Another point to add is that a mask (PPE or RPE as it is known) containing a valve (as seen on several news clips of the black lives matter protests) should be illegal to wear in public. The valve protects the wearer but then allows him to breathe potentially virus containing droplets out. 

I hope this clears it up. It's my day job. 

Edited by shaymen_x
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another change in government policy. They are making all this up as they go along. One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with thi

The only reason I have bought one is to support the club. I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for one elsewhere. A quick bit of research suggests I could have bought a similar one for £

If it’s the same lettuce, then it is because it is second hand by the time it gets into the one in town!!

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

I've had a couple of sherbuts now so please excuse my semi rant / complaint. I was going to buy one of the Town face masks, but I object. They are £12, fair enough, I know the club are trying to raise some cash and I'd be quite happy to buy one and wear it proudly. But £4.95 p&p I totally object to. So I wont be buying one. Surely we can pick them up from somewhere. Rant over, up the Shaymen, long live town, bring back Les Massie & Phil McCarthy.

I agree. I was going to buy one but I'm not paying that. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I agree. I was going to buy one but I'm not paying that. 

Anyone know where to buy one in Halifax that is decent quality and not one of those blue medical masks?

I might end up buying the FCHT one but also resent being ripped off particularly for something like this.

I resent having to wear it but I occasionally use public transport so no choice.

Edited by Hands Off The Shay
Added wording
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Anyone know where to buy one in Halifax that is decent quality and not one of those blue medical masks?

I might end up buying the FCHT one but also resent being ripped off particularly for something like this.

I resent having to wear it but I occasionally use public transport so no choice.

Depends what you want bud. 

I would prefer a cotton one and I've seen one site thwt sells 2 for £12 and the postage is free. 

A few shops near my mates in Leeds are selling them from anytning from a quid to 3 quid. 

Depends what type you want mate. 

3 minutes ago, shaykehands said:

A snood can be an alternative

Yes, I agree. I'm thinking about rolling the neck up on my polar neck jumper. We'll all look like Italian ultras on a wet night in Milan. 

43 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Depends what you want bud. 

I would prefer a cotton one and I've seen one site thwt sells 2 for £12 and the postage is free. 

A few shops near my mates in Leeds are selling them from anytning from a quid to 3 quid. 

Depends what type you want mate. 

I normally prefer cotton clothing because I have sensitive skin.

To be fair the FCHT one says it is hypoallergenic and the design is ok.

I'll probably end up talking myself into buying one!

Also I think I would get a supporters club discount?

Edited by Hands Off The Shay
Added wording
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Riders of Rohan said:

Here is the minute from the SAGE Meeting on the 18th March:

29. Transport measures such as restricting public transport, taxis and private hire would have minimal impact on reducing transmission.

and on the 13th March ( ten days before lockdown)

24. SAGE was unanimous that measures seeking to completely suppress spread of Covid 19 will cause a second peak.

With scientific advice like that it’s a bit hard to blame the govt. We are supposed to have world class experts from Oxford Cambridge London School of Health etc, with hindsight it doesn’t look that way. Odd how our media haven’t reported on these and other gems in the Sage minutes, it seems it doesn’t fit their narrative.

I agree and I argued that the government were only following advice when they delayed lockdown. Only after reading one online newspaper it seems that they were advised to lockdown a few weeks earlier but they chose to ignore that advice and delay lockdown in favour of the Swedish approach. 

I have never known a time like the last 10/15 years in British politics. I know that politicians in general have always lied but it's the amount of disinformation and spin, not just online but in the media too. 

My own take on it all is that our advisors have been poor and our government have been poor. 

Huge lessons to be learned and a lot more planning needs to be done in rediment for the next wave of COVID 19 and the next airborne virus that comes along. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
12 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I've taken the plunge and ordered my FCHT mask.

I hope it doesn't take the possible 14 days to be delivered a distance of approx. 1/4 mile!

They could just send Pete Wild on with it but is he still furloughed?

As I understand it, there's only one person at the club working, so it will take a long time to pack and label all these orders

• Like 2
13 hours ago, shaykehands said:

A snood can be an alternative

I was thinking about wrapping my Town scalf covering my face up to the bridge of my nose. 

The only trouble is if the weather picks up again it'll be incomfortable.

39 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

So why aren't the club using that?

You forget there's the cost of the packaging, the contribution to the employees wages, and the need for income to the club. If people can't afford it that's fine. They have said they have sold over 300 so if the club makes a small profit overall on the masks and postage, I regard that as a good thing. Nobody was forced to buy one

22 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

You forget there's the cost of the packaging, the contribution to the employees wages, and the need for income to the club. If people can't afford it that's fine. They have said they have sold over 300 so if the club makes a small profit overall on the masks and postage, I regard that as a good thing. Nobody was forced to buy one

There's also the mark up of profit from the mask. I'll be shocked if it's not at least 40% profit. Packaging is a minimal expense when bought in bulk. 

I do get that it's in suppport of the club but fsns are pahing over the odds. 

6 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

There's also the mark up of profit from the mask. I'll be shocked if it's not at least 40% profit. Packaging is a minimal expense when bought in bulk. 

I do get that it's in suppport of the club but fsns are pahing over the odds. 

People have a choice, buy one or not

• Like 1