5 hours ago, kit said:

Strongly agree, mate. I think I've worn a groove in the pavement between the Shay and Three Pigeons!

Doubt you'd wear a groove in sandals.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Doubt you'd wear a groove in sandals.

They were clogs when he first started........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought they just wrapped their feet in fur off animals they had trapped when Kit was a young man, in fact some of them in Hipperholme still do. :shh:

I so understand this .. living in Norway I make a pilgrimage about once a year to Halifax .. 

think we should have a statue or shrine outside the entrance for those on a pilgrimage to come and prey at before a game 

think it should be a statue of a common supporter .. after all they are the backbone of the club 

My other half does not understand why I do this. I have not lived in the area for over forty years, anybody I knew has died or has moved away .. there is nothing in the Town to bring me home except some crappy football team , the worst in the area . Yet every now and then I make the pilgrimage ..god only knows why I certainly can’t explain it to her .. but come again when we next play. For now I will continue to donate to supporters club to keep the money away from the tax man. 

see you at a game soon 

nick 

keeping the faith 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nick said:

I so understand this .. living in Norway I make a pilgrimage about once a year to Halifax .. 

think we should have a statue or shrine outside the entrance for those on a pilgrimage to come and prey at before a game 

think it should be a statue of a common supporter .. after all they are the backbone of the club 

My other half does not understand why I do this. I have not lived in the area for over forty years, anybody I knew has died or has moved away .. there is nothing in the Town to bring me home except some crappy football team , the worst in the area . Yet every now and then I make the pilgrimage ..god only knows why I certainly can’t explain it to her .. but come again when we next play. For now I will continue to donate to supporters club to keep the money away from the tax man. 

see you at a game soon 

nick 

keeping the faith 

You sound like the character in the Tom Waits song, ‘Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis’: ‘Everyone I used to know is either dead or in prison...’

10 hours ago, francisfirth said:

In this strange time I have reflected how my 'special place' in life is the Shay. Distance means I don't get there as often as I would like, but when I do, it's the only place I want to be. I watch the game with football mates who I have known for decades. We talk shite for a couple of hours, bask in victory when it happens, curse the ref if it doesn't. There is nothing else like it and no memories that match it. I remember results and goals from every decade back to the seventies. I never get bored with it and one way or another, it always evokes some emotion. It's not about success, formations, 'knowing football' or being fashionable. It's about loving this club that we are part of in a way that premiership fans can only dream of. God I miss it. 

Stand up if you love the Town. 

Privaliged to be one of those mates and boy what a special time watching football is, bring on the hip flask

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

You sound like the character in the Tom Waits song, ‘Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis’: ‘Everyone I used to know is either dead or in prison...’

Sounds like my family.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Wouldn't be at the Shay in June anyway unless I'd seen the light :lol: not converting any time soon

I still pop in when we are not playing just to check it's still there! 

29 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

My dad told me they were testing the tannoy today at The Shay. One more small step towards normality. 

Bout time we sacked off Norman Collier though...

35 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

My dad told me they were testing the tannoy today at The Shay. One more small step towards normality. 

Testing testing testing....its the only way. Germany sorted their tannoys out with rigorous testing 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Testing testing testing....its the only way. Germany sorted their tannoys out with rigorous testing 

Would we still need a tannoy announcer for games played behind closed doors?

13 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Would we still need a tannoy announcer for games played behind closed doors?

The foliage needs cutting back on Skircoat Road so we can see half the pitch properly.

I wonder if there are any empty flats in Shaw Hill flats. 

1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

Yes for the raffle

Oh and there will always be someone who has left their lights on in the car park.....

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

The foliage needs cutting back on Skircoat Road so we can see half the pitch properly.

I wonder if there are any empty flats in Shaw Hill flats. 

Oh for the good old days when you could watch over the fence at the Bus Shed end. Still maybe a good pair of binoculars from Beacon Hill might work?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Oh and there will always be someone who has left their lights on in the car park.....

And guess the crowd raffles 

Would Kit get special dispensation to be there with his bucket if he socially distances himself