shaymen down under

Season Tickets 20/21

Last season i bought my first ever season ticket, but a change in circumstances means i cannot attend many Saturday games and i still have 16 games to attend this season! Still might buy one for next though just to help the club.Going to wait to see if there will be a next season though first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

The theory does not stand up. If all we did was convert existing supporters to have a ST instead of paying on the gate then attendances would have stayed the same. I agree that if that was the case then the club would have been losing out.

Its not that simple though because its not the same people through the gates every week. So when some of those that normally only attend half games get a ST there counted every week.

4 hours ago, greygoose said:

Its not that simple though because its not the same people through the gates every week. So when some of those that normally only attend half games get a ST there counted every week.

It never is. Here is an example of an equation I came across in one academic paper on the estimation of attendances in the Football League.

image.png.17eed950dc59448536dc44e5e7d8dea5.png

8 hours ago, ITMAN said:

It never is. Here is an example of an equation I came across in one academic paper on the estimation of attendances in the Football League.

Yeah, that's what Mr B. uses !

26 minutes ago, rdj said:

Yeah, that's what Mr B. uses !

I found another dissertation that was done to show the impact of the Champions League on EFL and non-league football, mainly based on the effect on attendances for mid-week games that clash with Champions League games. As we play our midweek games on a Tuesday night it could be a factor.

The conclusion of the paper was that there was a case for clubs seeking compensation from the Champions League due to the impact they were having at a local level, maybe we should be asking for some other form of "solidarity" payment from teams who qualify for the Champions League. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Stop trying to be funny. 

Hows Twitter? 

You vile little man

I gather from people I know at the club that this relates to some real world crap that started with Pliny and Flea. If you wanna act the hard man and be a complete and utter c**t to other Town fans, that's your prerogative. But not on here. FIRST and LAST warning. Even a hint of this bloody crap and you're done.

20 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

1 player doesn't put the whole club wage bill by 50% though and I suspect clubs will have the whip hand over players at the moment

IF you attract a player of Rodney's calibre/wage demands, you can be sure others you're wanting to sign suddenly increase their wage demands too, knowing you MAY pay it.

You either give in and pay, negotiate a bit, or are left in a similar situation to July 2019 when you have no players and a loads trialists days before the season begins and hope for the best.

It’s really simple 

the club did the maths .. they can look at the total gate revenue per season .season tickets plus pay on the gate 

I therefore assume... but it is probably a good assumption that even though attendances went up last season, the amount of revenue went down compared to the previous season .. so let out the season tickets back up to something between the two seasons and while we might lose a few we should end up financially ahead.. 

having said that last season they said they wanted to sell a lot more ST ...didn’t tell us how many and also did not tell us much about how many were sold .. 

apart from repeating the same message they did little to creat a sense of support around them ..and then finally the preseason fiasco stopped many committing..

if things had been better I think we would have sold significantly more than the around a 1000 we did .. so while dissatisfied with what was sold DB should have re of used the failings from the club side 

so to me the timing of what they have done is poorly judged and the use of the last season ST sales as a reason ignores the fiasco of last seasons person following the previous awful footballing season 

Would rather have 2200 crowds earning less money than 1400, just can’t progress the club by dropping back to theses levels of crowds 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Would rather have 2200 crowds earning less money than 1400, just can’t progress the club by dropping back to theses levels of crowds 

Agreed. Its not just money through the gate, having larger crowds leads to increased merchandise sales, programme sales, potential commercial deals, increased attendance at club events,  increased membership of ShaymenPlayer, etc, etc. Every supporter of the club is a salesperson for the club i.e. if the club is doing well, a supporter will discuss FCHT in the pub and potentially persuade others to attend games.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned previously that the club was running a "controlled" loss of around £100k from this season. If we have a similar take up of ST's for next season at the higher rate then this effectively brings the club back into a balanced budget. Only worry there is whether the club are then prepared for another "controlled" loss id we wanted to sign new players.

I think the last 2/3 seasons we have had a controlled loss, however included in that was extra set up costs from going from a part time to full time model (Things like training facilities and the likes). Those controlled losses were also coming out of the pot of excess monies from past transfers so would leave us with an overall bank balance that was around break even. 

Im not 100% sure but would assume we are probably at the limit now of having spent the monies generated from past player sales however, so its a case of going with what we have. That would be backed up with the attempts last season to try get an extra investor in if possible. I'd imagine had one been found we could have seen a £199 sort of deal this year for ST's, however without the extra income the funding gap needs to be filled elsewhere. 

I am of the belief that we need to be full time to compete in this league - certainly so in the climate pre Covid, it could well be a totally different landscape the next time we get to play. With that in mind we then need to consider if we want to be fighting for our lives, be competitive, or be challenging to get out of this league. We seem to have a manager that can get a fair bit out of his players, one that seems to have their support, and one that seems to have a few contacts within the game that could help when we need cover. We also seem to have built a good working relationship with some local clubs for use of their players via the loan system. These are things we are going to have to do if we want to progress. We simply don't have someone willing to pump in half a million to help us bridge the gaps, so we need to be smarter with what we have and make every pound count. 

• Like 1

Rather have a smaller squad next season with more quality, than a bigger squad full of duds. If we get injuries we can venture into the loan market. 

Edited by ashy1966
  • Like 1

Right, I've made a decision!!! I like where I sit week in week out and I always try to get to the game early enough to get my usual seat. However, there were a couple of times when someone had the audacity to sit in my place. No amount of me standing there ogling at them made them squirm and move so I had to sit elsewhere. (Bugger).

So, why cant we buy our seats. Well you know what I mean, have designated seating. If this were part of the deal I'd buy my ticket today.

13 hours ago, ITMAN said:

The figures dont add up Itman.

2 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

The figures dont add up Itman.

No I thought the same to, but my brain stopped working after page 57 of the document and I failed to get onto the bits around loyalty, entertainment and value for money, that seem to play some part in why we go to football matches....

11 minutes ago, ashy1966 said:

Rather have a smaller squad next season with more quality, than a bigger squad full of duds. If we get injuries we can venture into the loan market. 

So would I. The concern I have is that in recent seasons we have had a small squad, with a few duds in them.

Having a squad of 18/19 is good if you can have faith in all 18/19. If you have a squad that size and a few of the players are Odelusi, Lenighan, a striker that can't score, a youth player that is not ready for the step up etc... then its threadbare pretty quick. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

No I thought the same to, but my brain stopped working after page 57 of the document and I failed to get onto the bits around loyalty, entertainment and value for money, that seem to play some part in why we go to football matches....

Exactly. But to be fair I was struggling at    a/u=??

16 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Exactly. But to be fair I was struggling at    a/u=??

Tommy I think ait = Buy a season ticket

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ashy1966 said:

A squad of 18 better quality everyday of the week for me too.

6 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

A squad of 18 better quality everyday of the week for me too.

I'll start by adding in my pet hate. We dont need a sub Goalkeeper. Might not save a fortune but it's still a waste of time. The young lad we had/have sat on the bench for 37 games up until we stopped playing. That's 37 weeks wages for nothing. P.S. I point out once again that this is not in any way a slight against young Appleyard, but he needs to move on.

1 minute ago, TommyH72 said:

I'll start by adding in my pet hate. We dont need a sub Goalkeeper. Might not save a fortune but it's still a waste of time. The young lad we had/have sat on the bench for 37 games up until we stopped playing. That's 37 weeks wages for nothing. P.S. I point out once again that this is not in any way a slight against young Appleyard, but he needs to move on.

You will be Ostracised,,,I have been advocating this for years.:o