Stasi Pants

East Stand Reopened.

6 hours ago, Stasi Pants said:

E8615F93-45DB-41F5-A698-452559755050.jpeg

So this was an accident? Obviously no-one noticed until it was too late. The dolls must be very lifelike, and I'm pleased to see they know how to social-distance themselves, which isn't their natural position.

41 minutes ago, kit said:

So this was an accident? Obviously no-one noticed until it was too late. The dolls must be very lifelike, and I'm pleased to see they know how to social-distance themselves, which isn't their natural position.

Sounds like a subject you know well :lol:

On 5/18/2020 at 12:53 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

Sounds like a subject you know well :lol:

Actually, I think it's been blown up out of all proportion. I see the club has been fined £66K for allowing "advertising of a sexual nature" at their ground. They will be deflated as a result.

46 minutes ago, kit said:

Actually, I think it's been blown up out of all proportion. I see the club has been fined £66K for allowing "advertising of a sexual nature" at their ground. They will be deflated as a result.

£66K  - that's inflation for you...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

£66K  - that's inflation for you...

They’ve let themselves down but more importantly they’ve let their fans down!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Blow up dolls are a thing of the past :lol: Kit is well aware that they are now as lifelike as any girl you can find in the Acca

Actually, I must be one of the only people in Halifax that has never been to the Acca.

10 hours ago, kit said:

Actually, I must be one of the only people in Halifax that has never been to the Acca.

I've only been once and that was more than enough. 

Used to play with a lad who regularly turned up in a taxi in his kit after staying out after a night in the Acca.

In terms of playing games behind closed doors, why can’t we focus on how we can play not behind closed doors.

social distancing can be applied at turnstiles and kiosks easily just as at supermarkets. For spectating the game, if you are not from the same household then you can’t sit together and the easiest way is for a period, make the Shay all seater by closing the stands behind the goals and only opening the east and skircoats and sealing off a number of seats. It means we still make match day income. It also may mean season ticket holders have allocated seats too.

This is all hypothetical and if social distancing is relaxed, this can be relaxed also.

Edited by Ash

59 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Used to play with a lad who regularly turned up in a taxi in his kit after staying out after a night in the Acca.

Unfortunate turn of phrase, I think!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Ash said:

In terms of playing games behind closed doors, why can’t we focus on how we can play not behind closed doors.

social distancing can be applied at turnstiles and kiosks easily just as at supermarkets. For spectating the game, if you are not from the same household then you can’t sit together and the easiest way is for a period, make the Shay all seater by closing the stands behind the goals and only opening the east and skircoats and sealing off a number of seats. It means we still make match day income. It also may mean season ticket holders have allocated seats too.

This is all hypothetical and if social distancing is relaxed, this can be relaxed also.

That would only allow you less than a quarter of The East Stand and you'd be in the same space for 2 hours . Personally I'm not too fixated with the 'benefits' of social distancing, either someone is CV19 positive (a risk without exact calculations) or CV19 negative (no risk whatsoever) . The only unknown quantity should be those that are CV19 positive but don't know that they are and those that know they have had it and are too stupid to not know that they can pass it on

On 5/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, Wilder Bollox said:

That would only allow you less than a quarter of The East Stand and you'd be in the same space for 2 hours . Personally I'm not too fixated with the 'benefits' of social distancing, either someone is CV19 positive (a risk without exact calculations) or CV19 negative (no risk whatsoever) . The only unknown quantity should be those that are CV19 positive but don't know that they are and those that know they have had it and are too stupid to not know that they can pass it on

So would you be happy to allow fans who have a test to show they have had CV-19, to turn up for games?

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

So would you be happy to allow fans who have a test to show they have had CV-19, to turn up for games?

I wouldn't have a choice on that matter as I don't in a supermarket or on my own property . That is a decision that only the person that has had CV19 can make . I'm not scared of CV19 but as I've to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day it would be beneficial if I were to not get it, but you can take every precaution possible and still get it so I can only rely on others to act sensibily .

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I wouldn't have a choice on that matter as I don't in a supermarket or on my own property . That is a decision that only the person that has had CV19 can make . I'm not scared of CV19 but as I've to work 7 days a week, 12 hours a day it would be beneficial if I were to not get it, but you can take every precaution possible and still get it so I can only rely on others to act sensibily .

The only reason I ask is that I am currently working on a project to do with how the anti-body tests are to be run, where the test is undertaken and the results captured along with an image of the test result, as well as information regarding the batch number used etc.

One of the intentions of this i to provide the patients who test positive, as having already had CV-19, could be issued with a "certificate" of proof, on the basis that they would have some form of immunity from the virus and that they would not be carriers of it.

If that was the case then it may be possible to limit admission to the ground to only people who have had this test and it was positive, in which case would there still be a need to self distance etc.

I am all for anything we can do to get games back underway with a crowd and not behind closed doors.  

You could open up the North Stand to to unclean but without testing everybody you wouldn't be able to work that . The only realistic solution is to acknowledge that by attending a spectator sport, you do so at your own risk (it will eventually have to happen) as we did v Ebbsfleet and as we do every time we step outside the front door

East Stand to those who have had it, South Stand to those who haven't had it and have a note from their mum,  Skircoat Shed for current carriers with a strict 1 in 1 out through the Skircoat Bogs to ensure decontamination by a stronger substance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

East Stand to those who have had it, South Stand to those who haven't had it and have a note from their mum,  Skircoat Shed for current carriers with a strict 1 in 1 out through the Skircoat Bogs to ensure decontamination by a stronger substance

That might just work......

• Like 1