3 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

To be delivered after 13/7/20!

Could be all over by then!

HaHaHa, I didn't see that bit, maybe they are on a row boat from china - everything else is these days it seems.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another change in government policy. They are making all this up as they go along. One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with thi

The only reason I have bought one is to support the club. I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for one elsewhere. A quick bit of research suggests I could have bought a similar one for £

If it’s the same lettuce, then it is because it is second hand by the time it gets into the one in town!!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Would you be happier paying £19.99 inclusive of p&p ? You're literally arguing with yourself

Why would I be happier paying even more money thsn they already are? They are £16.95 incl p&p. 

I'm not literally argueing with myself you've agreed with me and contradicted yourself above. :wub: :lol:

Edited by Erik Everhard
1 hour ago, steve lumb said:

Brilliant, lets compare Liverpool with FCHT.................

Steve, it was not a case of "comparing" Halifax with Liverpool but merely an example of what the price was for a comparable product from another source. As with all of these types of purchases you have look at the Total Cost of Ownership, in this case the mask and the cost for delivery, and as has been pointed out how long that delivery may take. If I was doing this as an options appraisal and the primary reason for the procurement of the said face masks was to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the next week or two then the Halifax offer would trump the Liverpool offer. 

Some people have chosen to purchase a Halifax facemask irrespective of the cost as a genuine gesture of support for the club, whilst others have found it too high a price to pay. It may be they do have to be more careful with what they have to spend so they chose when and what to buy in order to support the club.

On another note, it as mentioned that the club only originally expected to sell 50 when in fact they have had orders for 300. Could the club have been more ambitious in this enterprise? Knowing they have an extremely loyal following why not order 500 to start with, they would probably have been given a lower cost per mask, which would have led to a way to include P&P in the price, plus any left over could have been offered free with a Season Ticket, which may have at least mitigated in a minor way the increase in the ST for next season? I have seen this lack of ambition around the subject of matchday programs, which always end like trying to find rocking horse ****, they always sell out. If I was running a shop and we constantly ran out of a particular product I would buy more for the next game. The risk is minimal, as the cost of producing them would be lower for a higher print run, and the profits would be higher if they still all sold out.   

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Chester are selling masks for £10, £2 of which will go to our local hospital trust, postage is £1.

Good initiative. 

i suggest you buy a Chester face mask,i purchased two of our masks and i am very happy to  helping the club anyway i can

• Like 1
On 6/5/2020 at 2:48 PM, townmad said:

Box of 50 on ebay £16.99

I ordered these Thursday night and received them today. I've been told you can buy 2 washable ones for £3.00 from Asda. 

For me the debate on the postage cost is a thing that comes down to personal choice, nobody needs telling more than once that some think it is expensive, it's a case of you either buy one or don't buy one. I can't believe anyone will be refused entry anywhere because they are not wearing a face mask with the town logo on.:rolleyes:

Crikey, if you think they're too expensive don't buy one, if you think it's fine buy one, if you're not sure but want to support the club then buy one.

It's like listening to a speech from Boris. Buy a face mask but don't, pay P&P but don't, buy one from Liverpool but don't, don't buy one from Chester but do...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
16 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Steve, it was not a case of "comparing" Halifax with Liverpool but merely an example of what the price was for a comparable product from another source. As with all of these types of purchases you have look at the Total Cost of Ownership, in this case the mask and the cost for delivery, and as has been pointed out how long that delivery may take. If I was doing this as an options appraisal and the primary reason for the procurement of the said face masks was to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the next week or two then the Halifax offer would trump the Liverpool offer. 

Some people have chosen to purchase a Halifax facemask irrespective of the cost as a genuine gesture of support for the club, whilst others have found it too high a price to pay. It may be they do have to be more careful with what they have to spend so they chose when and what to buy in order to support the club.

On another note, it as mentioned that the club only originally expected to sell 50 when in fact they have had orders for 300. Could the club have been more ambitious in this enterprise? Knowing they have an extremely loyal following why not order 500 to start with, they would probably have been given a lower cost per mask, which would have led to a way to include P&P in the price, plus any left over could have been offered free with a Season Ticket, which may have at least mitigated in a minor way the increase in the ST for next season? I have seen this lack of ambition around the subject of matchday programs, which always end like trying to find rocking horse ****, they always sell out. If I was running a shop and we constantly ran out of a particular product I would buy more for the next game. The risk is minimal, as the cost of producing them would be lower for a higher print run, and the profits would be higher if they still all sold out.   

Having helped out in the shop over the years it's a gamble as to base your order quantity as there have been a number of lines the fan base on here and social media seemed keen on but when they became available the sales were disappointing. The difficulty then is with them being FCHT branded products it negates a sale or return deal with the supplier.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chadders said:

Having helped out in the shop over the years it's a gamble as to base your order quantity as there have been a number of lines the fan base on here and social media seemed keen on but when they became available the sales were disappointing. The difficulty then is with them being FCHT branded products it negates a sale or return deal with the supplier.

Chadders, I can appreciate the risk factor involved and the last thing you want is to be left with stock that you then have to offload at a loss.Although, as I suggested there was a way to use them up as freebies to season ticket holders, which would have saved having them left on the shelf and would have made a nice gesture. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, warleyshayman said:

i suggest you buy a Chester face mask,i purchased two of our masks and i am very happy to  helping the club anyway i can

You've attached text from someone else under my name. I didn't say that and I don't live in or near Chester. 

If any club donates money to a hospital then that's a good thing. However it doesn't mean I'll buy one because I have no affinity with Chester. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
2 hours ago, chadders said:

Look at the trouble they have had trying to sell the St Mirren bobble hats and they only ordered 5. :lol:

• Haha 2
On 6/4/2020 at 9:06 PM, Hands Off The Shay said:

Yet another change in government policy.

They are making all this up as they go along.

One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with this sort of nonsense is once imposed are they going to change policy yet again so we don't have to wear them?

I am becoming increasingly fed up of these government imposed sanctions on my daily life.

Hand washing is ok as it is normal basic hygiene.

Who came up with 2 meters social distancing? They will soon change it because it is obviously impractical and not being observed anyway. It'll soon be changed to 1 meter so pubs and restaurants can reopen not because of health reasons.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DYING ARE OLD AND / OR VULNERABLE OR PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS.. THEY SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON PROTECTING THOSE AND NOT IMPOSING THESE RESTRICTIONS ON THE WHOLE POPULATION.

I went into M&S today and there was a ridiculous queue for the food hall (not including me!). Surely people aren't going to carry on putting up with this crap and how is a crowd of people indoors like that supposed to be safe according to government policy?

There are so many contradictions it's just reduced to a farce which is exactly what you would expect when bureaucrats and the so called 'science' become involved. This is all manna from heaven for them.

HOW AND WHEN IS IT ALL GOING TO END?

Yours sincerely

HOTS.

P.S. While I am at it how can Tesco charge 75p for a lettuce at Tesco Free School Lane and the same lettuce at Tesco in the town centre is 49p? Something isn't right somewhere!

To answer the bottom bit. If Tescos's is anything like Sainsburys they will have got rid of all the staff looking after the ticketing process to save money. It's not uncommon in my store alone to have 2 different prices for the same item.