Are to be released next week. I hope they are at a similar price to last season. But don’t have my hopes up too much.

If they keep them at same price, I will be happy to pay, even if there’s no chance of attending the first few months of the season or more.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Back in employment so as long as things go well I'll be putting some cash aside to pay in full once we know when crowds are allowed back. 

I have definitely decided to buy a season ticket even at the higher price. I looked at my finances and thought I am not going on holiday this year which will save me about £1000, I have not put any pe

Really? I'm surprised you felt this - I certainly think we had a hell of a lot more entertaining games and good days out this season than under Fullerton where we had an entire season of dross. 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, choppiebinkie said:

You either offer your support or not I'll get one as i dont want to see my club die again

Yes I'll offer my support as usual but how the hell can they release tickets with so much uncertainty about? 

• Like 1

I suppose there will be a new season it's just a question of when.

I wonder if the club already knows the play-offs have been cancelled.

I think league 1 and 2 won't finish their seasons and there won't be any play-offs and same for the National.

That leaves how to decide promotion and relegation and the consequential legal actions!

I would refer you to the long reply I put on the EFL thread last night which articulates the existing rules and regulations within the EFL regarding promotion and relegation. Play offs or no playoffs promotion has to take place, plus the EFL need to get another club in to replace Bury. By my calculations that is 3 teams from the National League to move up.

If you null and void the season you null and void the rules for that season . You do raise all sorts of other issues; television money, sponsorship money, season ticket money, disciplinary punishments and fines, contracts etc the list goes on 

Maybe the club could be doing something like a "deposit season ticket".

So for example, they say they are doing the tickets at say £250 for next season, however until we know what is happening you can buy your season ticket with a £100 deposit. Once we know what the crack is in terms of what league, when and how many games are open to the public, you then pay a further £100 to secure your ticket - or if you haven't put down £100 on the deposit you can then buy the ticket at £250.

Thus, buying early saves you £50, only requires £100 now - and if it turns out we can only play 10/12 games etc that aren't behind closed doors you still get value on the £100. 

* Note - This is just a theory, it is NOT something to my knowledge that is happening *

Edited by Flea
  • Like 1

Whilst theres many unanswered questions in football circles just now one thing we do know is that clubs will still require cash flow. Whithout this they can not function and offering a 5 month payment tells me they just need some form of income in uncertain times.

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

If you null and void the season you null and void the rules for that season . You do raise all sorts of other issues; television money, sponsorship money, season ticket money, disciplinary punishments and fines, contracts etc the list goes on 

That's OK if everyone does a null and void but if the PL and EFL decide not to null and void, then by their rules there would still need to be promotion and relegation. So we have to wait until we know what they will come up with.

2 hours ago, shaykehands said:

Exceptional circumstances, emergency amendments.  Its happened with legislation, it can happen with Football.

In which case then they had better get a move on because the EFL rules will need a complete rewrite.

I didn't get furloughed as been on emergency call out and been recieving 100% pay.

But what about fans that have been furloughed and only recieving 80% pay and struggling to make ends meet.

I think they will struggle to get many takers even with the offer of 5 installment payments as fans have a big black hole in there salaries and even £50pm will be a big ask.

Edited by shayman7
1 hour ago, shayman7 said:

I didn't get furloughed as been on emergency call out and been recieving 100% pay.

But what about fans that have been furloughed and only recieving 80% pay and struggling to make ends meet.

I think they will struggle to get many takers even with the offer of 5 installment payments as fans have a big black hole in there salaries and even £50pm will be a big ask.

My understanding is that furloughed workers still receive 100% pay and their boss is reimbursed 80% at the governments leisure . The bigger problem is with those that aren't working and aren't eligible for furlough . I received a letter a few days ago from the tax office regarding a scheme that allows self employed to seek compensation for lost earnings, I don't know how many hurdles this involves 

26 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

My understanding is that furloughed workers still receive 100% pay and their boss is reimbursed 80% at the governments leisure . The bigger problem is with those that aren't working and aren't eligible for furlough . I received a letter a few days ago from the tax office regarding a scheme that allows self employed to seek compensation for lost earnings, I don't know how many hurdles this involves 

There is no legal requirement for companies to pay the 20% difference that the government isn’t paying to any furloughed staff. Technically employees on furlough are employed by the government, that’s why it’s illegal for any employee to do any work for the firm that puts them on furlough.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I get 80% and my company doesn't give me the 20% , there won't be many companies that will be able to afford to do it, 

7 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I am furloughed and receive 80%. Some companies are topping up the 20% at their discretion.

However, apart from bills and monthly standard outgoings the only thing I have bought in the last 7 weeks is good. No holidays, no clothes, no petrol because I’m not going out because simply there isn’t much else to do so monthly, it isn’t too bad.

21 minutes ago, Ash said:

I am furloughed and receive 80%. Some companies are topping up the 20% at their discretion.

However, apart from bills and monthly standard outgoings the only thing I have bought in the last 7 weeks is good. No holidays, no clothes, no petrol because I’m not going out because simply there isn’t much else to do so monthly, it isn’t too bad.

But price of shopping has gone up and not many offers in supermarket, using more gas and electric, some families will be OK but there will be many that will struggle,  

• Like 1

How long will the government support the furlough scheme? It is costing the country billions in borrowings, which we all know will result in having to be paid back some time down the road, presumably by the tax payers of the country. So while we thought austerity was bad enough this is going to rumble on for a lot of years to come. As has been commented prices are already higher, and with social distancing the cost of producing/providing goods/services will remain high for the foreseeable future.

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Not true. Furloughed workers receive 80% from the government and nothing is required from their employer (and in every case I know, 80% is all any furloughed worked is getting).

13 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

How long will the government support the furlough scheme? It is costing the country billions in borrowings, which we all know will result in having to be paid back some time down the road, presumably by the tax payers of the country. So while we thought austerity was bad enough this is going to rumble on for a lot of years to come. As has been commented prices are already higher, and with social distancing the cost of producing/providing goods/services will remain high for the foreseeable future.

It’s a fine balance. Another 12 months of the financial measures in place and the economic downturn and there won’t be much of a world left for those that survive coronavirus to be a part of - pretty much every single business and government will be up the shitter (given the vast majority already are and it’s not been 3 months yet).

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

Cost estimated to be around £39bn by the time it winds up. It's a lot of money but still less than the pension relief for millionaires which comes in at around £40bn per year. In terms of how much the government hands out every year in tax relief, some £500bn, it's less than 10% and you imagine it could be clawed back by temporarily reducing the relief given to multi-nationals, billionaires, etc. But we know it won't.

• Like 3