• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I saw it on Facebook last week. 

I wonder if they've rereleased the track to raise more funds due to COVID?

Ah, that's not somewhere I tend to look. I usually start with the club website and then work through the local press with occasional forays into Twitter land. 

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Do they start next season on minus points? 

There could be a few teams on minus points if the lower leagues ever start !

12 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Maidstone chairman saying could be Oct earliest

I honestly think if the EFL and NL can make a decision on what happens this season then our level of football could return to playing in front of crowds sooner than teams higher up the pyramid. I outlined my thoughts and reasons why I feel it could be done at our level in an earlier post. 

10 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

To do 2 metre social distancing would remove too much capacity

At the shay ? Could accommodate our average crowd if needs be 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Not everyone in our league has a 11,000 excess in capacity to use to social distance. Also that would look bloody stupid. Also how's it getting enforced. One thing I've noticed during this is how different people treat this with different amounts of worry. I fail to see how it can come back until it can come back properly. From our own point of view having 400 people in 4 different stands is just going to be bizarre 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Jmc said:

What about entering and leaving the ground, going to toilets, refreshments, going through turnstiles ect...? It's not realistic to keep a crowd 2m apart, even at our level.

Social distancing in sports stadia is not possible unless you only allow a few hundred in, its stupid to pretend otherwise.

Under current restrictions its not possible but in the coming months the guideline will of course change. 

8 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Why are supermarkets different , 2 metre spacing outside orderly queuing entering and leaving, mass scrummage inside 

I find it all pointless the queuing up outside places now. I understand why it’s in place but what a joke it is. As soon as you’re inside you’re standing right next to somebody so it’s pointless. 

• Like 1

Open all 4 sides of the ground, don't let more than 500 in on each side. Chances are a fair few will stay away than normal due to thinking its not safe. 

In the Skircoat and East have people sitting with 3/4 seats between the next person. 

No food/drink kiosks open (we won't lose out on money there tbf).

Its not ideal, but it is doable. We are not in ideal situations at the moment, so maybe we need to adapt?

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Maybe ban away fans as well for sake of segregation 

That would only reduce the attendance by approx. 200 on average, so not too big a loss. 

With no away (or limited) fans we could logically also say the need for tons of stewards can be relaxed. We would still need some, but not to the degree we currently employ. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ITMAN said:

That would only reduce the attendance by approx. 200 on average, so not too big a loss. 

I suspect the average away following is higher than 200 but even based on that it's probably 70-80k income over the season so quite a big loss for us really.

5 minutes ago, greygoose said:

I suspect the average away following is higher than 200 but even based on that it's probably 70-80k income over the season so quite a big loss for us really.

Suspect last season not much higher 

4 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Actually I’d forgotten about stockports following so that’ll inflate it a fair bit 

Stockport. Notts county. Chesterfield. All brought a considerable following. There were some others that seemed higher than I thought they would be too

15 minutes ago, greygoose said:

The actual figure is 212 as an average. So yes, it would be approx. £80k over a whole season. My comment was based on a smaller number of games rather than a full season. If it was the case for a full season then yes, it would be a significant loss of income,

Total   42,826 4,246 38,580
Average   2,141 212 1,929

2019-20   Att Away Home
Aldershot        
Barnet   1941 110 1831
Barrow BH      
Boreham Wood   2244 29 2215
Bromley   2026 77 1949
Chesterfield   2420 364 2056
Chorley Tuesday 2117 116 2001
Dagenham   1895 74 1821
Dover Tuesday 1726 29 1697
Eastleigh   1817 26 1791
Ebbsfleet   2154 52 2102
Fylde   1913 109 1804
Harrogate Tuesday 1918 86 1832
Hartlepool Tuesday 2632 574 2058
Maidenhead   1981 36 1945
Notts County   2491 546 1945
Solihull   2053 71 1982
Stockport BH 3460 1485 1975
Sutton Tuesday 1637 29 1608
Torquay   2065 213 1852
Woking   1995 67 1928
Wrexham        
Yeovil   2341 153 2188
Edited by ITMAN

I’ve been watching Darlingtons fan fundraiser for transfer funds from the early stage and they set a target for 100k which is  a lot of money for transfers if you think about it & I didn’t think they would achieve that at all. 

Theyve now passed £105,000 for their transfer fund.

I wonder how much we would be able to gain. About £5000 probably. 

6 hours ago, greygoose said:

What about entering and leaving the ground, going to toilets, refreshments, going through turnstiles ect...? It's not realistic to keep a crowd 2m apart, even at our level.

Social distancing in sports stadia is not possible unless you only allow a few hundred in, its stupid to pretend otherwise.

Under current restrictions its not possible but in the coming months the guideline will of course change. 

It's the coming out at the end of the game that's the big problem. 

23 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

I’ve been watching Darlingtons fan fundraiser for transfer funds from the early stage and they set a target for 100k which is  a lot of money for transfers if you think about it & I didn’t think they would achieve that at all. 

Theyve now passed £105,000 for their transfer fund.

I wonder how much we would be able to gain. About £5000 probably. 

100K is a great total but if they have any sense they will use that money on making sure their future is secure rather than on players.