Jump to content
Nick

Are you buying a season ticket?

Well?   

88 members have voted

  1. 1. Well?

    • Already bought
      12
    • Buying when I get chance
      24
    • Waiting to see developments
      33
    • No plans to buy this season, but usually do
      8
    • No plans to buy, rarely do anyway
      6
    • No plans to buy, never have
      5


Recommended Posts

I know it's not necessarily reflective of the entire supporter base, but if the club does only lose circa 8% of season ticket sales, they're still well in front given the increased price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what's better for the club?

Buy your ticket now (club getting a cash injection now, and us saving money in the longer term).

Or.... 

Volunteer to pay full whack on the gate (thus providing the club a steady source of higher income over the season). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season ticket so the money have cash to buy players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is another option for fans who do not want to commit to a full ST due to work etc. Would this be an attractive alternative if priced right.

(The prices shown are only for example and are taken from the Ebbsfleet website for 2019/20 season). 

image.png.b0aaa18c0648e0ecb3c838043363cad0.png

Edited by ITMAN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ash said:

Season ticket so the money have cash to buy players.

We don't 'buy' players though do we? 

I suspect that initial cash injection is better from a budgeting pov but in terms of turnover cash on gate wins hands down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, greygoose said:

We don't 'buy' players though do we? 

I suspect that initial cash injection is better from a budgeting pov but in terms of turnover cash on gate wins hands down. 

A bird in the hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

I wonder what's better for the club?

Buy your ticket now (club getting a cash injection now, and us saving money in the longer term).

Or.... 

Volunteer to pay full whack on the gate (thus providing the club a steady source of higher income over the season). 

 

I think your answer lays in this paragraph taken from the club website when they announced the tickets.

To assist you in purchasing a season ticket we’ll now offer you five months to pay, meaning you can spread the cost until the end of September with £60 per month instalments. Please, please buy outright if you can, but for those where a season ticket is a stretch, we are determined to try and help.

So I think they want your money up front NOW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, greygoose said:

We don't 'buy' players though do we? 

I suspect that initial cash injection is better from a budgeting pov but in terms of turnover cash on gate wins hands down. 

Didnt we buy Cameron King?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If airlines can restart flying in say July, with 200 plus passengers on a plane, not socially distanced, why can we not have football matches with crowds? I would expect that on any given day there are as many people milling about in Stanstead/Manchester/Heathrow as there will be at the vast majority of football stadiums. At least in a football ground we will not all be breathing recycled air?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ITMAN said:

If airlines can restart flying in say July, with 200 plus passengers on a plane, not socially distanced, why can we not have football matches with crowds? I would expect that on any given day there are as many people milling about in Stanstead/Manchester/Heathrow as there will be at the vast majority of football stadiums. At least in a football ground we will not all be breathing recycled air?

It's not going to happen. The half time queue for the toilets would circle the stadium. Even with our meagre attendances there is still no room for any social distancing. Unless you are saying don't socially distance at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

It's not going to happen. The half time queue for the toilets would circle the stadium. Even with our meagre attendances there is still no room for any social distancing. Unless you are saying don't socially distance at all. 

That appears to be the message from Mr. O'Leary. Can you imagine the socially distanced queue for passport control, or worse still the toilet on the plane.

Seriously though, the quickest way we will get back to near normal, prior to having a vaccine, will be if we have positive evidence that having had the virus gives you immunity, if even only for say 6 months. In that case anyone who has been tested for anti-bodies and gets a positive test can be given a card/wristband etc which allows them to participate in spectator events. The risk would be very minimal and it would encourage everyone to be tested, after all we can now do over 100,000 a day, so everyone in the country can be tested in 65 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

That appears to be the message from Mr. O'Leary. Can you imagine the socially distanced queue for passport control, or worse still the toilet on the plane.

Seriously though, the quickest way we will get back to near normal, prior to having a vaccine, will be if we have positive evidence that having had the virus gives you immunity, if even only for say 6 months. In that case anyone who has been tested for anti-bodies and gets a positive test can be given a card/wristband etc which allows them to participate in spectator events. The risk would be very minimal and it would encourage everyone to be tested, after all we can now do over 100,000 a day, so everyone in the country can be tested in 65 days.

Think you have a slight shortage there ITMAN 65 x 100,000=6,500,000 what are the other 60,000,000 going to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree you can't physically distance people on flights. Hence the two week quarantine on arrival. They will treat passengers in the same way as if someone in your household has had symptoms. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Think you have a slight shortage there ITMAN 65 x 100,000=6,500,000 what are the other 60,000,000 going to do?

Ha we're doomed with this Diane Abbottesque arithmetic.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why football should have pooled resources over the last two months. Put all staff on furlough, even at the richest clubs and invested in a shared, football owned testing facility. They then could have afforded to finish off the whole season behind closed doors under strict hygeine control measures over summer.

This would have bought time to think about the future. But instead we are now committing to a next season with no idea if there will be any clubs left or whether gate receipts will ever exist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

East stand and Skircoat stand could be opened with only 1 seat in 4 available to sit on, tape the other 3 off. Plenty of hand sanitizing dispensers available, food and drink outlets closed and social distancing implemented in and around the stadium. That's the way I think it will be when crowds are allowed in. Imo we will be watching live football before Premier League fans are. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

This is why football should have pooled resources over the last two months. Put all staff on furlough, even at the richest clubs and invested in a shared, football owned testing facility. They then could have afforded to finish off the whole season behind closed doors under strict hygeine control measures over summer.

This would have bought time to think about the future. But instead we are now committing to a next season with no idea if there will be any clubs left or whether gate receipts will ever exist. 

How can you furlough all staff and still finish the season?

To be honest, I would be - and am - furious at clubs who have furloughed staff on normal wages while continuing to pay fortunes in wages to players and chief executives. This applies at Conference level too imo, where players still earn decent sums compared to office staff and so on. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoddie said:

How can you furlough all staff and still finish the season?

To be honest, I would be - and am - furious at clubs who have furloughed staff on normal wages while continuing to pay fortunes in wages to players and chief executives. This applies at Conference level too imo, where players still earn decent sums compared to office staff and so on. 

I meant furlough the staff when they are not working, like almost everyone else has done. There is no training, and no playing so surely we've already done this? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shaymen_x said:

I meant furlough the staff when they are not working, like almost everyone else has done. There is no training, and no playing so surely we've already done this? 

I believe so, yes. Except for one in the office, the players, Wild and others.

It's difficult to find the balance and what Town have done is morally better than the likes of Norwich, and some massive, massive companies outside of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I'm worried about the longer term. Football should have worked together to protect its assetts by keeping money in the game. If any clubs fold, no matter how big or small they are, it will be weaken the whole industry/business/expensive hobby (take your pick). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...