5 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

What will our players do without the keen insight and advice of our fans to "gerrit forward Town"?

Perhaps we can record and play well known phrases over the tannoy at wherever we end up playing?

I’ll start us off with that one and a few more - any other suggestions?

- Gerrit forward town!

- Halle-chuffin-luyah!

- Get it on the DECK town!

- Bloody rubbish wilder!   

• Like 2
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good job I deleted my original post of saying I would pay if it meant we would get to play in playoffs

Send Fylde down and York up Please

What about the blatant penalty not given to Killeen ? WE WUZ ROBBED !

Posted Images

On 6/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, Flea said:

If the leagues below North/South have been voided then no relegation from those leagues ends that problem. You can promote from it and relegate to it with no problem. 

all results etc have been wiped though.

It's a bit of a shambles really. Tamworth, unfortunately, smashed the Southern Premier Central (equivalent of Evostik Premier) with over 2 points per game and stay down. BPA were appalling and got little over half a point per game, and get a reprieve to stay in the Conf North.

12 hours ago, Lewis said:

That final would surely have huge interest if crowds were allowed in normal circumstances.

90 minutes of football- the difference between playing Bolton Wanderers or Wealdstone.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, greg45 said:

Perhaps we can record and play well known phrases over the tannoy at wherever we end up playing?

I’ll start us off with that one and a few more - any other suggestions?

- Gerrit forward town!

- Halle-chuffin-luyah!

- Get it on the DECK town!

- Bloody rubbish wilder!   

Not forgetting all time classic:

Bloody rubbish Needham!

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

all results etc have been wiped though.

It's a bit of a shambles really. Tamworth, unfortunately, smashed the Southern Premier Central (equivalent of Evostik Premier) with over 2 points per game and stay down. BPA were appalling and got little over half a point per game, and get a reprieve to stay in the Conf North.

I agree. I strongly disagree with these proposals. I don’t think it is right or fair at all that relegation has pretty much been scrapped and promotion denied to teams in the North/South.

I think it shows a lack of integrity within the league. 

That said, I have no say in what happens next. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Greggs said:

I still specifically remember blubbering into my hands for 15 mins after that play off final at Leicester.  I dont even need to explain myself on here when I say. IT WAS A BLOODY CROSS

I cried the whole way home

• Like 2

Journalist Ollie Bayliss:

''I understand York City has proposed an amendment to the National League's resolution to decide the season.

York's amendment would allow the top 2 clubs to be promoted if the playoffs are not possible.

It's up to the National League Board whether they add the amendment to the vote''

9 minutes ago, mj85 said:

''I understand York City has proposed an amendment to the National League's resolution to decide the season.

York's amendment would allow the top 2 clubs to be promoted if the playoffs are not possible.

It's up to the National League Board whether they add the amendment to the vote''

Sounds fairer to me on the face of it.

3 hours ago, Grayski said:

6409E407-A00E-424E-8DB6-6150BFE245B1.jpeg.7940b95a7d2498d2f6a2417983f4f5c8.jpeg

Hypothetically wonder which final would of attracted the biggest crowd if all this hadn’t of happened 

My guess would be;

Halifax vs Notts County

attendance 34,001

well we've got 20,000 away diehards to start with so if Notts County can't get 14,000 of their own fans to turn up then that is a pretty poor do in my view and they simply don't deserve to get promoted

Would anyone expect BT Sports to do the decent thing and increase the share of the TV money for play-off games, seeing as there will be no gate money to share?

1 hour ago, themanwhowasntthere said:

I was distraught, but Kit was on hand in the pub to offer some fatherly words of wisdom and perspective.

That's my boy! I'll always be there when times get tough.

Maybe this time we can all celebrate, even if not "together"?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mj85 said:

That just for the National north or our league? 

2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

That would be on the assumption that the NL relegated 4 teams and not 1?

3 I would think? 2 extra up, so 3 down, rather than 1.

1 hour ago, mj85 said:

3 I would think? 2 extra up, so 3 down, rather than 1.

If the EFL stuff pans out in terms of only 1 down and we have playoffs in the NL and send 2 up then we are left with 23 teams in the NL. I expect they would relegate one down, probably to be added to Bury to give 2 down in effect and then promote the top teams from NL North/South, keeping the status quo as per this season in numbers in divisions. There is a plan to increase NL North/South to 24 teams per division but this will be put on ice with the season being null and void.

2020 will certainly go down in our memories for all the wrong reasons.

who would have thought at the beginning of the year that none of the leagues have yet been decided and that after a 10 week break football is to resume next week.

Town subject to the vote on Monday are in the playoffs and subject to BT can feature in at least two consecutive matches.

lets all be positive in the footballing world and look forward to watching live British football on tv for the next few weeks and hope come September/October the new season commences and spectators can again enjoy doing what they like best, supporting their team by going through the turnstiles.

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

"The finances of a significant number of EFL clubs are extremely fragile with many having implemented player and staff wage cuts or deferrals and many have taken Inland Revenue payment holidays but are now being faced with substantial repayments. Many of our competitors cannot afford such repayments in the short term. Recent years have seen a number of clubs get into financial difficulty including entering administration and it is likely that there could be more to follow. "

Could be a few clubs starting on -12 points with a sell off of players !