Sign in to follow this  
ITMAN

Is this the way forward?

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/statement/

Interesting statement from Hartlepool which highlights some innovative ways for clubs to consider in terms of finding funding and through further volunteer participation to reduce costs. Not sure how this works for a club who do not own their ground but it may have some legs..

All that says to me is that Raj is sick of spunking his cash at a lost cause and wants some of it back !

8 minutes ago, shaycrazy said:

I see Denton has been offered a deal for next season. Good on him.

I'll be surprised if it's the same deal he's on now. I would think it'll be a few hundred pounds a week less than he was on before. 

10 minutes ago, steve lumb said:

183 staff?

Yes, I thought that sounded very high, but it includes staff such as stewards, maybe they have got the cleaning woman and the people who server cups of tea and burgers on matchdays as well.

9 hours ago, shaycrazy said:

I see Denton has been offered a deal for next season. Good on him.

I loved the sarcastic comment that came with the offer "at least he wont be playing cricket this summer".

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, shayman v said:

i can't believe they have over 180 staff furloughed

Guess this includes academy and community staff primarily paid for by EFL funding which I think runs out this year. Barnet were in similar situation a while back pre Covid-19 and laid a large number of staff off.

11 hours ago, shayman v said:

i can't believe they have over 180 staff furloughed

If that was Borehamwood it would have needed them to furlough the fans !

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

If that was Borehamwood it would have needed them to furlough the fans !

Yes, it is quite admirable how they stay in business at this level? OK, the Chairman pumps money in each season but they must have other revenue streams we do not seem to have access to?

45 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Yes, it is quite admirable how they stay in business at this level? OK, the Chairman pumps money in each season but they must have other revenue streams we do not seem to have access to?

Don't arsenal ladies play there?

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Yes they do.

Is the Womens game a summer sport? Of course we share with the rugby, but go no income from that as we do not own the ground.

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Is the Womens game a summer sport? Of course we share with the rugby, but go no income from that as we do not own the ground.

As far as I know and remember from transporting Soton Ladies winter.

Could we buy the ground back? Would it an asset with a sitting tenant? What is it worth to the Council?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Could we buy the ground back? Would it an asset with a sitting tenant? What is it worth to the Council?

IMO I'd buy it tomorrow if could be loads of extra revenue but lots are apposed.

2 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

IMO I'd buy it tomorrow if could be loads of extra revenue but lots are apposed.

I wouldn't be surprised after all this if the council will be looking to offload some of it's property portfolio to raise cash.

• Like 1

Ownership of the ground is a major factor in what you can do. This was the curse of Leeds Utd when the Council took ownership of the ground at Elland Road.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

I wouldn't be surprised after all this if the council will be looking to offload some of it's property portfolio to raise cash.

But could we raise the money?

5 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

But could we raise the money?

The saving grace might be that no one could at the moment!

However, if someone with the cash came along then they aren't going to turn it down.