Yer that was a decent read. Danny Hone arguing with an opponent though isn’t much of an anecdote, the lad made a career of doing that.Did like the ones about Denton getting stuck in a toilet and Heath keeping the team sheet until the very last minute against Harrogate in the cup.

Edited by neilstewart
Just now, TJAshton said:

I see again another player who didn’t like the next manager after Heath left. 

It is interesting how its such a common theme.

At the same time, its also striking to note how many people spoke highly of Billy Heath. An easy target when he was here, however, from my dealings with both managers my opinion on both Heath and JF match "the common theme". 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Flea said:

It is interesting how its such a common theme.

At the same time, its also striking to note how many people spoke highly of Billy Heath. An easy target when he was here, however, from my dealings with both managers my opinion on both Heath and JF match "the common theme". 

Indeed. Brilliant what Heath did at Harrogate in the cup and also how confident he was against salford on penalties 

Interesting that Heath himself thought he would get sacked if we didn't beat Chorley.

Fullarton always said he was the manager not their mate. He said he didn't care if they hated him as long as they went on the pitch and did what he asked.

21 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

Interesting that Heath himself thought he would get sacked if we didn't beat Chorley.

Fullarton always said he was the manager not their mate. He said he didn't care if they hated him as long as they went on the pitch and did what he asked.

That was the same mentality Aspin had, Storton was there to get on with the lads and his Captain did alot of the manager to player stuff.

I can't recall the run of games where we went from being bad and in serious talk of removing Heath and improving. For some reason Stalybridge away is in my mind and we also had that loss to 9 man Curzon where Adam Morgan scored against us where the "nadir" was hit, but then from the turn of the year we were like a run away train and pretty much unbeatable. Im assuming Chorley came shortly after Stalybridge as that game seems to have been the "Damn, are we really going to be a mid table Conference North team" sort of questioning at the time. 

12 hours ago, Flea said:

I am assuming Chorley came shortly after Stalybridge as that game seems to have been the "Damn, are we really going to be a mid table Conference North team" sort of questioning at the time. 

Stalybridge was Saturday the 7th January and then Chorley was the following Tuesday the 10th Flea. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Flea said:

I can't recall the run of games where we went from being bad and in serious talk of removing Heath and improving. For some reason Stalybridge away is in my mind and we also had that loss to 9 man Curzon where Adam Morgan scored against us where the "nadir" was hit, but then from the turn of the year we were like a run away train and pretty much unbeatable. Im assuming Chorley came shortly after Stalybridge as that game seems to have been the "Damn, are we really going to be a mid table Conference North team" sort of questioning at the time. 

It was the Stalybridge game Flea directors had a meeting the Sunday night and if we hadn't had so many managers over the previous 4 seasons BH would have gone.

the thing about the stalybridge game is we battered them for most the game and ended up losing..all the fans were on heaths back after the game and it was a big turning point after that..I thought billy did a decent job and got us up..I really enjoyed that season

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Stalybridge was Saturday the 7th January and then Chorley was the following Tuesday the 10th Flea. 

Makes sense. I know after the Stalybridge game there was pretty much a 100% ‘get him gone’ feeling through the fan base.

2 hours ago, Sparrow said:

the thing about the stalybridge game is we battered them for most the game and ended up losing..all the fans were on heaths back after the game and it was a big turning point after that..I thought billy did a decent job and got us up..I really enjoyed that season

Think Morgan missed a penalty

31 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, didnt he take the ball from Kosy and then Kosy spent the rest of the game sulking? Seem to remember that Asst. Manager Mark Carroll got spat at by a Town fan that day? The personal abuse aimed at Billy Heath that day was as bad as I have heard. 

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Yes, didnt he take the ball from Kosy and then Kosy spent the rest of the game sulking? Seem to remember that Asst. Manager Mark Carroll got spat at by a Town fan that day? The personal abuse aimed at Billy Heath that day was as bad as I have heard. 

37 minutes ago, eddie said:

yes he did 

4 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

it was shocking...it did seem to give a kick up the teams arse though

9 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

it was shocking...it did seem to give a kick up the teams arse though

Sometimes that’s just what the team needs. 

Stockport away a perfect example of that this season. You always get some happy clappers like Ash who are just happy they have a club to support 

5 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Stockport away a perfect example of that this season. You always get some happy clappers like Ash who are just happy they have a club to support 

yes agree with you on that.. stockport away was terrible fair play for the team to turn it around

38 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I'm with Ash , sometimes we have bad days at work  but getting abused or spat at doesn't help, but some fans aren't happy unless we win and play free flowing football. 

4 hours ago, Shaymen Stats said:

Similarly to this season we went to 5 at the back and it worked a treat. We then put 6 past Tamworth on the Saturday and were flying from there

16 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm with Ash , sometimes we have bad days at work  but getting abused or spat at doesn't help, but some fans aren't happy unless we win and play free flowing football. 

Ah yes I know you’re with Ash you don’t need to tell me. 

Sometimes the team do need a kick up the arse and at Stockport although it’s not nice to hear or see it clearly worked for them. Players won’t like to see paying fans travelling up and down the country having a go at them so they know they have to do better. 

It’s football and it’s very passionate for some so you’re going to get it. 

Edited by TJAshton
17 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Ah yes I know you’re with Ash you don’t need to tell me. 

Sometimes the team do need a kick up the arse and at Stockport although it’s not nice to hear or see it clearly worked for them. Players won’t like to see paying fans travelling up and down the country having a go at them so they know they have to do better. 

It’s football and it’s very passionate for some so you’re going to get it. 

Are you seriously suggesting we improved because the fans 'had a go' at the players that day? You dont think it was down to a change in formation and personel?

I doubt Wild and his players needed the fans to tell them they were crap at Stockport. Some fans will react when they feel let down and and thats up to them but to suggest thats why things improve is ridiculous.

Edited by greygoose
  • Like 2