engagement front which kills us when it comes to trying to generate new fans and external revenue coming into the club. It does appear at times that the club only reach out to fans when they want something, otherwise communication is often one way, ignored or poor. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

He has done already

44 minutes ago, Flea said:

Fair points. I don't think the average fan appreciates or gets how much funding the BoD have put in to push the FT model in the last couple of years.

With that said, as a club I do feel we are stagnating on the engagement front which kills us when it comes to trying to generate new fans and external revenue coming into the club. It does appear at times that the club only reach out to fans when they want something, otherwise communication is often one way, ignored or poor. 

How much? Serious question.

I accept the BoD have put money in the club via sponsorship, but what evidence is there that gives even an indication of how much? I haven't seen any.

They wanted the club without skeletons and without fans owning shares. They wanted customers, not supporters. Well, they got their wish. We're in unprecedented times and I'll throw a few quid in here and there, but to say the supporters should be looking to smooth the financial impact on a company owned by a multi-millionaire is beyond laughable.

Those of you trying to subtly suggest it's our duty should remember that a lot of supporters will be losing their jobs in the weeks and months ahead. If you're so rich that you can afford to hand over cash to a multi-millionaire, fantastic, but most of us aren't.

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

How much? Serious question.

Honestly (And this isnt me trying to be clever in the answer), I haven't a clue, but my belief is a fair bit has been spent on set up costs re training grounds, equipment and structural change moving from PT to FT. I think one of the reasons we appear to be light on players at times was because focus on the "background" stuff was more a priority. 

As to a figure, I simply can't give one. I do agree with your points about they want customers and not supporters however, I think its a valid point. I think as customers when we part with cash the club are proactive, however as supporters when we go through the day to day, less so. 

I'm not trying to blindly support the board, I'm trying to be fair in my assessment. My belief / understanding is that money has been put in to keep us going in this current format, however at the same time, continual neglect of growing the fan base and being proactive in engagement is shooting ourselves in the foot as we lose income streams from that. For me I still get the sense that as fans we are very easily dismissed or "left out in the cold" at times. 

• Like 1