Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Shaymen Stats

Goals vs Stevenage 1997

As mentioned in my recent newsletter here are the 4 Town goals from the full match highlights I posted on the 3rd May. First up is Mick Norbury's 1st vs The Boro.

• Like 4

Without wanting to do Super Geoff a disservice, does anyone else think the keeper might have deliberately allowed his goal to sneak in? It was like one of my 5-a-side shots which spooned off the ankle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

Without wanting to do Super Geoff a disservice, does anyone else think the keeper might have deliberately allowed his goal to sneak in? It was like one of my 5-a-side shots which spooned off the ankle.

Honestly, first you buy a BMW from DB and now you're slagging off poor ol' Horsfield. All you need to do now is take a big shit on the old club crest and job done! :D 

• Haha 2

Ha no, not at all. I just know from experience that shots off the ankle rarely went in for me.

• Like 1

I was stood just to the right of the goal when Super Geoff sliced one in, it seemed a soft shot, bounced and took ages to hit the back of the net....

I said to my mate " I hope we get a better quality striker in place for next year".............and the rest is history!!

That's why I'm not a football manager/coach LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, woody said:

I said to my mate " I hope we get a better quality striker in place for next year".............and the rest is history!!

It was probably the most improvement in a Shayman from one season to the next that I have ever seen.

He was different class.

50 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Ha no, not at all. I just know from experience that shots off the ankle rarely went in for me.

what with you and Mr V on the opposing side to me i sometimes wonder how i got off that court in one piece ;)

• Like 1

Just now, chadders said:

what with you and Mr V on the opposing side to me i sometimes wonder how i got off that court in one piece ;)

You were the thug on the pitch :D 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, chadders said:

I resemble that remark!!

22 minutes ago, chadders said:

I'm surprised you managed to get on the court, :D

• Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 9:52 AM, Bubba said:

I've often thought that. Very soft goal. And Geoff looked a mile offside.

2 hours ago, Shaymus said:

I've often thought that. Very soft goal. And Geoff looked a mile offside.

Conspiracy theory, eh? You'll be telling me the goalie had connections to Town next!

• Like 1

Brighton(Champions) at home.  Us wanting a point to stay up with both manager's "Good Buddies" was the biggest lets say "non event" ;)

Edited by Guido
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Guido said:

Brighton(Champions) at home.  Us wanting a point to stay up with both manager's "Good Buddies" was the biggest lets say "non event" ;)

A friend of mine worked in the boardroom. When the Brighton delegate came in pre-match and their chairman asked him, 'Alright?', my friend said he was feeling nervous. The chairman patted him on the shoulder and replied, 'You'll be alright tonight.' True story. Believe what you want but there's a train of thought that the result was contrived.

15 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

A friend of mine worked in the boardroom. When the Brighton delegate came in pre-match and their chairman asked him, 'Alright?', my friend said he was feeling nervous. The chairman patted him on the shoulder and replied, 'You'll be alright tonight.' True story. Believe what you want but there's a train of thought that the result was contrived.

I thought it was common knowledge they let us get a point.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

I thought it was common knowledge they let us get a point.

49 minutes ago, Shaymus said:

The fact that he rested half their squad , ,  including top scorer Bobby Zamora spoke volumes.

Edited by shaymen down under

38 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

The fact that he rested half their squad , ,  including top scorer Bobby Zamora spoke volumes.

They certainly tried there best not to score wheras it came natural for us. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I ended up in the Coliseum having a drinking competition with Tony Kniveton and Tony Parks.

Not sure who won, but I got picked up for work at 6am the following morning and spent all day in the storage cabin on site sleeping it off. 

• Like 2