Sign in to follow this  
mj85

Fundraising request- not FCHT related

Hello all,

With sport suspended currently, many organisations are suffering loss of income, such as local sports clubs, and in particular in summer months, cricket clubs.

The side I play for, Southowram CC are one such club, with no money generated from match fees or from bar takings.

I am intending to raise funds for them, with all money raised going towards the purchase and installation of a defibrillator at the club. With the ground being in a remote location, this will not only benefit the club, but also an entire village community of runners, dog walkers and so on.

I will be running 10KM in full cricket kit, including pads gloves and helmet, on Saturday 30th May. This will obviously be following government advice on social distancing and daily exercise policies.

Any support in terms of donations would be much appreciated.

Mike Jakeman & Southowram CC

https://www.gofundme.com/f/10km-run-wearing-full-cricket-kit?utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_na+share-sheet&rcid=fc734c2449c64e2ab17ff1473c3b814f

• Like 1

Have they looked into local charities or organisations which may already fund the purchase of a defibrillator?

They could then raise funds for the club for a different purpose such as any ongoing running costs which are being incurred with no income to cover them.

1 hour ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Have they looked into local charities or organisations which may already fund the purchase of a defibrillator?

They could then raise funds for the club for a different purpose such as any ongoing running costs which are being incurred with no income to cover them.

Not sure to be honest; but I’ll certainly pass your comments to the committee.

Thank you.

There is an organisation that has these things, and looks for appropriate places to place them. They rang and asked me if I would have one outside the Post Office, but it would have obstructed the pavement, so I suggested it should go outside Colin's newsagents along the road. Colin's is set back from the road a lot further than my place.

It was installed there a week or two later, and is available for the good people of Hipperholme as and when required.

Sorry, I don't know who they are, but it may say on the casing of the Hipperholme one?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:23 PM, Papa Lazarou said:

I am sure the late Danny Jones wife has set up a charity that may help with these?  

Club president in discussion with Lizzie Jones. Her charity looks to assist with 25% of any costs.

Cheers