• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another change in government policy. They are making all this up as they go along. One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with thi

The only reason I have bought one is to support the club. I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for one elsewhere. A quick bit of research suggests I could have bought a similar one for £

If it’s the same lettuce, then it is because it is second hand by the time it gets into the one in town!!

I would suggest that the price of the mask at £12 should cover the wage cost. P&P should just be the actual cost of post and packing but it is often used to rip people off.

At one time, I don't know if it is still the case, sellers on Amazon used to make a decent amount of profit over what they charged for P&P.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, pen21 said:

If anyone who has had a face mask delivered, could they share the cost of the postage stamp on the envelope, postage is postage , nothing to do with the product price.

Are you for real? Evidence of sales suggest people are happy if the club makes a profit on postage. And as I said earlier why shouldn't the postage help to pay staff wages. You don't like it, neither does Erik, but more than 300 people seem ok with it. Don't know if you had a season ticket but you sound like a person who would have asked for money back on the games not played

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

300 people seem to think it is. I have absolutely no problem with that. 

Just because someone buys it doesn't mean they don't think it's not overpriced.

Edited by Erik Everhard
Just now, Papa Lazarou said:

They cant think it's that overpriced or else they wouldnt buy one

The only reason I have bought one is to support the club.

I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for one elsewhere.

A quick bit of research suggests I could have bought a similar one for £6.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Here is an example of what another team is charging.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/collections/face-coverings

Presume they purchase quite a few more than FCHT? Are they like for like? This is why Tesco is cheaper than your local shop, they buy a lot more so get a massively cheaper price. 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

They cant think it's that overpriced or else they wouldnt buy one

I have bought items in the past that have been overpriced because I really wanted or needed that item. 

As others have said, many will need a mask to travel on public transport and they also support the club. So they'll pay over the odds because they need one and because they want to help the club out financially. 

Whether someone feels the masks are overpriced or not isn't the issue. The issue is they ARE expensive and the cost of delivery is excessive which means the item is overpriced. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
19 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The club only ever intended to sell 50 and have now sold over 300 . I haven't seen any evidence that people were forced or bullied into buying them . 

Nobdoy has said that and it's not the issue. The issue is they are overpriced. 

17 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Nobdoy has said that and it's not the issue. The issue is they are overpriced. 

It's a free market, they can charge what they want . I'm constantly paying £60 to £80 over the odds but that's the market price and I have to make that choice

21 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

It's a free market, they can charge what they want . I'm constantly paying £60 to £80 over the odds but that's the market price and I have to make that choice

We know that. Read my post above. 

The issue is, is this item overpriced? The answer is yes. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

I have bought items in the past that have been overpriced because I really wanted or needed that item. 

As others have said, many will need a mask to travel on public transport and they also support the club. So they'll pay over the odds because they need one and because they want to help the club out financially. 

Whether someone feels the masks are overpriced or not isn't the issue. The issue is they ARE expensive and the cost of delivery is excessive which means the item is overpriced. 

That's fine, you can choose to buy or not........

Just now, steve lumb said:

That's fine, you can choose to buy or not........

I was going to buy one and went on the website and expected to pay maybe £1.99 delivery cost, not £4.95!!

So I changed my mind and have decided not to buy one. 

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I was going to buy one and went on the website and expected to pay maybe £1.99 delivery cost, not £4.95!!

So I changed my mind and have decided not to buy one. 

stop going on about it then.............

I think the issue really is the price of P&P when we cannot collect the item ourselves. On Ebay it would probably have been 99p.

Ironically if the club had charged even more for the mask and charged the P&P at cost then there wouldn't be an issue!

It's one of those things that just leaves you with a bad taste and could easily have been avoided.

At the end of the day we are being forced to buy a mask from somewhere and you could equally argue that for this particular item the club could have shown some philanthropy towards the fans in exchange for the club name being promoted.

• Like 1