Should have been at Headingley tonight watching Yorkshire in T20 action but I guess rain would have stopped play.

7 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

with this level of rain I fear Saturday's match is in doubt? 

And we should have been at Scarbados this weekend for Yorkshire v Lancashire 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chadders said:

Should have been at Headingley tonight watching Yorkshire in T20 action but I guess rain would have stopped play.

How do you reckon yccc would have faired in the T20, with the move away from home grown talent? I was expecting a fail and the demise of Gale. 

9 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

How do you reckon yccc would have faired in the T20, with the move away from home grown talent? I was expecting a fail and the demise of Gale. 

Thought we had a half decent side on paper particularly if Bairstow was available. Whilst T20 isn't seen as proper cricket in a lot of people's eyes I take it with a pinch of salt and have watched Yorkshire in two finals days instead of watching Town. I was hopeful for this season in all formats but we'll never know.

2 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

with this level of rain I fear Saturday's match is in doubt? 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

How are Yorkshire CCC doing this season with all these tense Duckworth Lewis cliffhangers ?

Doubtful for the playoffs going on the last thread :D 

9 hours ago, chadders said:

Thought we had a half decent side on paper particularly if Bairstow was available. Whilst T20 isn't seen as proper cricket in a lot of people's eyes I take it with a pinch of salt and have watched Yorkshire in two finals days instead of watching Town. I was hopeful for this season in all formats but we'll never know.

What do you think of any chances of the T20 Internationals at Headingley going ahead later in the summer, my view is no chance with spectators and the ECB are just holding my ticket cash for as long as they can!

18 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

What do you think of any chances of the T20 Internationals at Headingley going ahead later in the summer, my view is no chance with spectators and the ECB are just holding my ticket cash for as long as they can!

Highly unlikely any fans will be allowed in I agree. And the ECB will hold onto the cash as long as possible. I know some who have tickets for England v West Indies this coming Sunday and not a sniff of a refund yet 

11 hours ago, chadders said:

I did one finals day, I had a strong family interest with the nephew captaining, and it was a flat affair. So few actual fans there. On that day it was actually the returning stars who let the side down, Root and Bairstow. Proud moment nevertheless. 

2 hours ago, francisfirth said:

I did one finals day, I had a strong family interest with the nephew captaining, and it was a flat affair. So few actual fans there. On that day it was actually the returning stars who let the side down, Root and Bairstow. Proud moment nevertheless. 

Enjoyed Cardiff a lot more than Edgbaston finals day and you are right re Root and co under performing. Sat with Alex's aunt and grandma ?? at last year's Halifax Cricket League Dinner and enjoyed their company.

4 hours ago, chadders said:

Enjoyed Cardiff a lot more than Edgbaston finals day and you are right re Root and co under performing. Sat with Alex's aunt and grandma ?? at last year's Halifax Cricket League Dinner and enjoyed their company.

I tell you what, all this talk of cricket doesn't help. Miss it same as Shay for different reasons. Chester le Street is no Scarborough though! 

3 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I tell you what, all this talk of cricket doesn't help. Miss it same as Shay for different reasons. Chester le Street is no Scarborough though! 

I know what you mean had Somerset and Gloucester down for this seasons away trips - 3 nights at each - plus of course two four day trips to Scarborough. And yes Chester Le Street has a certain "charm" about it tho we usually stayed at Washington and are and drank in Champs if it's still there.

44 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

You have just answered a question for me!! My mom said she sat next to a real Town fan at the dinner but she couldn't tell me who!! 

Real town fans would have been at football and not cricket #parttimerterry