7 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

I think year on year we keep learning that you don't actually buy your way put of this league as a simple transaction. Just look at Barrow versus say Chesterfield, Fylde or Solihull. Not long since Macclesfield either.  My feeling is that Stockport are the next Wrexham, stuck, always choosing the wrong manager and thinking its easier than it is. 

I would go along with that if they have their new mega wealthy chairman.

He can throw ridiculous amounts of cash at his new project and he'll also have plenty coming in through the turnstiles too. 

But, as you say above, there's normally a surlise package like Barrow or Macclesfield that'll come along and upset the apple cart. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, francisfirth said:.  My feeling is that Stockport are the next Wrexham, stuck, always choosing the wrong manager and thinking its easier than it is. 

Jim Gannon has been there for ages 

40 minutes ago, francisfirth said:

My feeling is that Stockport are the next Wrexham, stuck, always choosing the wrong manager and thinking its easier than it is. 

7 hours ago, Cheadle End said:

Absolutely, I work with a Bury fan and he has lost all interest in football after last season, even their own fans are split re a new club, some are still holding out for their old club to have a saviour.

As long as they want to start again in the NW Counties, then a saviour should be possible to get hold of.

12 hours ago, TJAshton said:

and it's only their first season back at this level after getting promoted in 2019, and are in a playoff place.

22 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

15th May he was released according to the FA

As Greygoose said, Rodney should still be paid by Salford to the end of his contract at the end of June even though Salford have released him

• Like 1
1 minute ago, rdj said:

As Greygoose said, Rodney should still be paid by Salford to the end of his contract at the end of June even though Salford have released him

Yes he has been paid off but still means if we want his services we have to pay for them.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 11:10 PM, TJAshton said:

Or Tunde Owolabi from FC United. 34 goals in 41 games 

Has today received the evo stik prem player of the season. 

If I was Wild I’d certainly be looking at taking a punt on him. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Has today received the evo stik prem player of the season. 

If I was Wild I’d certainly be looking at taking a punt on him. 

Me too. Our last signing from FCUM turned out alright. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Sorry if this has already been talked about. Has anybody seen BorehamWoods strike force? How the hell can a club who aint bankrolled afford Tshimanga, Adi Yussuf, Tyrone Marsh and Matt Rhead? Thats some money for a club only pulling 500-600 on a home game 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Gavlar said:

Sorry if this has already been talked about. Has anybody seen BorehamWoods strike force? How the hell can a club who aint bankrolled afford Tshimanga, Adi Yussuf, Tyrone Marsh and Matt Rhead? Thats some money for a club only pulling 500-600 on a home game 

Don't they own their own ground and rent it out to Arsenal Ladies? I think they do and they'll get a decent wedge from that.

Also, they've got a wealth of players to choose from each season when players are released and can't be too choosy. 

I also think, as you say, that their plum of a manager is putting a fair bit in too.

Edited by Erik Everhard
2 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Don't they own theirbown ground and rent it out to Arsenal Ladies? I think they do and they'll get a decent wedge from that.

Also, they've got a wealth of players to choose from ewch season when players are released and can't be too choosy. 

I also think, as you say, that their plum of a manager is putting a fair bit in too.

But the chairman has Re-Morgaged the house to bankroll the playoffs, and pick of players i get. But Adi Yussuf is on loan from Blackpool. Hoping the loan players go back tbh. Didnt realise there team had so much quality 

1 minute ago, Gavlar said:

But the chairman has Re-Morgaged the house to bankroll the playoffs, and pick of players i get. But Adi Yussuf is on loan from Blackpool. Hoping the loan players go back tbh. Didnt realise there team had so much quality 

Yes they've always had decent players. I didn't know he'd done that. An absolutely stupid thing to do. 

It's gonna be a tough ask and our defence is going to have to be switched on and all have at least 7/10 games to win. 

We need to give one or two corner taking practice and also free kicks, but especially corners. 

But as I said before we're the underdogs so the pressure is off. Let's go out there and prove everyone wrong. Get PW to create a seige mentality amongst the camp. 

4 hours ago, AJS said:

I notice Redshaw has been pictured at training this morning. I had my doubts that he might not play in the playoffs so that's good news

Eh? Why would he not play 

5 hours ago, AJS said:

I notice Redshaw has been pictured at training this morning. I had my doubts that he might not play in the playoffs so that's good news

I hope Jack is committed, I think he must be. But other clubs will still be nervous due to his injury situation. This is a great chance for him to put himself in the shop window or move into the Football League with us when we win the playoffs. Either way I'm just glad he's still around.

I’m guessing at the start of the season and the turmoil and many would of never expected playoffs and we are there.

similarly now not having Rodney many would not expect us to win the playoffs but who knows, the beauty of one off games and football in general is it throws up many surprises.

If PW gets the team in the right mindset then you never know. I’m sure the players will be buzzing about getting this opportunity.

Cant wait, wonder when we find out the fixture dates?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Grayski said:

I’m guessing at the start of the season and the turmoil and many would of never expected playoffs and we are there.

similarly now not having Rodney many would not expect us to win the playoffs but who knows, the beauty of one off games and football in general is it throws up many surprises.

If PW gets the team in the right mindset then you never know. I’m sure the players will be buzzing about getting this opportunity.

Cant wait, wonder when we find out the fixture dates?

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1