Predict the kick off date for the next Conference Season.

4 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

I like the optimism. We are already talking about next season when we don't even know if we are concluding this season with play offs. We only know that the normal season has finished. Someone somewhere needs to make a decision. 

The fact that the Premier League and Championship can actually afford to play games behind closed doors (full testing, bubbles etc.) meaning relegation/promotion still exists, has thrown the lower leagues into limbo. Its all wrong.

Supposed to be a decision Monday but I'm not holding my breath. I know there have been Shambolic decisions in this league previously but this season beggars belief.

7 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Supposed to be a decision Monday but I'm not holding my breath. I know there have been Shambolic decisions in this league previously but this season beggars belief.

Changed to Tuesday now, clubs have submitted their proposals, and I am not sure if Tuesday is D Day or if it's going to be another meeting about arranging a date for another deadline? 

2nd January 2021

Season finishes end of June

No play offs

No cups

No social distancing (full test&trace and or/face coverings) 

Season 2022 back to normal... Just had my crystal balls out!! 

29 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

2nd January 2021

Season finishes end of June

No play offs

No cups

No social distancing (full test&trace and or/face coverings) 

Season 2022 back to normal... Just had my crystal balls out!! 

I hope you managed to get them back in OK:huh:

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Premier league looking at proposals to kick off 2020/21 season 12th/13th Spetember with fans allowed in stadiums.

Yes. They clearly know what they want, but their decision to relegate and accept teams to come up from the championship means everyone else is lagging behind in their wake, playing catch up, but they can't afford to. To hell with everyone else!! 

That's why we are already lagging three months behind. 

Edited by shaymen_x

if you can go and drink a pint in a pub indoors in July than I can't see you would not be able to a match at our level outdoors in September? The police have done nothing about the mass gatherings this weekend in protest at the murder of George Floyd  #blueandwhitelivesmatter

• Like 1

Playing Devils Advocate here, and assuming that we are having a "grown up" conversation as well as following the science, by the time we get to August, if we are allowed to go into supermarkets, possibly travel on planes, choose of our own accord to get on buses and trains, as well as meet up with groups of people outdoors, and finally maybe with social distancing reduced to 1 m to enable us to go into pubs and bars, why would it not be possible of our own free will, and taking sensible precautions such as the wearing of face masks, to attend a game of football?

Potentially we would be protected with test&trace, face coverings and some element of distancing where possible, but how would the players be protected. They were a set of wusses (in general) before the pandemic. How would you get them back on the pitch without state of the art protection nowadays? 

A footnote to this is that the top Premier clubs are spending circa £500k per club just for testing/isolating during the upcoming behind closed door games. Hence my theory that the season won't start until Jan. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Potentially we would be protected with test&trace, face coverings and some element of distancing where possible, but how would the players be protected. They were a set of wusses (in general) before the pandemic. How would you get them back on the pitch without state of the art protection nowadays? 

A footnote to this is that the top Premier clubs are spending circa £500k per club just for testing/isolating during the upcoming behind closed door games. Hence my theory that the season won't start until Jan. 

Good point. I was assuming that if the games were being played in the first place that a solution to the risks on the pitch had been resolved. If it does require a large amount of money to be spent to enable this and this is larger than the amount of money being generated by playing the game, then it stands to reason that no club would willingly enter into a situation which has only one outcome - bankruptcy.

• Like 1