19 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

out of our reach wage wise.

A lot has changed over the last 2 months and players will not demand the stupid wages they did, or at least some of them won't 

• Like 1

sometimes players don't go somewhere for the money. Doesn't happen very often. But like someone has already said. I don't think the National League will see big money being thrown around. A lot of clubs (even EFL) will be cutting costs big time. I think if you ask Rodney he will say he loves it here. That will play a big part. He hasn't exactly pulled up trees whilst on loan at Stockport. Halifax maybe just the place for him 

21 minutes ago, Flea said:

So if we do end up playing playoffs we do so without him. 

Pete Wilde said he was contracted like all the other players 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

3 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Indeed his statement made it sound like he has access to all the players whom were under contract on the day we played Ebbsfleet. 

I have no reason to disbelieve this to be true, however I don't really get or understand how it could work with players out of contract if they were to refuse to play, or in Rodney's case, where they are now free agents. He could, in theory, think that playing for us whilst out of contract is not in his best interest as if he was to break a leg or something equally as bad he has next to no cover if he is out of the game for a substantial period of time. 

Personally I hope we can be in some sort of position to at least offer something competitive to Rodney in an attempt to sign him permanently however we may have to accept that he is out of our price range, or that with the uncertain climate that is ahead of us could mean we can't do this. 

If the wage required is acceptable in terms of what the rest of the squad are on then he is well worth a punt. We do look a different team when he is on song and getting the service he likes.

As has been said there will be plenty of players looking for a new home, and better the devil you know.....

28 minutes ago, Flea said:

So if we do end up playing playoffs we do so without him. 

Playoffs? 

On a serious note. Does anyone know if its season over or not?

The jokers who run football have now had eight weeks to come with ideas but none of them can agree anything. 

5 minutes ago, shaymen_x said:

Playoffs? 

On a serious note. Does anyone know if its season over or not?

Honestly, I have no clue what is happening.

I personally feel the season needs scrapping and that playing any more games for this season is unfair/impractical etc however some are saying we will return to complete the season, some are saying the season is over completely (and my belief is the league has voted to end the season) and others are saying they expect playoff games and have players retained for them, whilst other teams have released players. 

Its a big mess tbf. Conflicting accounts from several sides. If however this season resumes in some fashion (I don't think it will in my opinion) we may or may not have access to the same players we had before hand, we may or may not have a promotion to fight for and we may or may not have a home ground to play games in (As we are currently on a three month break from the ground lets not forget). 

Its that confusing it could almost have been communicated to us in the same manner as the latest social distance guidelines. 

47 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

There'll be no play offs unless there is

Unless there isn’t though - in which case there won’t be. But maybe?

10 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Unless there isn’t though - in which case there won’t be. But maybe?

It's like being in an Inspector Clouseau film.....

The play offs are currently going ahead to decide who goes up with Barrow.

If the EFL decide not to relegate Stevenage then the National League need to decide if they 

a) promote Barrow to fill the 1 promotion place

b) Have play offs that include Barrow to decide the 1 promotion place.

Pete Wild said that all players including Rodney are contracted until after the last competitive game which includes any playoffs.

1 hour ago, francisfirth said:

I was worried that this was a thread about the death of Nicholas Lyndhurst. 

In that case it would have been titled "Rodders"

10 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

????????????????????????????//

Edited by Steve Lanzarote

10 hours ago, Flea said:

Indeed his statement made it sound like he has access to all the players whom were under contract on the day we played Ebbsfleet. 

I have no reason to disbelieve this to be true, however I don't really get or understand how it could work with players out of contract if they were to refuse to play, or in Rodney's case, where they are now free agents. He could, in theory, think that playing for us whilst out of contract is not in his best interest as if he was to break a leg or something equally as bad he has next to no cover if he is out of the game for a substantial period of time. 

Personally I hope we can be in some sort of position to at least offer something competitive to Rodney in an attempt to sign him permanently however we may have to accept that he is out of our price range, or that with the uncertain climate that is ahead of us could mean we can't do this. 

Exactly the same reasoning as I gave.

4 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

Correct. 

He is  a player that has never really done much anywhere else but sometime a footballer needs a celestial home and his seems to be Halifax, fingers crossed. After all look at Quigley this last season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

He is  a player that has never really done much anywhere else but sometime a footballer needs a celestial home and his seems to be Halifax, fingers crossed. After all look at Quigley this last season.

An interesting comparison. From what I saw of Quigley and what I have seen of Rodders, it's clear Dave is the better footballer. However as has been noted above sometimes a player finds a home and it all clicks. 

That said I am surprised Quigley has as many goals this last season as he does.