Boreham Wood have also had to convince players released to come back and play. Players eligible for play off teams had to be registered with the club on the 15th March.

The play offs will go to the team that wants it the most, form will be pretty much out of the window

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Ash said:

Boreham Wood have also had to convince players released to come back and play. Players eligible for play off teams had to be registered with the club on the 15th March.

The play offs will go to the team that wants it the most, form will be pretty much out of the window

I only saw one player get released and that was Ricky Shakes. Couldn’t find anyone else. 

Their team is crazy good though and doesn’t suprise me they’ve only lost 1 in 19 or something stupid 

I think we need to remember guys that now is not the time to be putting any of our current players down. It seems that we've got what we've got and hopefully they are going to give it their best shot at getting us into the league. We might not have been pleased with some of the season up until it ground to a halt, but we lead the league for long spells and we finished 6th, I'll take that all day long. Contrary to popular belief I dont think Rodney will be missed all that much, he played in 8 games, scored 4, I'll accept that, not to shabby, but there were at least two games where he might as well not have bothered turning up. And one of those was the last game against Ebbsfleet. So just get behind the lads and lets see where it takes us.

• Like 3

After losing Rodney, i think it's safe to say there's very little expectation. I notice everyone seems to be writing us and Barnet off which probably works in our favour. If we get underestimated, we've got a better chance. We might not outclass teams, but we can certainly outfight them with spirit and hard work. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, AJS said:

After losing Rodney, i think it's safe to say there's very little expectation. I notice everyone seems to be writing us and Barnet off which probably works in our favour. If we get underestimated, we've got a better chance. We might not outclass teams, but we can certainly outfight them with spirit and hard work. 

#undertheradar #nowtspecial #nothingtoseehere #feckmeweonlygotpromoted 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Anybody actually know how many players we had training yesterday, we only saw 4.

There was more photos and videos put on. There was also Nolan, TSS and Staunton there. Duckworth I’m pretty sure wasn’t there as he commented on the team training on Twitter.

11 hours ago, AJS said:

I agree. 

Personally I don’t think we’ll go up, but it’s nice to have a ‘free hit’ at it anyway. 

As you say, all the pressure is on Yeovil, Notts County to bounce straight back, particularly financially. 

We’re good at winning our first 3 games in the normal season, let’s hope we can do it again now.

4-0 to Boreham Wood then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, Stasi Pants said:

I agree. 

Personally I don’t think we’ll go up, but it’s nice to have a ‘free hit’ at it anyway. 

As you say, all the pressure is on Yeovil, Notts County to bounce straight back, particularly financially. 

We’re good at winning our first 3 games in the normal season, let’s hope we can do it again now.

4-0 to Boreham Wood then.

Good job I´m not paying a tenner a goal against then.:P

18 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

There was more photos and videos put on. There was also Nolan, TSS and Staunton there. Duckworth I’m pretty sure wasn’t there as he commented on the team training on Twitter.

So we are upto 7. Any advance on 7

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

And the obligatory two goalkeepers :lol:

There is nothing in the laws of the game that prevents a goalkeeper playing as an outfield player. You would be surprised how many goalkeepers are secret goalscorers and vice versa for strikers making good stand in keepers. 

Edited by ITMAN
13 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

There is nothing in the laws of the game that prevents a goalkeeper playing as an outfield player. You would be surprised how many goalkeepers are secret goalscorers and vice versa for strikers making good stand in keepers. 

Peter Downsborough CF to Keeper.

25 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Wasn’t it Jonathon Hedge who came on in the outfield a couple of times for us and grabbed a few goals?

53 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Q & A now up

Bit disappointed in this version was really looking forward to it after last time. Don't feel like there was enough on preparation for next season (I know they cant give too much away) the same question got repeated about 4 times in a different wording. 

Just felt like a bit of a waste of an opportunity for us as fans to find out 'as much as possible' about the running of the club and plans that maybe have been put in place moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Bit disappointed in this version was really looking forward to it after last time. Don't feel like there was enough on preparation for next season (I know they cant give too much away) the same question got repeated about 4 times in a different wording. 

Just felt like a bit of a waste of an opportunity for us as fans to find out 'as much as possible' about the running of the club and plans that maybe have been put in place moving forward. 

Cmon mate I thought that were another good Q&A. They can’t give too much away and it’s almost impossible to give any indication as to next season as we don’t know which league we will be in.

In terms of him liking Inih Effiong I hope we arent after him. Seen him released by Dover and the last striker we got from there weren’t great. 

I thought that was another honest Q&A and you can tell they’re happy with the players and really want promotion. 

• Like 1