TommyH72

Premier League

As with most police forces. Boris has rendered the police force useless now with regards to the CV19. Wait for the death rate and new cases spike by the end of the month.

Why oh why couldn't the Labour Party have had a potato as leader for the last election then I would have voted for them.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

As with most police forces. Boris has rendered the police force useless now with regards to the CV19. Wait for the death rate and new cases spike by the end of the month.

Why oh why couldn't the Labour Party have had a potato as leader for the last election then I would have voted for them.

Aye, if Keir Starmer had been voted in or Andy Burnham we wouldnt be in this mess now and there'd be several thousand people still alive. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

7 hours ago, Nick said:

And it’s all about the players being paid there full whack

it easy ..players take a big pay cut 

clubs pay back sky etc 

sky etc pay back their subscribers 

yes it’s about money .. the players the clubs the tv companies the subscribers 

if they were all worried they would all take a cut in the money 

4 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

To be fair to Sky they stopped taking my payment for Sky Sports shortly after the season was stopped. I still get all the programmes but for free.

really, haven't checked myself, thought they would have a massive fanfare about that

Here we go then, now the crap will hit the fan:-

Premier League stars are telling their clubs via video call today that they will NOT return to training on Monday because of coronavirus fears, in yet another blow to Project Restart

But the rest of us are being asked to return to our jobs.

We don’t have checks every couple of weeks and we don’t get paid 100k a week. 

4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Here we go then, now the crap will hit the fan:-

Premier League stars are telling their clubs via video call today that they will NOT return to training on Monday because of coronavirus fears, in yet another blow to Project Restart

feck em, I honestly would rather watch a eagerly competed CN not involving Town than watch a bang average PL game

2 minutes ago, Ash said:

But the rest of us are being asked to return to our jobs.

We don’t have checks every couple of weeks and we don’t get paid 100k a week. 

suggest they all do a shift on the bins, as a postie, as a delivery worker, a hospital cleaner, and then give their heads a wobble

3 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

suggest they all do a shift on the bins, as a postie, as a delivery worker, a hospital cleaner, and then give their heads a wobble

I dont mean this in a bad way at all, so dont be offended, but I dont blame them. Although they are mega wealthy and I normally wouldn't give them the time of day, I think they are right. I admire all those people you have mentioned:- as a postie, as a delivery worker, a hospital cleaner, but this is now becoming a money driven issue and these guys dont have to worry about it. But why should they risk there lives just because others are doing it, that's a kind of selfish attitude really. The truth is our workers are now being forced back to work and that is the real issue. If I were in that situation I would certainly not be doing it willingly. 

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I dont mean this in a bad way at all, so dont be offended, but I dont blame them. Although they are mega wealthy and I normally wouldn't give them the time of day, I think they are right. I admire all those people you have mentioned:- as a postie, as a delivery worker, a hospital cleaner, but this is now becoming a money driven issue and these guys dont have to worry about it. But why should they risk there lives just because others are doing it, that's a kind of selfish attitude really. The truth is our workers are now being forced back to work and that is the real issue. If I were in that situation I would certainly not be doing it willingly. 

Other ‘non-essential’ staff are returning to work, football is non essential so they should return to work.

7 minutes ago, Grayski said:

Other ‘non-essential’ staff are returning to work, football is non essential so they should return to work.

I'm not going to get sucked into a bun fight, but there is a massive difference Grayski. It's all about choices, and it's now about money. All those now HAVING to return to work cannot afford not to, for loads of different reasons. But these guys dont have to because they can afford not to, and there you have it my friend. How many of those now being forced back to work really want to go back, not many I would wager, but they are being left with no choice.

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Aye, if Keir Starmer had been voted in or Andy Burnham we wouldnt be in this mess now and there'd be several thousand people still alive. 

Come on Labour would have done no better with this mess. This isn't what Boris signed up for or saw coming and a labour leader would have had the same problems. Go on then what would they have done different? 

