11 hours ago, Cheadle End said:

True, some of these new deals coming up may need the nerves of a poker player.

Your obsession with Rodney and your lies about him are very odd.

Here you are back in February saying "watch this space" as he was re-signing for Stockport then

It wasn't true in February and I doubt it to be true now.

My understanding is he HATED his time at Stockport and would never go back there. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2
  • Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

On 5/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Papa Lazarou said:

the centre forward is lacking little fitness but is a potential premier league player,

Could be Adam Johnson if people would class wingers as forwards in a 433...

* only saw the forward bit, not centre.

Edited by mj85
3 hours ago, mj85 said:

Could be Adam Johnson if people would class wingers as forwards in a 433...

* only saw the forward bit, not centre.

I think he means someone else. Adam Johnson was a Premier League player. The person mentioned has the potential to be a Premier League player. 

Although he did say they would probably take the lressure off Tobi Sho Silva. Which means they'll receive plenty of stick from the terraces. 

I hope it's not Johnson. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
4 hours ago, Flea said:

Your obsession with Rodney and your lies about him are very odd.

Here you are back in February saying "watch this space" as he was re-signing for Stockport then

It wasn't true in February and I doubt it to be true now.

My understanding is he HATED his time at Stockport and would never go back there. 

Flea you sound as if your a school kid, chill out I asked a simple question, stop whining and being so defensive lol.

Talks were still going on with Rodney in February during our takeover; that and the COVID crisis ended that, Rodney is in talks with County again (fact) personally I would rather we looked for better. He never HATED it at County so your understanding is wrong. Just calm down and see what develops; try to engage in a debate instead of getting your knickers in a twist.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

Rodney`s wage is/will be far too high for FC Halifax Town.....

Rodney hasn't got a wage at the moment paid by a club. He is out of contract at Salford and I presume furloughed by FCHT if being a loan player allows that? A lot of players are going to have to accept less money. 

14 minutes ago, nw3casc1 said:

up the Town....nice to talk football CHEADLE END!!!!!!!!

Absolutely, I work with a Bury fan and he has lost all interest in football after last season, even their own fans are split re a new club, some are still holding out for their old club to have a saviour.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Rodney hasn't got a wage at the moment paid by a club. He is out of contract at Salford and I presume furloughed by FCHT if being a loan player allows that? A lot of players are going to have to accept less money. 

Saw somewhere or someone put on here that salford will pay his furlough 

• Like 1
Just now, TJAshton said:

Don't know enough about furlough system but logic tells me his main employer should register him as he could have been injured half way through and would have been returned to parent club and pretty sure he was with us on sub wages.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Going to guess Salford may not have furloughed their players due to the huge financial backing they have, if that's the case Rodney is now a free agent, but as Pete Wilde says he is still eligible to play in the play offs for us there must be something in place regarding the loan agreement 

4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Rodney was released 15/05 so how can a loan period continue? He is a free agent and we then cannot furlough him.

I have no idea, but there must be something in place for Pete Wilde to say he is able to play in the play offs 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

I have no idea, but there must be something in place for Pete Wilde to say he is able to play in the play offs 

Well we must be paying his wages then, which I doubt. Pete Wild actually said it was an assumption that players would be available in June. It's all a very strange situation to be in.

Just now, Steve Lanzarote said:

Well we must be paying his wages then, which I doubt. Pete Wild actually said it was an assumption that players would be available in June. It's all a very strange situation to be in.

In the programme he did on the YouTube channel when he was answering fans questions he said all players were fit and available for the playoffs apart from Ducky at the moment who is continuing his rehab. 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

In the programme he did on the YouTube channel when he was answering fans questions he said all players were fit and available for the playoffs apart from Ducky at the moment who is continuing his rehab. 

Yes he did then in a further later interview he said it was an assumption that the players would be available if it went into June PO's, personally cannot see them happening so it would be immaterial but it's a very strange position to be in with Rodney.

4 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

You can claim 80% of any employees pay from the government (furloughing) if the employee was on your payroll before February 28th I believe.

As Rodney was on their payroll before that time (even if Halifax were paying his wages per se) he would remain eligible for the furlough scheme. 

Even in the ‘real world’, if you started a new role after February 28th, your old company can apply for you to receive furlough pay through their payroll as you wouldn’t be eligible at your new company.

So Salford can receive 80% of Rodneys wage off the government (up to £2500 per month) and pay him even if he signed a deal with Halifax/ any other club. 

Edited by mj85
  • Thanks 1

Rodney will still be getting paid by Salford until his contact ends (end of june?)

Neville said Salford were not going to use the furlough scheme as he didnt feel it right considering the board members they have. 

Would think Rodney will be negotiating a deal somewhere to start in July, would not be surprised to see him land at Stockport. They are one of very few clubs that will be able to sign players despite the uncertainties. Infact they'll be able to pick off all the best players at this level and possibly league 2. A sure sure bet for promotion when next season finally gets going.

21 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Rodney will still be getting paid by Salford until his contact ends (end of june?)

Neville said Salford were not going to use the furlough scheme as he didnt feel it right considering the board members they have. 

Would think Rodney will be negotiating a deal somewhere to start in July, would not be surprised to see him land at Stockport. They are one of very few clubs that will be able to sign players despite the uncertainties. Infact they'll be able to pick off all the best players at this level and possibly league 2. A sure sure bet for promotion when next season finally gets going.

They might sign him as a squad player but I have a feeling they'll try and buy their way out next season. 

I doubt they'll spend as much as Salford but I think we'll see a few League 2 standard players and maybe higher next season. 

19 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

They might sign him as a squad player but I have a feeling they'll try and buy their way out next season. 

I doubt they'll spend as much as Salford but I think we'll see a few League 2 standard players and maybe higher next season. 

I think year on year we keep learning that you don't actually buy your way put of this league as a simple transaction. Just look at Barrow versus say Chesterfield, Fylde or Solihull. Not long since Macclesfield either.  My feeling is that Stockport are the next Wrexham, stuck, always choosing the wrong manager and thinking its easier than it is. 

Edited by francisfirth
  • Like 1