26 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

The FA have allowed the NL an extension to the season, so the play offs can now go ahead if needs be. Over to you EFL

We should find out this week. The EFL preferred framework that is to be voted on is that promotion and relegation, including playoffs, is retained as per the usual end of season arrangements, the only caveat being that the final league places are decided on a flat points per game basis. 

If this vote gets approved, then to me it is playoffs here we come.... will we get to go to Borehamwood then?

Edited by ITMAN
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good job I deleted my original post of saying I would pay if it meant we would get to play in playoffs

Send Fylde down and York up Please

What about the blatant penalty not given to Killeen ? WE WUZ ROBBED !

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

We should find out this week. The EFL preferred framework that is to be voted on is that promotion and relegation, including playoffs, is retained as per the usual end of season arrangements, the only caveat being that the final league places are decided on a flat points per game basis. 

If this vote gets approved, then to me it is playoffs here we come.... will we get to go to Borehamwood then?

That would be the best solution in my opinion

1 hour ago, ITMAN said:

Cant see our play offs being at clubs grounds, can see it more being held at St George's Park

38 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Cant see our play offs being at clubs grounds, can see it more being held at St George's Park

Wherever, as long as we get closure to the season so we can all move on and return to normal.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Well all the clubs are not going to vote for it. Is it a majority vote? 

26 minutes ago, Flea said:

Hasn't the Boreham chairman already said they won't be playing in a playoff?

If so, do we get a bye, or will he change his mind?

He will change his mind for sure.

Be surreal if we were promoted after all this! if the games were played at a neutral venue then that should be a leveller and let’s face it, the players are rested vs if we had played to the season end.....

Been that long since playing that it would feel like a new season and we generally start new seasons like a train....

10 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

What players will we have, and will we have Redshaw & Rodney. Definitely need them if we are to progress.

Yes. The entire squad is contracted till after the last game of the season whenever that may be. Was confirmed by Wild a week or 2 weeks back. Should have a fully fit squad too if play offs do go ahead. Minus Ducky I believe

2 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Yes. The entire squad is contracted till after the last game of the season whenever that may be. Was confirmed by Wild a week or 2 weeks back. Should have a fully fit squad too if play offs do go ahead. Minus Ducky I believe

Well then, lets see what happens. I best buy a ST cos if we get promoted DB will up the prices and all those who got theres will be laughing.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

Well then, lets see what happens. I best buy a ST cos if we get promoted DB will up the prices and all those who got theres will be laughing.

Cant really change it when it's been announced there would be uproar. He would have thought about that..

8 hours ago, Greggs said:

Well all the clubs are not going to vote for it. Is it a majority vote? 

According to Rick Parry it only needs a 51% majority

Needs a 51% majority

Play offs in all leagues will be behind closed doors

Season ticket prices will not rise if we get promoted or we are in a much stronger League 2 North.

30 minutes ago, Ash said:

Needs a 51% majority

Play offs in all leagues will be behind closed doors

Season ticket prices will not rise if we get promoted or we are in a much stronger League 2 North.

Let's hope it is the latter:D

On 5/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Grayski said:

Be surreal if we were promoted after all this! if the games were played at a neutral venue then that should be a leveller and let’s face it, the players are rested vs if we had played to the season end.....

Been that long since playing that it would feel like a new season and we generally start new seasons like a train....

we should have a fit, injury free squad that is rested, but so will everyone else! Even Dominic Ludden should have returned to full fitness now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, vinnyweknuts said:

we should have a fit, injury free squad that is rested, but so will everyone else! Even Dominic Ludden should have returned to full fitness now

Not a cat in hells chance 

26 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

They voted to end the 46 game season

Yes but how can you then have a fair play off system based on an incomplete regular season?  

If were having play offs are we relegating teams and letting those fron the leagues below come up? 

Who's a competing i these play offs? Half the league could argue a case tto be in them.

Edited by greygoose

We cant also have playoffs until we have a declared champion. Has it been decided Barrow have won it, even though they are very easily catchable? 

Will Boreham compete after their chairman said the season was over and they released players?

Will Harrogate’s pitch/ground be acceptable?

Will Stockport/Barnet complain if one misses out on goal difference? 

Will games be played at teams grounds or St Georges? 

What happens to those that have Playoff Final tickets already?

So many questions, so few answers