Just now, TJAshton said:

I don’t see the problem really. £13 a game is still cheap to watch Halifax, although after some games seems a waste of money :lol:

However the increase in price fans will expect better signings and if that doesn’t happen they will be pissed off. 

I attend most/all games and £13 a game for me and the 2 kids i bring down is a bargain to watch MY team, dont care what price it is at other clubs in higher leagues 

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in employment so as long as things go well I'll be putting some cash aside to pay in full once we know when crowds are allowed back. 

I have definitely decided to buy a season ticket even at the higher price. I looked at my finances and thought I am not going on holiday this year which will save me about £1000, I have not put any pe

Really? I'm surprised you felt this - I certainly think we had a hell of a lot more entertaining games and good days out this season than under Fullerton where we had an entire season of dross. 

Posted Images

Yes, we finished sixth, but too often the entertainment was very poor. I bought a ticket and missed several games but would have bought another at £199. With a 50pc price increase many fans including me will now pick and choose games and Tues night matches could see three figure crowds. Our fan base won’t grow next season.

1 minute ago, halifaxmark said:

Some people expect to watch games for free, i reckon the uptake of season tickets will be similar to last season, generating more money

Let’s be honest. If 1200 people buy a season ticket at £199 thats £238,800 and say 800 people buy the ticket this year the club make more money so I think the income will still be the same. 

16 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

You can pay over 5 installments which is £59.80. The average person would surely earn over £1000 per month so I’d expect people can still afford £59.80 per month for the club they love right? 

Unfortunate for those who have lost jobs 

But if your on furlough you will be only getting £800 , so by the start of the season that's  £1000 loss of income

Edited by eddie
Spelling
24 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

Say you only get to go to 15 games and miss 7 games that still works out that you’ll pay £300 mate. 

Missed 10 games this season and probably the same again the comming season 

The football this season on show wasnt great and the thought of paying £299 for the same again may put some off purchasing one, especially people on 80% furlough pay.

Edited by shayman7
2 minutes ago, shayman7 said:

Missed 10 games this season and probably the same again the comming season 

The football this season on show wasnt great and the thought of paying £299 for the same again may put some off purchasing one.

Football on show wasnt great :doh: you're watching your team who were top for a while, in the playoff places rest of the season... football in the premiership isnt always great yet them players are on 300k plus a week... its about supporting your team and we had a great season alot better than anyone thought 

The supporters club have raised over 3K for the club, the club turned down a potential 6K from  not wanting to anything to do with the Halifax SOS and then decide to increase season ticket prices massively! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, halifaxmark said:

The "general" football fan is interested in the big games and will pay one off on the door, the loyal supporters will see it works out £13 a game and take up the offer. I reckon we will earn more money from sales this season than last 

I disagree. I know someone who isn’t particularly a Shaymen fan that took the £199 offer. He won’t take the £299 offer. 

And I strongly disagree that we will earn more from sales this season. Hope I’m wrong 

Let’s be honest and say it’s poor to put a £100 increase on when I thought we were building our fan base after this seasons great offer. Did Bosomworth seriously expect the offer of £199 to be massively better than it was after the paint drying experience watching the muppet Fullarton served up! I don’t care what anyone says it think it’s a massive risk. Before anyone jumps down my throat, yes it’s still 8 games free so if you do go regularly then I will agree it is good value.

Moreover, no one has a clue if and when the next season will start let alone if fans will be able to attend yet the club is willingly taking money! Bradford city suspended their season ticket sales as they don’t know what’s happening just like we don’t!

IMO it’s poor from the board.

I will not be purchasing a season ticket until I know for certain what is happening next season as what’s the point in buying one when we don’t know if fans can attend!

• Like 4
32 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Could maybe argue that club could drop price to £249 if season ticket is paid in full by May 31st.  Most clubs offer an early bird price, and will give club immmediate funds... could be idea?

that could prejudice those who are in reduced circumstances but I agree there should be an early bird incentive including instalment schemes

Well the mother was far more receptive to it than I thought she would be so looks like we will both be getting one. However we wont be taking advantage of the installment plan, I cant see how many will be able to take up that option. The uncertainty regarding the new season or even if we are allowed to attend a lot of it. Hoping that waiting that bit longer will give clearer clarity on when it will start and if we can attend games. 

Theres a lot of detail missing for me from the offer, 

If we cant attend games will we be able to watch on shaymen player for free if we have a ticket? Would make me feel more confident I wouldn't be wasting my money if we are not aloud to attend 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shay said:

I disagree. I know someone who isn’t particularly a Shaymen fan that took the £199 offer. He won’t take the £299 offer. 

And I strongly disagree that we will earn more from sales this season. Hope I’m wrong 

This is my thought exactly. We will lose those types. I personally will buy one as I always do, but I don’t think the new pricing will attract those who were first timers last season to retain theirs. Hope I’m wrong. 

Is it staying at £20 pay at the gate?

If so, on Adult pricing you’d pay for the equivalent of 15 games and get 23 in return.  

Its a saving of  over a third if you instead just paid on the day (£460 v £299).

I’m hopeful to renew the box with my usual group but if not I will snap up the ST at that price. It might not be a headline grabber, but its a fair price and one that is the going rate for this level, like it or not.

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

Not everyone plans their life around Halifax Town and can’t attend every game. Sometimes other things come up and they will be the fans not purchasing.

Everyone talks about the club living within its means. We know the golden goose money was about to run out. What the hell did people expect? £300 represents a great price/game ratio, and for those who say "well I miss 10 games anyway" then perhaps, just fecking perhaps, season tickets aren't aimed at you!? You're not showing more support by buying a season ticket if it results in it being cheaper for you, it's the other way around, the club is supporting you and rewarding your loyalty. Don't like it? Be a martyr and pay more on the gate.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, shaymen down under said:

Well we didn’t sign up in the numbers they wanted last season. At least mentally it’s under the £300 bracket.

At the BMW UK sales conference it was announced a poor selling model had been replaced by the 20/21 version, it had no different external kit, no different internal kit and no different engine,  to cure the poor sales the decision had been taken to increase the price by 50% despite the biggest global recession for over 100 years. The thinking was that the people who liked the model would buy it anyhow. Sounds a great move!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

So the league starts in October or after? 

What happens if it starts in August?

Presume at our level we would wait until fans could attend (October?) and then burn through the season with a fair few midweek matches? We aren't sh!tting ourselves at losing TV money

We will be part time again within 12 months crowds of 3 figures most on here might buy one but on here isn’t the majority as much as some would believe.The idea that the prices will go up so we can afford better players is laughable we will still have a very poor budget.When will next season happen?This League won’t be playing behind closed doors for sure it could be next year before people are allowed to attend.But with the crowds we can expect next season social isolation shouldn’t be a problem.

20 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The supporters club have raised over 3K for the club, the club turned down a potential 6K from  not wanting to anything to do with the Halifax SOS and then decide to increase season ticket prices massively! Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Papa Lazarou
  •  
  • Papa Lazarou
  • Members
  • 1,780 posts
Posted April 22 (edited)

I do feel the club need to make it clear why they cant accept money from an initiative from a club sponsor, or dont they need a potential 50K? especially as the supporters club are trying to raise funds for the club.

Is it a potential 6K or a potential 50k like it was a couple of weeks ago?

If I’ve got £1 in my pocket, can I give the same £1 to two different good causes or do I only have £1. I’m just wondering whether giving £1 to one good cause would have detrimental impact on the other (especially if the were both supporting the same good cause)?