Sign in to follow this  
Hxmitch

EFL

I think the club should charge a tenner for any play off games. A bit of lost income to come in unless of course BT Sport show them all which they will probably have the rights to.

4 minutes ago, Ash said:

I think the club should charge a tenner for any play off games. A bit of lost income to come in unless of course BT Sport show them all which they will probably have the rights to.

Yeah think your right but I would happily pay a tenner 

14 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The National League would have the rights to play off games (wouldn't they ?)

The UK pay-TV broadcaster, which began its partnership with the league in 2013, has now extended with the competition until the end of 2020/21. It will continue to show one live game each week during the season, as well as covering the end of season promotion play-offs at Wembley Stadium.

10 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

The UK pay-TV broadcaster, which began its partnership with the league in 2013, has now extended with the competition until the end of 2020/21. It will continue to show one live game each week during the season, as well as covering the end of season promotion play-offs at Wembley Stadium.

The money for play offs goes to the league not the clubs (is what I said) ?

7 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The money for play offs goes to the league not the clubs (is what I said) ?

FINANCIAL RULES

5. In the Qualifying Round and Semi-Final Ties the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.  The net gate receipts due from a match shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling and any pre-approved accommodation expenses of the visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed in accordance with FA Trophy rules (which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, floodlighting, first aid helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Where the visiting Club considers it necessary or desirable to claim accommodation expenses, written application must be made to the League within 24 hours of the fixture being announced.  The League shall determine such application at its sole discretion.

6. Income from television broadcasting or any corporate Commercial Agreements made on behalf of the Company for a match shall not form part of the proceeds of any Qualifying Round, Semi-Final   or   Promotion Final  ties. The Board of Directors shall determine facility fees payable to clubs, if applicable and the allocation of all income from all commercial activities.

18 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

FINANCIAL RULES

5. In the Qualifying Round and Semi-Final Ties the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided equally between the competing Clubs.  The net gate receipts due from a match shall be the total ticket sales for the match less VAT, the travelling and any pre-approved accommodation expenses of the visiting Club, the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and other match expenses allowed in accordance with FA Trophy rules (which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, floodlighting, first aid helpers and any costs relating to clearing the ground of snow and water provided the visiting Club is consulted beforehand on the approximate costs). Where the visiting Club considers it necessary or desirable to claim accommodation expenses, written application must be made to the League within 24 hours of the fixture being announced.  The League shall determine such application at its sole discretion.

6. Income from television broadcasting or any corporate Commercial Agreements made on behalf of the Company for a match shall not form part of the proceeds of any Qualifying Round, Semi-Final   or   Promotion Final  ties. The Board of Directors shall determine facility fees payable to clubs, if applicable and the allocation of all income from all commercial activities.

Is what I said ? No crowd income and a neutral venue would mean television money would be eaten up pretty speedily

1 hour ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Is what I said ? No crowd income and a neutral venue would mean television money would be eaten up pretty speedily

So, one option would be, in this unprecedented situation, to agree with BT to do a pay per view option, which would replicate the bums on seats we would expect normally. The clubs would take a cut and BT would take a cut, they get the advertising revenue - so a win/win all round.

• Like 1

Good idea as I suspect many BT football watchers would have been in bars / pubs etc which could still be restricted for patrons.

Interestingly bratfud fans have a Poll on their forum and are are about 80% against regionalisation. Reckon it’s like being relegated having to play us again 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jmc said:

Interestingly bratfud fans have a Poll on their forum and are are about 80% against regionalisation. Reckon it’s like being relegated having to play us again 

Yep, just as it would feel like a promotion for us.

2 hours ago, Jmc said:

I think part of it stems from them having one of the biggest average home attendance records in both EFL1 and EFL 2, in fact they do better than a lot of Championship sides. Based on the work I have done so far I would still expect them to see an improvement in attendances if there was a regional split.

As in the EFL, like the NL, the home team keeps all of the gate money, then moving to an EFL2  North would not threaten their biggest source of income. On their average home figure of approx. 14,000, they get as much in 4 games as we take all season. 

58 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I think part of it stems from them having one of the biggest average home attendance records in both EFL1 and EFL 2, in fact they do better than a lot of Championship sides. Based on the work I have done so far I would still expect them to see an improvement in attendances if there was a regional split.

As in the EFL, like the NL, the home team keeps all of the gate money, then moving to an EFL2  North would not threaten their biggest source of income. On their average home figure of approx. 14,000, they get as much in 4 games as we take all season. 

Plus no over night stays.

12 hours ago, Ash said:

I would expect a statement from the National League today or early next week stating that on the back of the EFL statement, our season end on PPG and Barrow are Champions and the play offs will go ahead in their normal format but perhaps at a neutral venue over the course of a week where all teams are in isolation before the games. Job done.

certainly within the next quarter!

17 hours ago, ITMAN said:

Big club, no money and bang avarage team, they don't like it being in L2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shayite 432 said:

Big club, no money and bang avarage team, they don't like it being in L2

Agree on Big Club, but they, on paper, should have more money than anyone else in EFL2.

They weren't  a big club back in the 60's when we used to play them its only since they were in the premiership and then kept hold of the fans by bribing them  with ludicrously cheap  season tickets. I imagine there season ticket income will only be the same as say Grimsby/Lincoln. Also they don't  make anything from the ground thats why there  always  crying the poor tale.

Anyway they might sell 14000 season tickets  but how many actually turn up.

6 minutes ago, hunsworthhound said:

They weren't  a big club back in the 60's when we used to play them its only since they were in the premiership and then kept hold of the fans by bribing them  with ludicrously cheap  season tickets. I imagine there season ticket income will only be the same as say Grimsby/Lincoln. Also they don't  make anything from the ground thats why there  always  crying the poor tale.

Anyway they might sell 14000 season tickets  but how many actually turn up.

I imagine they never sell 14,000 ST's but that is the average home attendance, so like everyone this is a mixture of ST/Home fans/Away fans. But whichever way you look at it they must have a bigger budget than most clubs. Not owning your ground has no impact on the attendance income only on ancillary services such as catering etc. They will however have to pay rent, but I am not aware of who their landlord is? 

17 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

I imagine they never sell 14,000 ST's but that is the average home attendance, so like everyone this is a mixture of ST/Home fans/Away fans. But whichever way you look at it they must have a bigger budget than most clubs. Not owning your ground has no impact on the attendance income only on ancillary services such as catering etc. They will however have to pay rent, but I am not aware of who their landlord is? 

Gibb. The bloke who owns flamingo land. Valley parade is part of his pension. 

29 minutes ago, Bubba said:

So he will be looking for his pound of flesh. At least for Town their landlord is the local council who will be watching carefully to see what effect any rent demands has on local voters sentiments, hopefully.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:17 PM, ITMAN said:

Agree on Big Club, but they, on paper, should have more money than anyone else in EFL2.

On 5/23/2020 at 2:08 PM, Bubba said:

That's right they are paying him a massive rent Salford have far more money. Even though they can sell 13 000 season tiackets at £149,

Edited by Shayite 432

2 hours ago, Shayite 432 said:

That's right they are paying him a massive rent Salford have far more money. Even though they can sell 13 000 season tiackets at £149,

As season tickets go this is the lowest I have seen yet, £150 equates to £6.52 per game. Half the cost of what we will be paying. How do they do it and stay afloat?

7 hours ago, ITMAN said:

As season tickets go this is the lowest I have seen yet, £150 equates to £6.52 per game. Half the cost of what we will be paying. How do they do it and stay afloat?

Perhaps it balances out through more merchandise sales etc?