steve lumb

The Boss answering your questions

On 5/17/2020 at 2:49 PM, steve lumb said:

Who was wild talking too

Edited by Janis
Found out

18 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Priced out at £2 per week extra over the year? 

£100 or have I missed that you can pay £2 a week over 52 weeks? 

Anyone other than regulars wont be tempted to part with and extra £100 on last season 

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

£100 or have I missed that you can pay £2 a week over 52 weeks? 

Anyone other than regulars wont be tempted to part with and extra £100 on last season 

Over a season 100 quid is 1 pint less a week.

Ultimately we as a club can not afford to let the majority of the crowd in at a 60% reduction, unless of course theres a huge appetite, sadly the people of the Town didn't support it enough.

3 minutes ago, greygoose said:

Over a season 100 quid is 1 pint less a week.

Ultimately we as a club can not afford to let the majority of the crowd in at a 60% reduction, unless of course theres a huge appetite, sadly the people of the Town didn't support it enough.

If your working and nothing has changed regarding your employment and you are a Shay regular I accept it's a decent deal, that's not my argument. If you have doubts over your job or income why would an extra £100 be acceptable or if you bought your first season ticket last season on the back of a promotion price and wasnt previously a regular, would you pay an extra £100 or will you go back to someone with just a passing interest in the club? 

22 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

If your working and nothing has changed regarding your employment and you are a Shay regular I accept it's a decent deal, that's not my argument. If you have doubts over your job or income why would an extra £100 be acceptable or if you bought your first season ticket last season on the back of a promotion price and wasnt previously a regular, would you pay an extra £100 or will you go back to someone with just a passing interest in the club? 

You'll probably go back to attending 10 games a season thus spending £200.

I understand your point about personal finances but the club can't cater for each individual. I suspect those seriously worried about job prospects are highly unlikely to part with £199 either.

The club has to weigh up the pro's n cons, they know an elemnet will happily pay 299 but will also be aware sales will drop with the 'casulals', its a balancing act for them.

Its a difficult decision for the BOD and i initially thought 250ish would be fair but again, theres no saying we'd sell many more than at 299. 

I know several people who bought a season ticket last season knowing that they'd probably only attend a dozen or so games . Unfortunately circumstances now mean that having sold less than anticipated cheap and cheerful STs last season, we'd be in a situation this season where we would struggle to sell the same number of cheap and cheerful tickets . We've still got a reasonable offer on the table (although at this moment in time nobody has any idea what you will get for your money) and should next season happen and we were to have an improved product on offer, we should have a large number of spectators turning up and paying full price because they didn't appreciate that under very unusual circumstances the club had to do what it had to do to try and balance the books

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like this partnership. I watched Millie as the Gaffer answer the questions and his body language and general demeanour is spot on. There is real respect for each other and a good bond. Doubt you would have seen that in the Kelly /Harvey partnership. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Riders of Rohan said:

I like this partnership. I watched Millie as the Gaffer answer the questions and his body language and general demeanour is spot on. There is real respect for each other and a good bond. Doubt you would have seen that in the Kelly /Harvey partnership. 

More crossed swords.:ph34r: