Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Cost estimated to be around £39bn by the time it winds up. It's a lot of money but still less than the pension relief for millionaires which comes in at around £40bn per year. In terms of how much the government hands out every year in tax relief, some £500bn, it's less than 10% and you imagine it could be clawed back by temporarily reducing the relief given to multi-nationals, billionaires, etc. But we know it won't.

I would love to see the day the a tory government turns on the rich few who prop up their party through donations and sponsorship. However, I am not expecting that to happen, rather a reduction in Universal Credit or other reforms that the lower paid will have to take on the chin - again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in employment so as long as things go well I'll be putting some cash aside to pay in full once we know when crowds are allowed back. 

I have definitely decided to buy a season ticket even at the higher price. I looked at my finances and thought I am not going on holiday this year which will save me about £1000, I have not put any pe

Really? I'm surprised you felt this - I certainly think we had a hell of a lot more entertaining games and good days out this season than under Fullerton where we had an entire season of dross. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Cost estimated to be around £39bn by the time it winds up. It's a lot of money but still less than the pension relief for millionaires which comes in at around £40bn per year. In terms of how much the government hands out every year in tax relief, some £500bn, it's less than 10% and you imagine it could be clawed back by temporarily reducing the relief given to multi-nationals, billionaires, etc. But we know it won't.

couple of miles of HS2! Perhaps we could ask the Chinese about a cheaper solution!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My understanding is that furloughed workers still receive 100% pay and their boss is reimbursed 80% at the governments leisure . The bigger problem is with those that aren't working and aren't eligible for furlough . I received a letter a few days ago from the tax office regarding a scheme that allows self employed to seek compensation for lost earnings, I don't know how many hurdles this involves 

Self Employed Income Support Scheme. 

Easiest money ever!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll wait to see how much they are before I decide. A change in management at my gaff has left my ability to do a 6 start on football Saturdays up in the air. I'm expecting an increase on the price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only my thoughts, but wouldn't be surprised to see a really good deal for purchases straight away in full and then staged prices depending on when purchased. The club I would have thought need some money in straight away. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only speaking for myself, but £230 would still be a bargain. Where else are you going to get 50% discount in the current climate, even Tesco's have knocked any multibuy offers on the head.

At the same time we are all aware that the financial situation will be somewhat challenging when we return to "normal" and start playing games again, so a 15% increase of £30 would be acceptable to me, if it helped to give the club some contingency funding.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for comparison I did a quick check on the Bradford City website as to what they charge for season tickets bought before the end of May and their offer is £150, with the prices frozen from last season. You can see why they get around 13-14,000 at home games.

Interestingly, they also do a flexi card scheme, where you pay £50 for the card, and then only £10 on the gate for any games you attend. This might be better suited to fans who cannot commit to the the full cost of a season ticket. They make a smaller contribution and then if they do not go to all of the home games, many of us would struggle to attend every game due to work or family commitments, they are not out of pocket.

Could we do something like this? After all if someone has taken the effort to get a flexi card they are more likely to bother to turn up on a regular basis.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Just for comparison I did a quick check on the Bradford City website as to what they charge for season tickets bought before the end of May and their offer is £150, with the prices frozen from last season. You can see why they get around 13-14,000 at home games.

Interestingly, they also do a flexi card scheme, where you pay £50 for the card, and then only £10 on the gate for any games you attend. This might be better suited to fans who cannot commit to the the full cost of a season ticket. They make a smaller contribution and then if they do not go to all of the home games, many of us would struggle to attend every game due to work or family commitments, they are not out of pocket.

Could we do something like this? After all if someone has taken the effort to get a flexi card they are more likely to bother to turn up on a regular basis.

That card idea on the face of it sounds a good idea. 

Haven't Bradford suspended all season ticket sales for the time being?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

That card idea on the face of it sounds a good idea. 

Haven't Bradford suspended all season ticket sales for the time being?

Good point the website gives all of the info but if you try to purchase one it says that are not available. Even so, it gives an idea of novel ways to try to encourage fans to take up some form of financial commitment. Even with £50 upfront and then £10 a game it would still be around a 40% discount if you watched all 23 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My understanding is that furloughed workers still receive 100% pay and their boss is reimbursed 80% at the governments leisure . The bigger problem is with those that aren't working and aren't eligible for furlough . I received a letter a few days ago from the tax office regarding a scheme that allows self employed to seek compensation for lost earnings, I don't know how many hurdles this involves 

I work for one of the big six energy suppliers and our engineers have been fuloughed on 100% pay,80% from the goverment and 20% from the company because there exchanging there holiday pay in exchange for the 20% top up.

