TommyH72

Premier League

I have to say I'm astounded. Several top players have already voiced their concerns. I suspect many more will follow suit.

Premier League can resume next month as government gives green light to sport returning

It's all about the top six clubs wanting to compete in Europe next season and not having to repay money back to Sky. They don't care about anything else and that includes the players. 

• Like 3

The premier league will only give a **** if a player from Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City etc catch the virus playing and die.

Nothing other than something that severe will bother them. A Norwich player could die and it would go under the radar. 

• Like 3

The relaxation rules only apply to England, so the Championship couldn't be concluded since both Swansea and Cardiff are Welsh. So will the Championship have to just promote teams/relegate them from their league without completing the season? 

The Premier League really haven't come out of this whole crisis looking good in my opinion. If one person connected to any Prem club dies because of this then heads must roll. All they care about is protecting their own pockets. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flea said:

The Premier League really haven't come out of this whole crisis looking good in my opinion. If one person connected to any Prem club dies because of this then heads must roll. All they care about is protecting their own pockets. 

What’s the difference though between the prem league wanting to finish and Mr B wanting to play the playoffs. Some might argue that the only reason is because of the financial benefit between league and non league football. How would you feel if that one person who died was connected to Halifax town.

7 minutes ago, neilstewart said:

What’s the difference though between the prem league wanting to finish and Mr B wanting to play the playoffs. Some might argue that the only reason is because of the financial benefit between league and non league football. How would you feel if that one person who died was connected to Halifax town.

It wouldn't be acceptable.

I'm of the belief that the season needs to be scrapped at the moment and don't think the Premiership, or the Conference, can in good faith "get back to normal" to conclude in the next couple of months. 

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

We won’t be kicking a ball in anger this side of Xmas , may not even be allowed fans into the ground when we do de start if early next year 

Once again there is talk of bringing  Premiere League B teams into the EFL despite the proposal being defeated six years ago. It may have something to do with increasing financial aid if allowed.

13 minutes ago, Shaymen2008 said:

Once again there is talk of bringing  Premiere League B teams into the EFL despite the proposal being defeated six years ago. It may have something to do with increasing financial aid if allowed.

Sickening. 

They will probably get around any regulations against this by "creating" (buying) a lower division club and then using them as a feeder team. Players will be loaned en masse between the two clubs and it will all be above board.

I cannot name them but some of the lower Serie B or C clubs operate on this basis. In spain it is also common practise, both Real Madrid and Barcelona have "B" teams in lower divisions, the only downside is these clubs can never play in the top division with their "owners". Not much fun if you support one of these teams as you can never fully live the dream. 

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

Like the bus drivers, security guards, construction workers, taxi drivers, for example.

Millions of people are demographically more at risk than footballers 

12 hours ago, Jmc said:

We won’t be kicking a ball in anger this side of Xmas , may not even be allowed fans into the ground when we do de start if early next year 

I wouldn't be too sure, bearing in mind that if you read the detailed guidance released to support the return of schools on June 1st (3 weeks away!) there is an implicit acceptance that social distancing is very challenging but obviously the risks to younger people are far less, you could see a no over 50's rule and a re-opening of the Skircoat Shed to allow a 2m separation? Probably won't happen I know.

5 minutes ago, chrisbo61 said:

No problem social distancing in East Stand!

perhaps we could re-introduce the infamous plywood pen from the Skircoat

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shaymen2008 said:

It's all about the top six clubs wanting to compete in Europe next season and not having to repay money back to Sky. They don't care about anything else and that includes the players. 

And it’s all about the players being paid there full whack

it easy ..players take a big pay cut 

clubs pay back sky etc 

sky etc pay back their subscribers 

yes it’s about money .. the players the clubs the tv companies the subscribers 

if they were all worried they would all take a cut in the money 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nick said:

And it’s all about the players being paid there full whack

it easy ..players take a big pay cut 

clubs pay back sky etc 

sky etc pay back their subscribers 

yes it’s about money .. the players the clubs the tv companies the subscribers 

if they were all worried they would all take a cut in the money 

And a big pink one just flew over the cuckoo's nest.

• Like 1

To be fair to Sky they stopped taking my payment for Sky Sports shortly after the season was stopped. I still get all the programmes but for free.

Social distancing at the Shay would be achievable for most games

four sides open and 1500 fans

we could actually achieve this but lots of tiny grounds would struggle

9 minutes ago, Grayski said:

The cost to the club would be ridiculous!! 

9 minutes ago, Grayski said:

It wouldn't work because idiots would still stand together. I actually think that now the initial peak is over and done with, and the NHS was seen to have capacity spare even at its height (remember the pop-up hospitals barely saw a dozen patients), they'll be quite happy for idiots to go and infect themselves. There should be room for them and anyone unfortunate enough to be infected by them within the NHS system.

26 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

It wouldn't work because idiots would still stand together. I actually think that now the initial peak is over and done with, and the NHS was seen to have capacity spare even at its height (remember the pop-up hospitals barely saw a dozen patients), they'll be quite happy for idiots to go and infect themselves. There should be room for them and anyone unfortunate enough to be infected by them within the NHS system.

Judy Woods sounded like a Youth Club Convention yesterday . It's strange that the authorities are happy to turn a blind eye to what they can't see while 'threatening' tough action against what they can see . West Yorkshire Police have already announced that they can no longer police the situation and people have to now 'police themselves'