Jump to content
TommyH72

Premier League

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Yeah, i read something the other day about it. 

Didn't he have a decent alibi? 

I cant remembwr exactly. but it certainly wasnt a cover up from Starmers end. 

Police believe they had him bang to rights and had been under pressure not to persue the case from within government and they believe Starmer surcomed to the pressure. He was DPP of Sussex at the time. Massive coverage by media in Sussex at the time without JS actually being mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, greg45 said:

If no one should be forced back to work then people also shouldn’t be forced not to work - discuss.

That's a difficult one, I'm furloughed, didnt get a choice, but on the face of it I'm glad it happened, one of the tenants where I work has tested positive, and I'm in the theoretically high risk demographic!

Nearly 60, type 2 diabetes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Police believe they had him bang to rights and had been under pressure not to persue the case from within government and they believe Starmer surcomed to the pressure. He was DPP of Sussex at the time. Massive coverage by media in Sussex at the time without JS actually being mentioned.

If Starmer had even a whiff of dodgy dealings in the case of Saville, the fascist press would be aĺl over it! As it is, nothing!

Draw your own conclusions!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

If Starmer had even a whiff of dodgy dealings in the case of Saville, the fascist press would be aĺl over it! As it is, nothing!

Draw your own conclusions!

I did draw my own conclusion at the time having previously being on the police watchdog committee for Chichester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in a queue of 20 for Halifax Bank this morning,  times that by 2 metres and that's a 40 plus metres queue, as more shops open that's more queues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I was in a queue of 20 for Halifax Bank this morning,  times that by 2 metres and that's a 40 plus metres queue, as more shops open that's more queues 

I was in a queue of 10 for Santander today with only 1 allowed in the bank at once. The sunshine was glorious.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I did draw my own conclusion at the time having previously being on the police watchdog committee for Chichester.

And?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chrisbo61 said:

And?

I know there had been a lot of both interference and lack of communication between the police forces, I think he lacked direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I know there had been a lot of both interference and lack of communication between the police forces, I think he lacked direction.

It can happen to us all, I got lost in Leeds once!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I know there had been a lot of both interference and lack of communication between the police forces, I think he lacked direction.

I don't know anything about KS's involvement in the Saville affair, but what came out after his death showed that dozens, maybe hundreds, accepted the abuse and turned a blind eye to it. Though I personally think this says more about the general public's deference to power and our 'supposed betters' than it does acceptance of child abuse. A courageous few did raise the alarm and were ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I don't know anything about KS's involvement in the Saville affair, but what came out after his death showed that dozens, maybe hundreds, accepted the abuse and turned a blind eye to it. Though I personally think this says more about the general public's deference to power and our 'supposed betters' than it does acceptance of child abuse. A courageous few did raise the alarm and were ignored.

A lot of the blame seems to have fallen on Keir Starmers shoulders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

I was in a queue of 10 for Santander today with only 1 allowed in the bank at once. The sunshine was glorious.:D

Just like Brighouse, you're nothing special :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I don't know anything about KS's involvement in the Saville affair, but what came out after his death showed that dozens, maybe hundreds, accepted the abuse and turned a blind eye to it. Though I personally think this says more about the general public's deference to power and our 'supposed betters' than it does acceptance of child abuse. A courageous few did raise the alarm and were ignored.

Too many ignored Hoddie and too many people new. If I remember right he was suspected in the disappearance of a young lady from Hebden when he was  curate (or something like that) at a Mytholmroyd church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Too many ignored Hoddie and too many people new. If I remember right he was suspected in the disappearance of a young lady from Hebden when he was  curate (or something like that) at a Mytholmroyd church.

I always liked him. I can remember Jim'll Fix It as a kid and them seeing him on Top of the Pops and he was an excentric character. 

I can also remember many people in Leeds who lined the streets to celebrate his life and and some dressed up as him. 

But it was sometime in the mid 2000's that I watched a Louie Theroux documentary about that I became suspicious. He came accross as very sinister, and creepy. 

I went into work the day after, I was working in Leeds at the time and I asked colleagues if they'd watched the programme and my thoughts on it. As soon as I mentioned it one nlkke instantly turned round and said he was into necrophilia, although he didn't describe ot that way. Then one or two others spoke about other things he was accused of. 

Now it was common knowledge to some in Leeds but not everyone. 

But at the end of the day I suppose it was all rumours until he died. Thats when the floodgates opened. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Grayski said:

So the fact non essential workers ie footballers have enough money in the bank entitles them to not return to work?

This is why the premier league is rotten to the core.

I see where you are coming from with the general public that can’t afford to be off so don’t have a choice in the matter.

as I say if the general public of non essential workers have to return to work then Premier league footballers can do too. Who would also coincidentally be tested much more regularly than the average vulnerable 50 something on the minimum wage.

but yes we can agree to disagree 

can't disagree but if i was a multi-millionaire that knew that i had the whip hand with the clubs that dare not sack me and had to continue paying me otherwise i became a free agent to make more money on a new deal with a super model wife in a mansion i might not be rushing back to work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

From what I have read Erik quite a few people new what was going on but they said they were too afraid to speak up.

Proof was the drawback Steve. 

I was told aboir working as a porter at St James hospital in Leeds during the 1970's.in instantly dismissed this because he was on telly during that period and arvuably at tje height of his popularity so why would a famous person want to work as a porter?

It came to light that he did indeed work as a porter and we sadly know why and what he got up to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

A lot of the blame seems to have fallen on Keir Starmers shoulders. 

Off topic but just seen your ugly mug on Burnesys fb when we went Rochdale 90 we stopped off down Hebden on way 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Off topic but just seen your ugly mug on Burnesys fb when we went Rochdale 90 we stopped off down Hebden on way 

Yes a good day out and we won or maybe drew? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Police believe they had him bang to rights and had been under pressure not to persue the case from within government and they believe Starmer surcomed to the pressure. He was DPP of Sussex at the time. Massive coverage by media in Sussex at the time without JS actually being mentioned.

Ive read up on it a little more.

Saville's excuse for the two claims of sexual assault againsr him back in 2009 were that both women were trying to get money out of him. He also said that hed take legal action against the police if it went any further and warned them that he'd sucessfully sued newspaers on 5 different occasions. 

Keir Starmer appologised for mistakes being made and described it as a watershed moment. 

I honestly feel that it was Savilles threats that kept him away from any charges. It was definitely no big cover up and more a cock up. 

The police also missed another opportunity when they interviewed another woman who said he'd sexually assaulted her in 1970.

The police weren't aware of the other seperate incident. If they had been things would have been different. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Ive read up on it a little more.

Saville's excuse for the two claims of sexual assault againsr him back in 2009 were that both women were trying to get money out of him. He also said that hed take legal action against the police if it went any further and warned them that he'd sucessfully sued newspaers on 5 different occasions. 

Keir Starmer appologised for mistakes being made and described it as a watershed moment. 

I honestly feel that it was Savilles threats that kept him away from any charges. It was definitely no big cover up and more a cock up. 

The police also missed another opportunity when they interviewed another woman who said he'd sexually assaulted her in 1970.

The police weren't aware of the other seperate incident. If they had been things would have been different. 

They were not aware due to lack of communication between the forces at the time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

They were not aware due to lack of communication between the forces at the time.

That's right.

Even though its only just over a decade since it happened, he would jave been tagged these days and the relevant information would have been there to view. 

As I say though Steve, it was dedinitely a mistake made after weighing up evidence versus Saville. Im sure they suspected he was guilty but werent prepared to take the risk. 

No doubt they would have done with more evidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...