Premier League restarting June 17th

26 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I can see the play offs happening mid July? 

I can see it being behind closed doors.

We could be in the position where we cant watch the playoffs and the last competative game we see is the defeat to Ebbsfleet, with the next one being Southend or Bolton! 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Flea said:

I can see it being behind closed doors.

We could be in the position where we cant watch the playoffs and the last competative game we see is the defeat to Ebbsfleet, with the next one being Southend or Bolton! 

Or Kings Lynn

From a personal pov the later next season starts the better for me as there would then be more midweek matches which I never have an issue getting to. Saturday ones I have to beg at work if it's my Saturday in 

4 hours ago, Jmc said:

Doesn’t sound like DB is a fan of regionalised football as doesn’t have the variety of teams , oh well 

Obviously, likes his expenses paid trips to the south Coast then...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So next time he moans about expenses a united tough sh!t.

Correct, if there is any moaning around travel costs for the away games, remember the away team get nothing from the gate money and can only claim expenses in certain circumstances, then any opportunity to reduce this considerable overhead, should be looked at as a viable alternative.

55 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

So next time he moans about expenses a united tough sh!t.

Have to agree. Find it strange that we count every penny and yet Mr B is seemingly happy with the overnight stays down south and smaller away followings, its a little bizarre

5 hours ago, Jmc said:

Doesn’t sound like DB is a fan of regionalised football as doesn’t have the variety of teams , oh well 

JMC, I am assuming that you are referring to the DB article in the Yorkshire Post?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-chairman-calls-fairer-distribution-wealth-2865495

I have read it now and can see that he is wanting football in general to focus on the redistribution of wealth first of all. I totally agree, why do we need parachute payments for clubs in the lower reaches of the EFL and in the NL? If this money was taken out and put back into the central funds then far more could be provided to both EFL and NL teams. I was interested to actually see some numbers being quoted which starts to put some context around what the income is for the club.

Having said that, if football cannot, or will not, agree to a fairer distribution, then he would consider regionalised divisions as a way to reduce costs and potentially increase revenue from higher attendances. Personally I would like to see both things happen. Put all of the money into a central pot for EFL2 and NL, including any parachute payments and Solidarity payments, and then share this out equally. When you then add in the reduced costs and expected increased income from regionalised divisions, then it would be an increase for the NL teams and a reduction for EFL 2 teams I would expect, however, overall it would probably see fewer teams going to the wall in the long run. Clubs just have to look beyond the here and now as we are moving into a whole new world of how business and sport will be played out and we should all start to take steps to mitigate the damage that will be caused. As Mr Parry has already said, "there is a train crash coming down the line".

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

JMC, I am assuming that you are referring to the DB article in the Yorkshire Post?

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/fc-halifax-town-chairman-calls-fairer-distribution-wealth-2865495

I have read it now and can see that he is wanting football in general to focus on the redistribution of wealth first of all. I totally agree, why do we need parachute payments for clubs in the lower reaches of the EFL and in the NL? If this money was taken out and put back into the central funds then far more could be provided to both EFL and NL teams. I was interested to actually see some numbers being quoted which starts to put some context around what the income is for the club.

Having said that, if football cannot, or will not, agree to a fairer distribution, then he would consider regionalised divisions as a way to reduce costs and potentially increase revenue from higher attendances. Personally I would like to see both things happen. Put all of the money into a central pot for EFL2 and NL, including any parachute payments and Solidarity payments, and then share this out equally. When you then add in the reduced costs and expected increased income from regionalised divisions, then it would be an increase for the NL teams and a reduction for EFL 2 teams I would expect, however, overall it would probably see fewer teams going to the wall in the long run. Clubs just have to look beyond the here and now as we are moving into a whole new world of how business and sport will be played out and we should all start to take steps to mitigate the damage that will be caused. As Mr Parry has already said, "there is a train crash coming down the line".

I've been saying that for years.

15 hours ago, Jmc said:

well tell him to stop fecking moaning about travel costs, overnight costs etc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1