Sign in to follow this  
Hxmitch

EFL

18 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Harrogate not hanging about their retain list is out, retained 18. Sam Jones contract mutually terminated

Heard he was offered to us last season

Read an interview with the Harrogate manager saying they should go up with Barrow because they were only 4 points behind. But they were only 3 points I front of 3rd who were absolutely tearing it up because the stopped by the way. Absolute hypocrite 

22 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Problem is if they have a 4 team play off in our league like the efl we would miss out by a place. 

As Ash has said the playoffs refers to the EFL playoffs which are already set up for 4 teams, so my reading is there is no change to the playoff format. In this case as the National League uses a different process for playoffs then we are allowed to continue with the previous format of 6 teams going into the playoffs.

Let's hope we can get the virus under control and get back to football and life in general sometime soon.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greggs said:

Problem is if they have a 4 team play off in our league like the efl we would miss out by a place. 

Why would they have a 4 team play off in our league? We have a 6 team play off 

That appears to be a very fair statement from the EFL as relegation has to happen alongside promotion. It also overrides some of the 'BIG' clubs in League One attempt to jump the play off queue.  St George's here we come.

• Like 3

I'm not sure that's going to work as they think. They say a majority of clubs in each division need to vote in favour. What happens if the Championship and League Two votes in favour of continuing, with promotion and relegation, but League One votes against? Does that mean League One runs with 31 teams next season? Or maybe I missed something?

1 hour ago, Greggs said:

Read an interview with the Harrogate manager saying they should go up with Barrow because they were only 4 points behind. But they were only 3 points I front of 3rd who were absolutely tearing it up because the stopped by the way. Absolute hypocrite 

The Harrogate manager needs to get himself a grass pitch pretty quickly then as the plastic one they have will prevent them from playing in the EFL - under the current regulations.

15 Synthetic or Artificial Grass Surfaces

15.1 No League Matches shall be played on an Artificial Surface.

15.2 Where an Applicant Club (as defined in Regulation 7.1) has a pitch constructed from an Artificial Surface, that Club must ensure that the Artificial Surface is removed and will be replaced by a grass pitch prior to the date on which the Board considers the application for the transfer of membership from the relegated Club to the Applicant Club (as determined in accordance with the Articles of Association).

Guidance

Any Club promoted from the National League must ensure that any Artificial Surface is removed and replaced by a grass pitch prior to their first game in the League – see Regulation 7.1.5.

Edited by ITMAN
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

The Harrogate manager needs to get himself a grass pitch pretty quickly then as the plastic one they have will prevent them from playing in the EFL - under the current regulations.

15 Synthetic or Artificial Grass Surfaces

15.1 No League Matches shall be played on an Artificial Surface.

15.2 Where an Applicant Club (as defined in Regulation 7.1) has a pitch constructed from an Artificial Surface, that Club must ensure that the Artificial Surface is removed and will be replaced by a grass pitch prior to the date on which the Board considers the application for the transfer of membership from the relegated Club to the Applicant Club (as determined in accordance with the Articles of Association).

Guidance

Any Club promoted from the National League must ensure that any Artificial Surface is removed and replaced by a grass pitch prior to their first game in the League – see Regulation 7.1.5.

Sure I read somewhere that they're more than aware of the fact that they'd need to rip the pitch up and have pre-arranged for how they'll sort it just in case they find themselves in League 2 next season

They are all set to go with that, 2 options they have are dig up the 3g one or put the grass one on top of the 3g. They are inside the timescale needed

According to Lee Power Swindon chairman unless they get some help 30 to 40% of League 1 and 2 won't survive to kick off again. I think that the power in the EFL has gone from the players to the clubs and a lot of players are seriously going to have to think of cutting their income if they want to remain professional footballers.

If they EFL clubs vote to accept the framework put forward then apart from 1 question around relegation from EFL2 the following should happen:

Championship - 3 up 3 down (number of clubs 24)

EFL Div 1 - 3 up 3 down (normally 4, Bury replaced by a club from EFL2) (number of clubs 24)

EFL Div 2- 4 up 2 down (number of clubs 21)

This would require either 3 clubs to come up from the NL or only 1 gets relegated with 2 coming up from the NL. This would potentially require the top 2 teams to gain automatic promotion with a play off then between the clubs in 3-6th position. (Notts County, Yeovil, Borehamwood and Halifax) Halifax would play Notts County in the semi-final. 

If we have no promotion from NL North and South then NL runs with 23 teams for 1920-21 season

Any problems with that or have I missed something?

I think it was ITMAN who posted an excerpt from the FA Rulebook a few weeks ago - the wording in that implied that because of Bury's expulsion being for non-footballing reasons (ie, normal relegation) that an additional team would be required on top of the normal promotions. That would make it whether they do 3 down and 4 up between L1/2 or the normal 4 down and promote an extra 5th from L2, that would make it 3 up from the NL. Personally I would do 5 up from L2 and 3 up from NL, with 4 down from L1 and 2 down from L2.

35 minutes ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Only one down from Div 2 because of Bury. 2 up from NL as normal.

That won't correct the imbalance in EFL1 unless you promote 4 clubs, as normal, and relegate 3 from EFL2, one off situation. 

If they do that then it leaves EFL2 with 23 clubs. If they then relegate Stevenage they will then only have 22 teams. So it would need 2 teams from the NL, as normal. However, if the idea is to maintain the normal promotion/relegation positions then there should still be 2 coming down from from EFL2 to the NL, as the correction for the EFL was made by reducing the number relegated from EFL1 to EFL2.

Sorry this may have already been said RE EFL Playoffs and National League Playoffs

Both sets only include 5 Games so it's no extra games to be played and just 2 extra teams and venues.

But if premier league can play in at least 6 neutral venues this should be easy

3 hours ago, Kay Shay-ra Shay-Ra said:

Sorry this may have already been said RE EFL Playoffs and National League Playoffs

Both sets only include 5 Games so it's no extra games to be played and just 2 extra teams and venues.

But if premier league can play in at least 6 neutral venues this should be easy

Only the National League can determine how many teams enter the playoffs for promotion to EFL2 if any are required, i.e. the teams in the National League vote to hold playoffs. THe EFL have no authority to change this.

I would expect a statement from the National League today or early next week stating that on the back of the EFL statement, our season end on PPG and Barrow are Champions and the play offs will go ahead in their normal format but perhaps at a neutral venue over the course of a week where all teams are in isolation before the games. Job done.

6 minutes ago, Ash said:

I would expect a statement from the National League today or early next week stating that on the back of the EFL statement, our season end on PPG and Barrow are Champions and the play offs will go ahead in their normal format but perhaps at a neutral venue over the course of a week where all teams are in isolation before the games. Job done.

Let's hope that's the case and hope we can watch it on live stream

11 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

Let's hope that's the case and hope we can watch it on live stream

Cant wait to watch it in the Star, oh....