Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 Read that the EFL don’t envisage crowds being allowed in grounds until 2021. 
How can F C Halifax survive without income until next year?

Is it possible we have seen the last match The Shaymen play at the shay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

 Read that the EFL don’t envisage crowds being allowed in grounds until 2021. 
How can F C Halifax survive without income until next year?

Is it possible we have seen the last match The Shaymen play at the shay

 No , same for every club we’re all in the same boat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staff furloughed so no outgoings otherthan rent. Or am I so far wide of the mark? 

Would Mr B do the unthinkable and help plug that rent gap? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I certainly hope not.

It's still early days yet and we don't kook w where we stand as far as this season goes yet, never mind 2021.

A good issue to raise though because it'll soon come around and this virus is t for shifting at the moment.

I did say a bit back that I felt by the end of May we'd see some form of release from lockdown. I still think that'll be the case. 

But as far football goes, I think we're looking at behind closed doors until later in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Staff furloughed so no outgoings otherthan rent. Or am I so far wide of the mark? 

Would Mr B do the unthinkable and help plug that rent gap? 

Isn't the rent suspended whilst the east stand is being used for other things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If no crowds are allowed and The Shay is currently being used for other things, then surely we will opt to play our home games at our training complex and thus won't be paying rent on a ground that won't be used? (All hypothetical obviously)

I don't know for sure, however would assume we (And Fax) are currently not being expected to pay rent considering the Council have said we can't use the ground currently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems surprising how few companies understand the principle of mothballing to protect all your assets . If you lower your outgoings to the bare minimum you should be able to weather the storm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My concern is if the leagues start up again with the view to play matches behind closed doors, how can we afford to pay the players wages.
If leagues don’t start till spring 2021, players have to survive 12 months without pay and the uncertainties of not having a club to play for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hxmitch said:

My concern is if the leagues start up again with the view to play matches behind closed doors, how can we afford to pay the players wages.
If leagues don’t start till spring 2021, players have to survive 12 months without pay and the uncertainties of not having a club to play for.

Contract have expired players can do what they choose'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

playing behind closed doors at this level is not possible, if you have the overheads of players wages and backroom staff but no income. It will be interesting to see what they come up with at the NL and the EFL. During my trawling around the internet for info regarding attendances etc I have seen a few articles saying that the EFL is considering a move to regionalied divisions as one of their options. When you look at the poor attendances at the bottom of EFL2 then it is unlikely any of the would survive playing behind closed doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

playing behind closed doors at this level is not possible, if you have the overheads of players wages and backroom staff but no income. It will be interesting to see what they come up with at the NL and the EFL. During my trawling around the internet for info regarding attendances etc I have seen a few articles saying that the EFL is considering a move to regionalied divisions as one of their options. When you look at the poor attendances at the bottom of EFL2 then it is unlikely any of the would survive playing behind closed doors.

So did I but they did not include the national, so if that happens surely somehow National, North & South will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in the examiner last week , thinking being more didn’t want fans travelling all over the country spreading the virus , however regionalised leagues would mean less travelling but note people attending , mm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The EFL will look after their own, what's left of them, by regionalising Leagues One and Two. They don't need us for that scenario and tbh they would probably be happy if they didn't have to have relegation from League Two. 

This is what happens when you have three different owners/sponsors(?) across the leagues. It was so much easier when it was the Football League and Non League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way we will get involved in an EFL reshuffle is if so many EFL clubs go to the wall due to this virus and they have to come cherry pick some conference clubs to fill the gaps.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Staff furloughed so no outgoings otherthan rent. Or am I so far wide of the mark? 

Would Mr B do the unthinkable and help plug that rent gap? 

I presume it could hit players more than most as if contracts have expired, very few clubs will be offering new contracts at the moment until the way forward is clear

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

I presume it could hit players more than most as if contracts have expired, very few clubs will be offering new contracts at the moment until the way forward is clear

There might be some interesting pub teams come the resumption of playing, if the "professionals" have no one to play for.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaymen2008 said:

The EFL will look after their own, what's left of them, by regionalising Leagues One and Two. They don't need us for that scenario and tbh they would probably be happy if they didn't have to have relegation from League Two. 

This is what happens when you have three different owners/sponsors(?) across the leagues. It was so much easier when it was the Football League and Non League.

Just a thought...

What the EFL have to take into account is that the NL is a feeder league into their organisation. So any impact assessment should account for the benefits and negatives of combining the strengths and weaknesses of each league in order to achieve keeping as many clubs in existence as possible. It is obvious from the various sources out there that the EFL are seriously considering the move to regionalised formats, so far we have considered North and South, we could add in North, East and West, which would probably be more representative if the primary aim was to reduce travelling and increase attendances, after all Dover to Yeovil (202 miles) or Notts County (204 miles) is still the same. So to make this viable they need a bigger pool of teams and should look to include the NL with both EFL Div's. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“The bottom team in the Premier League gets £96m and another £93m parachute payments over three seasons.

“In the Championship teams get £7m, in League One £1.5m and in League Two £1m.

“That is a disproportionate flow of cash that needs to be corrected and there is no better time than now.”

FCHT  only dream of such riches !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That would be a good idea. I had wondered if quite a few clubs folded, and I hope they don't, that the EFL might include the NL Premiere in their regionalising without the need to go over the amount of teams in Leagues One and Two now. I hadn't considered adding East and West to the equation.

The other problem would be convincing the Championship to relegate four clubs unless you hold a knockout competition with the winners of the four regional leagues ie Both v South and East v West, the winners promoted then the losers play off and the winners make the third spot.

 

Edited by Shaymen2008
updated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chrisbo61 said:

The government has said that no business will suffer! BJ to the rescue!

Rugby league now being helped by the Government , 1.6 million in loans and are being treated as a special case as they dont want to wipe the game out as it's a mainly Northern sport or something along them lines.

1.6 million still won't cover Blue Frocks rent arrears.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, monk said:

Rugby league now being helped by the Government , 1.6 million in loans and are being treated as a special case as they dont want to wipe the game out as it's a mainly Northern sport or something along them lines.

1.6 million still won't cover Blue Frocks rent arrears.

16 million not 1.6. Let’s hope National League receive similar offer of loans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hxmitch said:

16 million not 1.6. Let’s hope National League receive similar offer of loans.

Not unless we form part of the "red wall". A lot of the RL towns or areas have just gone blue so it is a very under the radar way of the gov. getting lots of cheap good publicity.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...