Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Sign in to follow this  
Hoddie

Baz

Bleak times. He makes it sound better than it felt. Funny stories about Godfrey. Serie A lol!

55 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

There's maybe life in the old dog yet. The old dog being the Courier.

Baz Rathbone and the legendary never-to-be-repeated goal.

https://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/football/my-time-town-mick-rathbone-it-was-incredible-experience-i-wouldnt-have-changed-it-anything-2742949?fbclid=IwAR3Sd6Bo9e-u1k2EPLmaUzPhW0PZYfDzN-9zFlt-v_1bphhsUBZ18Q6cS9I

If you haven't read it, get his autobiography, really funny and such a mood lifter. Lots about Town too.

I doubt there is life in the courier at all but this series is the best thing any of their "journalists" has produced in about 10 years.

I dont think I have read his book but it will be going on the list. What a genuinely great bloke he seems to be. The memories brought a tear to my eye.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Juryeff said:

I doubt there is life in the courier at all but this series is the best thing any of their "journalists" has produced in about 10 years.

I dont think I have read his book but it will be going on the list. What a genuinely great bloke he seems to be. The memories brought a tear to my eye.

Interesting to read that McGrath wanted rid of your namesake who had to train with Baz on the moor!

36 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Interesting to read that McGrath wanted rid of your namesake who had to train with Baz on the moor!

Yes, the fantastic duo of Greenwood and Thomas really served the club well.

18 hours ago, Juryeff said:

I dont think I have read his book but it will be going on the list. 

Bump it to the top of your list! It's honestly a fantastic read, not just for Town fans but any fan of football. 

• Like 1

AFC Halifax had a fund raiser at Kingston Club that Kit kindly hosted and Mick Rathbone was our guest. He spoke for ages and sighed copies of his book. He was a sound genuine chap who clearly had a love for our and his ex club. 

• Like 1

I’ve just ordered Baz’s book so looking forward to a good read, anyone thinking of buying it , I got it from Waterstones it’s £12-99 + £2-75 p&p with 2 to 3 weeks delivery time.

Refreshing honesty throughout especially from his time with Brum.  So much better than the bland footy autobiographies of so called 'stars'.

• Like 1