Why null and void? Those teams in play off places mainly have players on furlough and have or are extending contracts to cover a play offs. If a season can be finalised it should and then next season can start as and when it is safe to do so.

clubs also need to be innovative in these times. If you can’t have bums on seats then there are plenty of other ways to get income.

If they take the league table as a yardstick to promote Barrow then I don't see how they can then ignore that yardstick for the play-offs. Promote 2 or none at all. Same goes for League 1 and League 2. To have promotion but not relegation on the grounds of fairness is a nonsense. It's a selective choice of rules and regulations.

Just now, Ash said:

Why null and void? Those teams in play off places mainly have players on furlough and have or are extending contracts to cover a play offs. If a season can be finalised it should and then next season can start as and when it is safe to do so.

clubs also need to be innovative in these times. If you can’t have bums on seats then there are plenty of other ways to get income.

If nobody can go up what's the point?

There is no point if nobody can be promoted. It’s only if it’s needed otherwise it’s a waste of time.

If the premier League or EFL vote for promotion/titles/champions league spots but scrap relegation then I’ll lose a lot of faith in the modern game. It should be all or nothing.

• Like 1

It might come down to an old fashioned re-election. We were good at them!

One of two things will happen going on today's news:

The FL will invite Barrow to replace Bury. Whether or not the Conference then invite a re-formed Bury remains to be seen.

The FL could also temporarily increase each division to 25 clubs to account for their promotion but no relegation nonsense, reverting to 24 teams the season after. This would mean three teams being relegated to the Conference that season, with the Conference North/South divisions increasing from 22 to 24 to accommodate it, promoting one extra team from below via a play-off (with consequences rippling down the leagues). The advantage of this is that FL teams are happy - each gets receipts from an extra home game, no-one gets relegated, and the top two teams in each division get promoted. The Conference gets to promote two teams into the FL as normal, so can still arrange play-offs.

• Like 1

What a farce.

Scrap the whole thing and go again next year, or wait until it is safe and conclude by playing all the games. 

Its unfair on those teams lower down that have already mathematically won their leagues if they are denied promotion, yet teams in relegation spots now don't get relegated, or teams that have not won leagues get promoted. 

There needs to be consistency. At the moment its one rule for the top clubs, another for the league clubs, then to hell with Non League. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hxmitch said:

What a farce.

League 2 want promotion but no relegation. 

Assume League 1 want promotion but no relegation.

Championship wants promotion but no relegation 

AND surprise surprise Premier League don’t want Relegation.

As many have said scrap the season and let’s keep amused during the Summer watching the  Legal Boys fighting for the self interest of their respective clubs.

I predict the lawyers will win!

10 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I predict the lawyers will win!

They will certainly get more money than Town got from Premier League

There is still at least 1 promotion place up for grabs and it’s up for the league to decide about relegation. Stevenage have won 1 in their last 20 and are saying it’s unfair for them to be relegated!

7 minutes ago, Ash said:

There is still at least 1 promotion place up for grabs and it’s up for the league to decide about relegation. Stevenage have won 1 in their last 20 and are saying it’s unfair for them to be relegated!

To be fair the chairman has come out and said he would rather play his way out of trouble, but its easy to say that after the vote, wonder which way he voted? 

19 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Least we’re spared another M25 team and hopefully keep Chorley then 

If you hit the M25 on your way to Stevenage you’ve gone too far!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Lammie said:

Hope Chorley survive the drop. Nice club. Nice pies. 

Yeah, I've a lot of time for Chorley.

Problem is, under this proposal Fylde stay up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Flea said:

Yeah, I've a lot of time for Chorley.

Problem is, under this proposal Fylde stay up. 

Plus side we get to do the Kosy yellow card prediction!

League 2 are wanting to promote the top 3 and a 4th through the play offs. If this happens surely more than 1 team has to be promoted to the football league. As far as I see it if league 2 are insistent on play offs taking place I expect the national league to fight tooth and nail to follow suit. 

Personally I dont think we were making the play offs anyway. So if now we do. Bonus. 

Edited by Greggs

1 minute ago, Greggs said:

Personally I dont think we were making the play offs anyway. So if now we do. Bonus. 

Personally I was thinking we could have caught Barrow. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Personally I was thinking we could have caught Barrow. 

And that barnstorming performance we put in against the mighty Ebbsfleet oh what form we were in :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Greggs said:

And that barnstorming performance we put in against the mighty Ebbsfleet oh what form we were in :lol:

Doesnt matter a jot what anyone thought we could do. 

Our form dipped when Ducky got injured. 

What is to say we wouldn't go on a run of wins if the league is resumed in 4 weeks with him back from injury?

So many unknowns to say who would have finished where. 

5 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The Sports Minister should have stepped in weeks ago and said no competitive sport before July at the soonest

Unfortunately, the Minister for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport, Oliver Dowden, who looks and sounds as if he wouldn’t recognise a football if it hit him in the face, was busy writing letters to the BBC on behalf of the government, alleging political bias in the selection of some experts they had featured in a recent episode of Panorama.

• Like 2