• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another change in government policy. They are making all this up as they go along. One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with thi

The only reason I have bought one is to support the club. I certainly wouldn't have paid that much for one elsewhere. A quick bit of research suggests I could have bought a similar one for £

If it’s the same lettuce, then it is because it is second hand by the time it gets into the one in town!!

Because social distancing rules still have to be obeyed. Whilst I think it’s doable at the shay because of capacity to attendance ratios, how many other clubs could say the same. For example notts county wouldn’t fit over 5 thousand in and keep them all socially distanced.

2 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

Because social distancing rules still have to be obeyed. Whilst I think it’s doable at the shay because of capacity to attendance ratios, how many other clubs could say the same. For example notts county wouldn’t fit over 5 thousand in and keep them all socially distanced.

I have a feeling those rules soon disappear in favour of PPE. 

The more they lift lockdown the less we'll see of such rules. 

More and more peolle will have to travel via public transport. When they do it'll be impossible for them to social distance. 

1 hour ago, Erik Everhard said:

The mandatory wearing of face masks on publuc transport comes in on June 15th.

Why don't the PL, EFL and more importantly, the NL, follow suit and allow fans back into matches? 

Could well be an option being looked at Erik. Got mine on order as I commute by train to work but can see this being a viable way of getting fans into stadiums.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, chadders said:

Could well be an option being looked at Erik. Got mine on order as I commute by train to work but can see this being a viable way of getting fans into stadiums.

You haven't  taken your mask off since October 31st

1 hour ago, chadders said:

Any idea how long the delivery time is for the masks mate? 

Yet another change in government policy.

They are making all this up as they go along.

One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with this sort of nonsense is once imposed are they going to change policy yet again so we don't have to wear them?

I am becoming increasingly fed up of these government imposed sanctions on my daily life.

Hand washing is ok as it is normal basic hygiene.

Who came up with 2 meters social distancing? They will soon change it because it is obviously impractical and not being observed anyway. It'll soon be changed to 1 meter so pubs and restaurants can reopen not because of health reasons.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DYING ARE OLD AND / OR VULNERABLE OR PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS.. THEY SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON PROTECTING THOSE AND NOT IMPOSING THESE RESTRICTIONS ON THE WHOLE POPULATION.

I went into M&S today and there was a ridiculous queue for the food hall (not including me!). Surely people aren't going to carry on putting up with this crap and how is a crowd of people indoors like that supposed to be safe according to government policy?

There are so many contradictions it's just reduced to a farce which is exactly what you would expect when bureaucrats and the so called 'science' become involved. This is all manna from heaven for them.

HOW AND WHEN IS IT ALL GOING TO END?

Yours sincerely

HOTS.

P.S. While I am at it how can Tesco charge 75p for a lettuce at Tesco Free School Lane and the same lettuce at Tesco in the town centre is 49p? Something isn't right somewhere!

Edited by Hands Off The Shay
Added wording
  • Like 4

Totally agree with the above 

The economy will now become more important than lives moving forward so the masks and one metre rules will suddenly be ‘endorsed by science‘ no doubt.

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

. While I am at it how can Tesco charge 75p for a lettuce at Tesco Free School Lane and the same lettuce at Tesco in the town centre is 49p? Something isn't right somewhere!

If it’s the same lettuce, then it is because it is second hand by the time it gets into the one in town!!

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, chadders said:

Am presuming that's a steam train? 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Grayski said:

Totally agree with the above 

The economy will now become more important than lives moving forward so the masks and one metre rules will suddenly be ‘endorsed by science‘ no doubt.

It's also a convenient way for the government to pass the buck onto us. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
10 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Any idea how long the delivery time is for the masks mate? 

Around 7/10 days hopefully sooner in time for the 15th. 

7 hours ago, francisfirth said:

Am presuming that's a steam train? 

Certainly full of hot air when I'm on board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, kit said:

Do criminals have to wear face masks?

Most of the criminals round me appeared to cotton on to wearing masks along time ago - perhaps they were just ahead of the curve?

