79 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Already bought
    • Buying when I get chance
    • Waiting to see developments
    • No plans to buy this season, but usually do
    • No plans to buy, rarely do anyway
    • No plans to buy, never have

I've voted for buying when I get chance, however I won't be buying one, I have agreed with my usual group and the club to renew the box we have had however, which I view to be the same thing. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 2

Can't work out how to allow people to change votes. I'm sure it's possible but maybe not on a mobile which is what I have right now. We'll just run it again in a few weeks.

4 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

No will make donation to Supporters Club. Too far to travel to watch games.  

No VAT on donations !!!;)

And if we could get organised so that we could reclaim gift aid there would be another 20% to go in the coffers.

What developments are those who ticked that box waiting to see before they will say yes to a ticket 

3 minutes ago, Nick said:

What developments are those who ticked that box waiting to see before they will say yes to a ticket 

I'm guessing some will be waiting to see if they have a job to go back to. Or how secure a job seems that they continue in. Or what family finances look like more generally. 

Others, myself included, will be waiting to see when games with spectators will return, what league we'll be in, when fixtures are scheduled (dates, days of the week, kick off times), etc. 

Loads of uncertainty around unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Nick said:

I think a lot of people who are waiting to see what happens will still buy a ticket. Me being one of them. 

There should be another category in the vote like 'definitely getting one when we know what's happening'. 

I have two reasons for this. One is that I've taken a voluntary pay cut to help my employer out. Two is that despite almost 9 weeks of lock down, the football powers that be do not have any idea on how to finish this season, let alone start next season. They should be putting the wider interests of the game first, helping each other, but many clubs are just being self centered. 

Edited by shaymen_x

2 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

I think a lot of people who are waiting to see what happens will still buy a ticket. Me being one of them. 

There should be another category in the vote like 'definitely getting one when we know what's happening'. 

I have two reasons for this. One is that I've taken a voluntary pay cut to help my employer out. Two is that despite almost 9 weeks of lock down, the football powers that be do not have any idea on how to finish this season, let alone start next season. They should be putting the wider interests of the game first, helping each other, but many clubs are just being self centered. 

business as usual then....

5 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Don't really understand your reply. What do you mean? 

It was a reference to the actions of some of the EFL clubs:

They should be putting the wider interests of the game first, helping each other, but many clubs are just being self centered. 

Edited by ITMAN

They've had a great opportunity to get together and come up with a plan to save football. Its nothing without the teams. I'm not being cynical but our season ticket sales won't even put a dent into the financial resources needed to recover. I'd like to know what the full financial situation is at the club currently, its worrying. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shaymen_x said:

They've had a great opportunity to get together and come up with a plan to save football. Its nothing without the teams. I'm not being cynical but our season ticket sales won't even put a dent into the financial resources needed to recover. I'd like to know what the full financial situation is at the club currently, its worrying. 

I agree, Rick Parry can see the train crash that is coming down the line and no one is listening to him.

I and others have put our money on the table to try to help the club move forward, who knows if this is a mistake or not, but we do it out of loyalty. I personally would like some transparency from the club regarding the true financial picture. If Mr B is propping up the club, then we should know this, and we can appreciate that for what it is. If the club is financially stable then the fans would be more prepared to hand over the cash, as the only risk is when will football start again. As things look we are seeing improvements all the time regarding testing and vaccines, or treatment, with the number of cases coming down on a daily/weekly basis. Who knows we may be able to return to something approaching "normal" life within a couple of months.

If the club is on it's uppers and the future looks bleak, let us know so we can try to help where possible, or at least be more understanding and less frustrated. Unlike the PL and EFL clubs like Halifax die without fans coming through the door. We are an integral part of the whole business plan, so that makes me a stakeholder. I just want to know that we have a plan, what the risks are and how we can all, collectively, get through the current situation and back to cheering on our team in a safe environment. 

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 3

On the subject of season tickets here is what is on offer from Aldershot. It is interesting in that it provides some reassurance that you will get your monies worth plus a sweetener.

Our proposal is to sell a 20/21 Season Ticket and guarantee it is valid for the next 23 home League games starting with the first game of next season. So were the 20/21 campaign to be less than 23 League games it will still be valid into the 21/22 season.

Oh, and we will add more to the deal. The purchase of a Season Ticket will entitle equivalent entry (seat or terrace) to the first home FA Cup and FA Trophy game. That could be two games, draw and success permitting. A pessimist will see no games here, an optimist will hope our first home FA Cup encounter is Man U in the third round.

