Kind of moving slightly off kilter on the McAlinden thread, Itman asked a question as to who, if we could only have a 18 man squad, who would we be prepared to let go. I dont know who's still contracted at present, so lets pretend non of the players are contracted, Rodney is a loan player so he doesn't count, who would you choose to let go from the squad who finished with us on 14th March.

Number Name Yellows Reds     Yellows Reds
GK           1 Sam Johnson 1     14 Josh Staunton 6  
2                 Michael Duckworth 1           15  Liam McAlinden (Gone)    
3                 Jerome Binnom Williams 4 1 16   Jacob Hanson    
4                 Nathan Clarke 4 1 17    Josh McDonald    
         Matty Brown 4   18   Sanmi Odelusi (Gone) 1  
6                 Liam Nolan 2   19   Harry Freedman (Gone)    
7                 Jamie Allen  1   20    Jeff King 13  
8                 Jack Earing 2   21    Danny Williams 5  
9                 Dayle Southwell (Gone) 2   22    Charlie Cooper 6  
10              Cameron King     31    Nial Maher 3  
  Tobi Sho-Silva 4   23    Jack Redshaw    
GK         12 Will Appleyard     Loan     40 Shawn McCoulsky (Gone)    
        Loan     35    Devante Rodney 1  
    25 2     35 0

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great move for Josh, closer to home and a team who’ll be up there. Think we’ll miss him, real hard worker and one i’d have liked to keep. Seemed like a very likeable bloke as well. Best of luck to him

Good luck to him. Gave it his all. Wish him well 

Tobi Sho-Silva to be our promotion hero!

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

Kind of moving slightly off kilter on the McAlinden thread, Itman asked a question as to who, if we could only have a 18 man squad, who would we be prepared to let go. I dont know who's still contracted at present, so lets pretend non of the players are contracted, Rodney is a loan player so he doesn't count, who would you choose to let go from the squad who finished with us on 14th March.

Number Name Yellows Reds     Yellows Reds
GK           1 Sam Johnson 1     14 Josh Staunton 6  
2                 Michael Duckworth 1           15  Liam McAlinden (Gone)    
3                 Jerome Binnom Williams 4 1 16   Jacob Hanson    
4                 Nathan Clarke 4 1 17    Josh McDonald    
         Matty Brown 4   18   Sanmi Odelusi (Gone) 1  
6                 Liam Nolan 2   19   Harry Freedman (Gone)    
7                 Jamie Allen  1   20    Jeff King 13  
8                 Jack Earing 2   21    Danny Williams 5  
9                 Dayle Southwell (Gone) 2   22    Charlie Cooper 6  
10              Cameron King     31    Nial Maher 3  
  Tobi Sho-Silva 4   23    Jack Redshaw    
GK         12 Will Appleyard     Loan     40 Shawn McCoulsky (Gone)    
        Loan     35    Devante Rodney 1  
    25 2     35 0

What about Jack Redshaw? 

3 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I dont know if he's with us or not to be honest, If he's not then that our 18.

To make it interesting then, lets include both Rodders & Jack back into the equation.

14 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I dont know if he's with us or not to be honest, If he's not then that our 18.

I would definitely keep the following players or ask players to come back - 

Johnson

Duckworth

Brown

Clarke

Staunton

Maher

C King

Allen

Redshaw

I'd try and sign Rodney and I'd ask some of this seasons squad to train with us to see how fit they are but that's about it. I know Earing and Hanson are still with us so there wouldn't be many positions to fill but we need the folllwing - 

A quick centre half

A new left back

A utility defender that can play anywhere along the bsck but especially left back and centre half. 

A box to box midfielder who can put his foot on the ball and find a man. 

A creative midfielder. Someone who can ping a ball 40 yards to feet and who can run with it and who can shoot from outside the area and find the back of the net. 

A left winger or left sided forward that can also play up top when needed. 

A young striker from a league club on loan for the season. Thats if we can sign Redshaw and Rodney. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Johnson

Duckworth

Brown

Clarke

Staunton

Maher

C King

Allen

Redshaw

I'd try and sign Rodney and I'd ask some of this seasons squad to train with us to see how fit they are but that's about it. I know Earing and Hanson are still with us so there wouldn't be many positions to fill but we need the folllwing - 

A quick centre half

A new left back

A utility defender that can play anywhere along the bsck but especially left back and centre half. 

A creative midfielder. Someone who can ping a ball 40 yards to feet and who can run with it and who can shoot from outside the area and find the back of the net. 

A young striker from a league club on loan for the season. Thats if we can sign Redshaw and Rodney. 

I agree 

• Like 1

Not to much to disagree with there Erik. I still will be sad to see Josh McD go, but how long can we keep waiting for him to really shine, and I'm disappointed that after all his early promise, Jacob Hanson hasn't kicked on, he looked quality when he first came here on loan.

We have a fullback and a centre forward lined up, the centre forward is lacking little fitness but is a potential premier league player, the fullback is quite happy he can deal with a threat as long as they don't have a great deal of pace. 

1 minute ago, Papa Lazarou said:

We have a fullback and a centre forward lined up, the centre forward is lacking little fitness but is a potential premier league player, the fullback is quite happy he can deal with a threat as long as they don't have a great deal of pace. 

Sounds interesting.

41 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Johnson

Duckworth

Brown

Clarke

Staunton

Maher

C King

Allen

Redshaw

A quick centre half

A new left back

Would not keep Nathan as soley a Player and although Ducky on his day is one of the best FB in this division big ????? on injuries.

33 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

And how do you know this pray tell source.

54 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

So basically we are getting Joe Skarz again at left back or we might as well keep Binnom if that’s the case. 

Edited by TJAshton
45 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Very intersting, they both may take the heat off Tobi from the terraces though 

Tobi has not warranted a place in the team next season so he shouldn’t be here. 

58 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Very intersting, they both may take the heat off Tobi from the terraces though 

Kinda hoping Tobi will have vacated the premises by then. Personal opinion aside I doubt there will be many on here that want him to stay on next season. 

1 hour ago, TommyH72 said:

Not to much to disagree with there Erik. I still will be sad to see Josh McD go, but how long can we keep waiting for him to really shine, and I'm disappointed that after all his early promise, Jacob Hanson hasn't kicked on, he looked quality when he first came here on loan.

He's got to be in the team to improve!

Ok with Duckworth keeping him out, not quite as convinced about King 

19 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Both of the players have told me and also informed me of their attributes and what they can bring to the table

So we are signing two players and you know them personally? 

• Haha 1
39 minutes ago, Norm said:

He's got to be in the team to improve!

Ok with Duckworth keeping him out, not quite as convinced about King 

Yes, Ducky no problem, was on great form until his injury. I'd love to see Jacob start to improve though, I think we got a quality player, but he has to force himself into the team, so it's really up to him to show PW he's to good not to be out on the pitch.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TJAshton said:

So basically we are getting Joe Skarz again at left back or we might as well keep Binnom if that’s the case. 

Joe Skarz playing for Golcar , that’s a club with ambition who’ll start climbing the pyramid I reckon 

9 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Joe Skarz playing for Golcar , that’s a club with ambition who’ll start climbing the pyramid I reckon 

Doubt we will get a lad who can read the game as well as Joe, shame his legs had gone.