I know alot of family and friends that are only recieving 80% pay and people are struggling paying bills and increased food costs feeding the kids at home.

A season ticket purchase now won't be possible for alot of families especially when your buying a more than one ST.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, shayman7 said:

I work for one of the big six energy suppliers and our engineers have been fuloughed on 100% pay,80% from the goverment and 20% from the company because there exchanging there holiday pay in exchange for the 20% top up.

I know alot of family and friends that are only recieving 80% pay and people are struggling paying bills and increased food costs feeding the kids at home.

A season ticket purchase now won't be possible for alot of families especially when your buying a more than one ST.

 

 

 

But it will be possible for some, so why not try to target those fans? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day some people will support the club no matter what and by that I mean buy a season ticket without knowing what is happening with this season and next season and that is purely their choice. I for one will await to see what is happening with the current season re play offs or no play offs and then see what is decided as to next season.

Peoples circumstances will drive their decision as to whether they purchase a season ticket or not given there is currently no clarity.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

But it will be possible for some, so why not try to target those fans? 

Yes, it would need a defined marketing strategy, those who can afford to pay in full get one offer, with a sweetener being the payment plan over 5 months. For those who cannot afford that then the Flexi ticket offer, again paid over 5 installments would possibly be achievable. i.e. £10 a month and then half price entry a and when they could afford to go. That way they would come out even after only 5 games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ITMAN said:

I would refer you to the long reply I put on the EFL thread last night which articulates the existing rules and regulations within the EFL regarding promotion and relegation. Play offs or no playoffs promotion has to take place, plus the EFL need to get another club in to replace Bury. By my calculations that is 3 teams from the National League to move up.

I just can't see any relegation if the season isn't finished.  The only spot available will be to replace Bury i reckon.  My personal thought is that the League will "invite" one team in,  most likely Barrow,  and to hell with the national league. They can sort themselves out.  It's obviously not what i want and i don't think it's the correct thing to do but it's what i think will happen. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FCHT1993 said:

At the end of the day some people will support the club no matter what and by that I mean buy a season ticket without knowing what is happening with this season and next season and that is purely their choice. I for one will await to see what is happening with the current season re play offs or no play offs and then see what is decided as to next season.

Peoples circumstances will drive their decision as to whether they purchase a season ticket or not given there is currently no clarity.

I would love to purchase one straight away but have just lost my job. If i get something soon I'll still not be able to part with anything unnecessary so will have to see if i can put a little aside and try buying once a date is set for us to be allowed back in the stadium. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

At a time when people are deep in financial uncertainty ? 

So what do you think the club should do reagrdingvseason ticket sales? I can not see a problem with saying buy one before the end of may you save a few quid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

At a time when people are deep in financial uncertainty ? 

Some people, some people arent affected financially, infact I was talking to a self employed delivery driver who told me his income has doubled over the last 2 months!! He has never had as much money after paying his bills. I understand long term there may be far more financial constraints put upon people and that is a decision each individual has to take 

Edited by Papa Lazarou
Link to post
Share on other sites

Leaving aside the fact that we know there will be some of the current season ticket holders who may be challenged when it comes to possibly renewing for the next season, the whole purpose of a season ticket, whether it is for football, commuting or going to a gym, is that there is a financial incentive to do so, i.e you get a discount of the normal price for making an upfront commitment.

For those who are able to pay in the usual way, up front for the season, then nothing changes. What the club, and to some extent the wider "we" as supporters would like to see, is some mechanism for those who are unfortunate to not be in employment, to gain access to attending the games as well. This could be through concessions on a match by match basis, or even some form of sponsored/subsidised tickets which people could apply for.

There is no simple answer to this, and to all intents and purposes it is wholeley in the hands of the club, but I agree we should try to ensure that people do not get penalised because they have become victims of the economic problems that will affect many people.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Just for comparison I did a quick check on the Bradford City website as to what they charge for season tickets bought before the end of May and their offer is £150, with the prices frozen from last season. You can see why they get around 13-14,000 at home games.

Interestingly, they also do a flexi card scheme, where you pay £50 for the card, and then only £10 on the gate for any games you attend. This might be better suited to fans who cannot commit to the the full cost of a season ticket. They make a smaller contribution and then if they do not go to all of the home games, many of us would struggle to attend every game due to work or family commitments, they are not out of pocket.

Could we do something like this? After all if someone has taken the effort to get a flexi card they are more likely to bother to turn up on a regular basis.

You can't compare an EFL club with the rich pickings of TV monies etc which means match day receipts probably only 25 per cent of their revenue stream to a club like ours where I would guess that figure to be treble that; compounded by the fact that we don't own the stadium or benefit from food and alcohol sales.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...