Remember a few faces here but can't put names to them.the lad Standing up against the van was a gobby sod always singing the aggro songs .remember Hartlepool game and they brought a good few one of there fans ran across the pitch towards the skircoat .that town fan was giving it loads till he reached halfway Then he was off  running to the back of the shed I can still see the scared look On his face.

12 hours ago, Skircoat Shed Archive said:

Before the home match vs Brentford 21/08/1976. I recognise Ju Bailey & Pete Faulkner. Does anybody know the others? Kit, I think you may have taken the photo.

194459217_BournemouthH21-08-76.thumb.jpg.4bd8e232b99f9484ef21869398a57bba.jpg

L to R.

Ju Bailey, Dave Jones, Jimmy Srewart, Martin Jessop R.I.P., not sure, Pete Faulkner, Charlie ?.

Lad in waistcoat is Ian Leedham, looks like Pete Keene in front of him. Not sure who others are. Could be Gaz Wilby sat on ground in front of Martin Jessop.

Edited by Shaytrev
  • Like 1

Trev's got them all correct that he named. "Charlie" is Keith Charlesworth, I think. Don't know the missing names myself, and yes I did take the photo.

I think the campervan was the one used by Mabel and Flash.

Edited by kit

Not friends with any of these but Remember a few of these at the Ipswich away game and also the Halifax rlfc match against Leeds at odsal when town fans took the bus .what happened others will tell but we had some handy lads in them days.

5 hours ago, kit said:

Trev's got them all correct that he named. "Charlie" is Keith Charlesworth, I think. Don't know the missing names myself, and yes I did take the photo.

Flash by name, Flash by nature.

I went to school with Pete Faulkner at Queens Road Primary probably around 1964. He had a mate called Steve Brearley and they both bullied me, following me home and calling me names etc, till one day I turned round and punched Steve Brearley in the mush, he was the biggest of the 2. After that we were very good friends til I left and moved onto Deanfield Primary when we moved to Illingworth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, ITMAN said:

I went to school with Pete Faulkner at Queens Road Primary probably around 1964. He had a mate called Steve Brearley and they both bullied me, following me home and calling me names etc, till one day I turned round and punched Steve Brearley in the mush, he was the biggest of the 2. After that we were very good friends til I left and moved onto Deanfield Primary when we moved to Illingworth. 

So the moral of the story is if you are being bullied then get stuck in , it will hurt just as much but you will gain respect .

I told my kids and my grandkids if somebody is bullying you then have a go back and see what happens .

My mate was being bullied at school because he was overweight , a few of the years above targeted him at playtime ,his head was ****ed he went home crying to his mother every  night , I decided enough was enough , then at the old bus station across from Tiffany's  they turned up and started poking his belly , I took them all on and got my head kicked in , my mate join in and ended up the same way , but I landed and the ringleader ended up with a black eye , never came near us again .

So to go back , stand up for yourself and don't let the bullies win.

15 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

@gilly hope he’s aware of this and can put a case for the defence..:o

9 minutes ago, monk said:

So the moral of the story is if you are being bullied then get stuck in , it will hurt just as much but you will gain respect .

I told my kids and my grandkids if somebody is bullying you then have a go back and see what happens .

My mate was being bullied at school because he was overweight , a few of the years above targeted him at playtime ,his head was ****ed he went home crying to his mother every  night , I decided enough was enough , then at the old bus station across from Tiffany's  they turned up and started poking his belly , I took them all on and got my head kicked in , my mate join in and ended up the same way , but I landed and the ringleader ended up with a black eye , never came near us again .

So to go back , stand up for yourself and don't let the bullies win.

Monk, you are spot on. We did the same with the kids when I was a judo instructor, we told them that if they ended up in a situation with a gang of bullies, that wherepossible they should try to run away in the first instance, but if they could not get away then pick the biggest bully and go for them, it' surprising how many bullies are cowards really.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ITMAN said:

Monk, you are spot on. We did the same with the kids when I was a judo instructor, we told them that if they ended up in a situation with a gang of bullies, that wherepossible they should try to run away in the first instance, but if they could not get away then pick the biggest bully and go for them, it' surprising how many bullies are cowards really.

That's all I did , target the ringleader , I hate reading stories of suicide due to being bullied at School.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, kit said:

Correction, it's Ken Charlesworth.

I'm reliably informed that the game is Bournemouth, not Brentford, the cream coloured Cortina belonged to Nigel Brown, the Renault is secretary David Holland's, and the red Cortina GT is probably Mick Leonard's dad's!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Shaymus said:

I'm reliably informed that the game is Bournemouth, not Brentford, the cream coloured Cortina belonged to Nigel Brown, the Renault is secretary David Holland's, and the red Cortina GT is probably Mick Leonard's dad's!

Comedy gold 

4 hours ago, Shaymus said:

How can you folk remember all this stuff, I can't even remember who scored for Town in their last match!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, kit said:

Yes, it was the Bournemouth match. Didn't realise your records included car park listings!

Was that the night we got as far as Rotherham before the entire crew on the Coach ended up in the Police Cells?