AGB

Latest on Playoffs

46 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Or this?

20200627_223720.jpg

You've got to be kidding. So the decision made by our league could be rendered absolutely useless and we might not have play offs after all. 

What an absolute fecking joke. 

1 hour ago, crowtherjcbravo said:

The silence is deafening from the national league.

The sooner we get out of the NL and into the EFL the better.....:D

• Like 1

The only positive in our case would be at least all the money raised would be able to go towards next seasons budget. A final decision needs to be made imminently though. It’s becoming a joke this 

5 minutes ago, AJS said:

The only positive in our case would be at least all the money raised would be able to go towards next seasons budget. A final decision needs to be made imminently though. It’s becoming a joke this 

There's still wages to be paid now the players are off furlough.  Also i read a message by Stevenage's chairman saying they hoped to start training 1st August for a 12 September season start, 1st time i've read a proposed start date.  And L2 clubs proposing legal action to have Macc relegated, arguing the 2 point deduction was too lenient.

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

You've got to be kidding. So the decision made by our league could be rendered absolutely useless and we might not have play offs after all. 

What an absolute fecking joke. 

If they end up not doing the play offs after all this the FA should foot the bill for the money that clubs have spend in preparing for the play offs.

This is a farce, I don’t see what the problem is. L1 and L2 play offs are going ahead. Stevenage are appealing but I don’t think they have any grounds, comfortably the worst club in the division. Accept your fate and go down with a bit of dignity.

40 minutes ago, riccardo259 said:

Stevenage are appealing but I don’t think they have any grounds, comfortably the worst club in the division. Accept your fate and go down with a bit of dignity.

Any club would have appealed. Relegation affects every aspect of the football club, from player contracts, sponsorship to ground requirements and future budgets. It's at least a million less in terms of income, and they're absolutely right imo, relegation should be determined across a season, not part of it. Unprecedented times and all that, but they have to make at least a token attempt to retain League status and that million, otherwise they're stupid. I'd expect no less from Halifax Town in their position.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If Stevenage win an appeal then surly Macclesfield go down, this would be so much simpler if the EFL just relegate both, job done 

Am sure this would mean promoting Alty so the NL would be in favour!!

7 hours ago, LeedsShaymen said:

If Stevenage win an appeal then surly Macclesfield go down, this would be so much simpler if the EFL just relegate both, job done 

Yep, but why do the obvious thing which could be sorted after a minute or two's thought when they can piss about for months and feck everbody off.