18 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'm certainty considering investing in some tights . Any recommendations ?

Just make sure they match your face mask !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
14 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Yet another change in government policy.

They are making all this up as they go along.

One moment masks are considered to be ineffective next minute they are compulsory. The trouble with this sort of nonsense is once imposed are they going to change policy yet again so we don't have to wear them?

I am becoming increasingly fed up of these government imposed sanctions on my daily life.

Hand washing is ok as it is normal basic hygiene.

Who came up with 2 meters social distancing? They will soon change it because it is obviously impractical and not being observed anyway. It'll soon be changed to 1 meter so pubs and restaurants can reopen not because of health reasons.

THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE DYING ARE OLD AND / OR VULNERABLE OR PRE-EXISTING HEALTH CONDITIONS.. THEY SHOULD BE CONCENTRATING ON PROTECTING THOSE AND NOT IMPOSING THESE RESTRICTIONS ON THE WHOLE POPULATION.

I went into M&S today and there was a ridiculous queue for the food hall (not including me!). Surely people aren't going to carry on putting up with this crap and how is a crowd of people indoors like that supposed to be safe according to government policy?

There are so many contradictions it's just reduced to a farce which is exactly what you would expect when bureaucrats and the so called 'science' become involved. This is all manna from heaven for them.

HOW AND WHEN IS IT ALL GOING TO END?

Yours sincerely

HOTS.

P.S. While I am at it how can Tesco charge 75p for a lettuce at Tesco Free School Lane and the same lettuce at Tesco in the town centre is 49p? Something isn't right somewhere!

I’m just glad previous generations had more patience with rationing and blackouts. 

Changes are taking place and are paving the way for further lifting of lockdown measures which is only good for the economy. Are they making it is as they go along? No but they are getting more and more information on the virus and what’s effective. This is something new and unprecedented. The Nightingale outfits helped protect the NHS and unlike other countries that have had similar infections, not once have we seen footage of people laying on the floor in corridors because there isn’t enough room. In the end they haven’t really been needed as social distancing measures helped to keep the flow of people into intensive care manageable. They are ready to be mothballed but are being kept just in case there is a second wave however nowhere that has lifted restrictions so far have seen this.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ash said:

I’m just glad previous generations had more patience with rationing and blackouts. 

Changes are taking place and are paving the way for further lifting of lockdown measures which is only good for the economy. Are they making it is as they go along? No but they are getting more and more information on the virus and what’s effective. This is something new and unprecedented. The Nightingale outfits helped protect the NHS and unlike other countries that have had similar infections, not once have we seen footage of people laying on the floor in corridors because there isn’t enough room. In the end they haven’t really been needed as social distancing measures helped to keep the flow of people into intensive care manageable. They are ready to be mothballed but are being kept just in case there is a second wave however nowhere that has lifted restrictions so far have seen this.

"Making it up as they go along" or "responding to changing conditions and new evidence"? People/media spend weeks lobbying the government to do something (e.g. face coverings) and then when they do, they go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's TOO BLOOMIN' LATE", or they go "MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG, BLOOMIN' IDIOTS" and so on and so on. Some people just love to stick the knife in and claim anyone and everyone else would have apparently done a better job.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, greg45 said:

"Making it up as they go along" or "responding to changing conditions and new evidence"? People/media spend weeks lobbying the government to do something (e.g. face coverings) and then when they do, they go "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's TOO BLOOMIN' LATE", or they go "MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG, BLOOMIN' IDIOTS" and so on and so on. Some people just love to stick the knife in and claim anyone and everyone else would have apparently done a better job.

Japanese scientists recognised that a face covering can comprehensively restrict the virus being passed from one person to another back in April. Frontline  NHS staff wear gloves and masks to stop the spread of the virus. 

If we all wear gloves and masks when we get on public transport or enter a supermarket or shop it should almost eradicate the virus. 

I can understand the government taking a cautious approach but some things are just plain common sense.