We are also offering a 10% cumulative referral scheme. For every Season Ticket introduction for a supporter who has not held a Season Ticket from the 2017/18 campaign (or before), the supporter who refers will receive 10% off the Season Ticket.  Introducing two new fans will result in a 20% reduction. Find 10 new people and by the end date of 30th June your season ticket could be free! This deduction would apply over all ticket categories (excluding Juniors) including hospitality and the director’s box.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, Nick said:

Whether the leagues are regionalised. I have bought a season ticket over the last few years, though only attend between half a dozen and ten home matches per season. Whilst I completely understand the feelings of those who, for reasons that correspond to their own travel plans and costs as well as those of the club, see regionalisation as a positive step at the moment, I am not sure such a move will give me sufficient motivation to, in effect, donate a larger chunk of money than last year; I will probably pick and choose my games instead. Then again, as the end of the month looms ever closer, and if the prospect of actually seeing some competitive football does become clearer, I might just bite the bullet and pay in instalments. Keeping a watching brief.

23 minutes ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Whether the leagues are regionalised. I have bought a season ticket over the last few years, though only attend between half a dozen and ten home matches per season. Whilst I completely understand the feelings of those who, for reasons that correspond to their own travel plans and costs as well as those of the club, see regionalisation as a positive step at the moment, I am not sure such a move will give me sufficient motivation to, in effect, donate a larger chunk of money than last year; I will probably pick and choose my games instead. Then again, as the end of the month looms ever closer, and if the prospect of actually seeing some competitive football does become clearer, I might just bite the bullet and pay in instalments. Keeping a watching brief.

Bradford have an interesting variation, which I have previously mentioned;

FlexiCards are available for only £50 - allowing supporters to secure a seat for the season, before paying only £10 (adults), £5 (under-16s) or absolutely nothing for an under-11 - at the turnstiles on matchdays.

The product is entirely transferable, meaning anyone can make use of your FlexiCard.

Maybe, this would be better suited to fans like you who do not watch every game but want to gain some form of discount for loyalty. Would you pay, say £50 for a card and get in on a matchday for say £15? This would mean you would break even after 10 games. The club still receive some income up front, and you could split the cost of the card with a friend who could use it as well. Would that be enough to entice fans such as yourself?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Bradford have an interesting variation, which I have previously mentioned;

FlexiCards are available for only £50 - allowing supporters to secure a seat for the season, before paying only £10 (adults), £5 (under-16s) or absolutely nothing for an under-11 - at the turnstiles on matchdays.

The product is entirely transferable, meaning anyone can make use of your FlexiCard.

Maybe, this would be better suited to fans like you who do not watch every game but want to gain some form of discount for loyalty. Would you pay, say £50 for a card and get in on a matchday for say £15? This would mean you would break even after 10 games. The club still receive some income up front, and you could split the cost of the card with a friend who could use it as well. Would that be enough to entice fans such as yourself?

I'm not sure why a football club would offer something like that unless they're particularly desperate for cash before the season starts - which I suppose is the case right now. But I struggle to see how the club benefits at all from that. Remove the transferability and maybe there's a value there, but they're just giving cash away there.

50 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I'm not sure why a football club would offer something like that unless they're particularly desperate for cash before the season starts - which I suppose is the case right now. But I struggle to see how the club benefits at all from that. Remove the transferability and maybe there's a value there, but they're just giving cash away there.

Hoddie, it is strange, especially when you take into account the fact that an Adult Season Ticket cost the massive amount of £150!

But that aside is there any mileage in offering a hybrid form of loyalty card that can give fans who only attend 12 or less home games a season some incentive to put some money into the pot up front?

You could have some sort of membership scheme where holders get a couple of quid off entry, sort of like halfway between a season ticket and paying on the gate, but that would cost cash to run, be a pain to administer on matchday and may not incentivise holders to visit more games than they would without it. But it would give the club a useful mailing list perhaps.

I've often thought a Saturday Season Ticket would work though. And a Gold Season Ticket with entry to all home cup games.

37 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

You could have some sort of membership scheme where holders get a couple of quid off entry, sort of like halfway between a season ticket and paying on the gate, but that would cost cash to run, be a pain to administer on matchday and may not incentivise holders to visit more games than they would without it. But it would give the club a useful mailing list perhaps.

I've often thought a Saturday Season Ticket would work though. And a Gold Season Ticket with entry to all home cup games.

In theory sounds good, however we would probably lose out as those that have this membership will probably sell their pass on on a game by game basis when they can't get to games. 

The amount of times I saw people offer up Season Ticket stubs for £10 last season on Facebook was quite eye opening. 

38 minutes ago, Flea said:

In theory sounds good, however we would probably lose out as those that have this membership will probably sell their pass on on a game by game basis when they can't get to games. 

The amount of times I saw people offer up Season Ticket stubs for £10 last season on Facebook was quite eye opening. 

Do any of the Aldershot promos offer any way we could increase uptake? I quite like the one where you get 10% off your ST for each new season ticket holder you refer. After all it is new blood we need in order to increase numbers.

Edited by ITMAN

1 hour ago, Flea said:

Cards with photos are reasonably cheap to produce these days.