7 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Come on Labour would have done no better with this mess. This isn't what Boris signed up for or saw coming and a labour leader would have had the same problems. Go on then what would they have done different? 

They would have consulted with ShayTrev

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Greggs said:

I didn't vote and I'm not a fan of Corbyn. 

But, that said, if Starmer had been in charge things would be different. 

The first and only thing is this government didn't folllw scientific advice to lockdown 3 weeks earlier, and because of that failure to follow scientific advice, thousands of people have died. 

The government aren't responsible for all the deaths and they aren't involved in any kind of plot to harm people. It was an error of judgement. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

9 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I didn't vote and I'm not a fan of Corbyn. 

But, that said, if Starmer had been in charge things would be different. 

The first and only thing is this government didn't folllw scientific advice to lockdown 3 weeks earlier, and because of that failure to follow scientific advice, thousands of people have died. 

The government aren't responsible for all the deaths and they aren't involved in any kind of plot to harm people. It was an error of judgement. 

We can't say what Starmer would have done, he would have had the same advice, The had the evidence to prosecute Jimmy Saville but declined much to the disgust of the Sussex police.

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

We can't say what Starmer would have done, he would have had the same advice, The had the evidence to prosecute Jimmy Saville but declined much to the disgust of the Sussex police.

There wasn't enough evidence to prosecute Jimmy Saville and that's why no charges were brought against him. 

Starmer is a barrister. He would have played it by the book and followed scientific advice given by SAGE. Not just from a common sense and practical view but from a legal one too. 

Wait and see how many legal cases there are when this quietens down. 

Edited by Erik Everhard

Why can't the PL clubs just furlough their players then they would only be getting £2,500 a month. They would soon want to come back to work when the monthly payment for the flash car comes out of the bank account.:D 

• Like 2

If they are all tested beforehand i cannot see what the problem is.Half the country has carried on working and millions more are going back. If the players had been furloughed they would be chomping at the bit

31 minutes ago, shayman v said:

If they are all tested beforehand i cannot see what the problem is.Half the country has carried on working and millions more are going back. If the players had been furloughed they would be chomping at the bit

Yes, from a Premier League perspective they can afford testing. Test the day before a game and then keep the players in lockdown until the game. 

Officials too. Ballboys and anyone else needed such as kitmen etc.

This wouldnt harm Premier League teams and perhaps Championship teams too. 

Lower than that and its a big ask financially. 

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

I'm not going to get sucked into a bun fight, but there is a massive difference Grayski. It's all about choices, and it's now about money. All those now HAVING to return to work cannot afford not to, for loads of different reasons. But these guys dont have to because they can afford not to, and there you have it my friend. How many of those now being forced back to work really want to go back, not many I would wager, but they are being left with no choice.

So the fact non essential workers ie footballers have enough money in the bank entitles them to not return to work?

This is why the premier league is rotten to the core.

I see where you are coming from with the general public that can’t afford to be off so don’t have a choice in the matter.

as I say if the general public of non essential workers have to return to work then Premier league footballers can do too. Who would also coincidentally be tested much more regularly than the average vulnerable 50 something on the minimum wage.

but yes we can agree to disagree 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grayski said:

So the fact non essential workers ie footballers have enough money in the bank entitles them to not return to work?

This is why the premier league is rotten to the core.

I see where you are coming from with the general public that can’t afford to be off so don’t have a choice in the matter.

as I say if the general public of non essential workers have to return to work then Premier league footballers can do too. Who would also coincidentally be tested much more regularly than the average vulnerable 50 something on the minimum wage.

but yes we can agree to disagree 

I thought Boris said we are all in this together....n doubt the PL players will be wanting their nanny's and cleaners to turn up for work?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

There wasn't enough evidence to prosecute Jimmy Saville and that's why no charges were brought against him. 

Starmer is a barrister. He would have played it by the book and followed scientific advice given by SAGE. Not just from a common sense and practical view but from a legal one too. 

Wait and see how many legal cases there are when this quietens down. 

That's not what the Sussex police said at the time, there was a big fall out between the Sussex police and the pps.