Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shaykehands

Are we in a better state than most?

Recommended Posts

With so much unpredictable at the moment is the club in a better position than others?

1. Season tickets - Large percentage of home attendance took up the offer.  Advanced monies up front already banked

2. Other revenue streams - We dont directly benefit from wider use of the Ground facilities during non-match days compared to some other clubs who'll budget for it

3. Remaining home games - only 3 albeit Barrow (1000) & Wrexham (500) would have increased the gate receipts as could playoffs but not guaranteed

4.  Remaining away games - 6 and the expenses incurred particularly travel to Eastleigh

5. Contracts - Only 5 contracted players for next season.  Allows the club an element of flex in negotiating other contracts once we know what the new season will look like.

Theres probably more but ive got to to work.  Doesnt look like @eddieis delivering my breakfast.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shaykehands said:

With so much unpredictable at the moment is the club in a better position than others?

1. Season tickets - Large percentage of home attendance took up the offer.  Advanced monies up front already banked

2. Other revenue streams - We dont directly benefit from wider use of the Ground facilities during non-match days compared to some other clubs who'll budget for it

3. Remaining home games - only 3 albeit Barrow (1000) & Wrexham (500) would have increased the gate receipts as could playoffs but not guaranteed

4.  Remaining away games - 6 and the expenses incurred particularly travel to Eastleigh

5. Contracts - Only 5 contracted players for next season.  Allows the club an element of flex in negotiating other contracts once we know what the new season will look like.

Theres probably more but ive got to to work.  Doesnt look like @eddieis delivering my breakfast.

Think you are right on that, we will have to see! I would assume the council will have come to some kind of deal re the rent ,with both football and rugby clubs.

The difficulty I see is the getting back to normal part of it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would suggest yes and think we’re better prepared to survive the coming few months more than other clubs , who knows they may merge conf with div 2 and have some kind of northern league split 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jmc said:

I would suggest yes and think we’re better prepared to survive the coming few months more than other clubs , who knows they may merge conf with div 2 and have some kind of northern league split 

That would be the best outcome for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They would never agree a merger .. league two want to be div 1 

League  1 want to be the championship etc 

more logical for football is merge and regionalise  league one and two and let the non league sink or swim 

nick 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick said:

They would never agree a merger .. league two want to be div 1 

League  1 want to be the championship etc 

more logical for football is merge and regionalise  league one and two and let the non league sink or swim 

nick 

Unfortunately that would be the likely senario. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regional football should be the way forward. This would increase attendances home and away and allow supporters to travel away midweek. Local derbies would generate far more interest for the potential/floating spectator. Reduce the club’s travelling expenditure and eliminate overnight stays. As a golden oldie I fondly remember the old third division north and hardly ever missed a match (home and away) This pandemic has just shown how precarious football clubs finances are

Remember early on in the season when contributors to this board were urging the club to blow the budget and go for promotion. Whilst some including myself advocated restraint and supported the BOD to balance the books. Thank you BD times may be hard but they could have been a lot worse

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Bill Atkins said:

Regional football should be the way forward. This would increase attendances home and away and allow supporters to travel away midweek. Local derbies would generate far more interest for the potential/floating spectator. Reduce the club’s travelling expenditure and eliminate overnight stays. As a golden oldie I fondly remember the old third division north and hardly ever missed a match (home and away) This pandemic has just shown how precarious football clubs finances are

Remember early on in the season when contributors to this board were urging the club to blow the budget and go for promotion. Whilst some including myself advocated restraint and supported the BOD to balance the books. Thank you BD times may be hard but they could have been a lot worse

Totally agree with this Bill. It would be a really exciting prospect to go to nearly every away game as well as home games due to less distance to travel.

 Also, if there is no relegation from Div 2 (or even Div 1) the due parachute payments could be used towards financing a Div 2 North and South. I also think we could attract more players to Halifax as we are seen to be a prudently run club and, even though we pay smaller ( more realistic wages), players know they will get paid if they come to us. This could be a good time to put up the proverbial '2 fingers' to unscrupulous blood sucking agents as there will no longer be so many clubs falling over each other (potentially risking going bust in the process) to pay inflated wages to ordinary players. It would be goodbye to the parasites of football.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd much prefer regional, whether it be "league two north" or "conf national north". The games against teams like Eastleigh and Boreham Wood do absolutely nothing for me and I usually avoid them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't EFL a much more well funded body so why would it want to share its scarce finances with a much more  impoverished National league body ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eddies mate said:

Why ? you never go further than Stockport..B)

 Cheeky ****, gonna miss my overnight London trips lol 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love a division 2 north and south but can not see this happening. If divisions 1 and 2 merged on a north south divide then allowed two teams to be demoted from each league as is with league 2 at present thus allowing 4 teams to be promoted it would give the national conf. a big boost and also help our chances !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shearings would be upset by losing out on the annual bonus from the trip to Torquay!

When we played Orient away a few of us had a weekend in London which was great fun.

We had thought about going to Hartlepool this season but it wouldn't have been quite the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hands Off The Shay said:

Shearings would be upset by losing out on the annual bonus from the trip to Torquay!

When we played Orient away a few of us had a weekend in London which was great fun.

We had thought about going to Hartlepool this season but it wouldn't have been quite the same.

Depends if Chelsea Ferguson was home

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another outgoing we have lost (or should be losing) is the rent owed on the stadium. I would assume we (and Fax) will not be paying for the minimum of 3 months since The Shay is out of bounds being used for other things.

We always *seemed* to run a very tight ship financially. Things may be difficult when football returns but I hope we will be in a better position to cope than most when it does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, shaykehands said:

With so much unpredictable at the moment is the club in a better position than others?

1. Season tickets - Large percentage of home attendance took up the offer.  Advanced monies up front already banked

2. Other revenue streams - We dont directly benefit from wider use of the Ground facilities during non-match days compared to some other clubs who'll budget for it

3. Remaining home games - only 3 albeit Barrow (1000) & Wrexham (500) would have increased the gate receipts as could playoffs but not guaranteed

4.  Remaining away games - 6 and the expenses incurred particularly travel to Eastleigh

5. Contracts - Only 5 contracted players for next season.  Allows the club an element of flex in negotiating other contracts once we know what the new season will look like.

Theres probably more but ive got to to work.  Doesnt look like @eddieis delivering my breakfast.

Yes, better off than most. If you're bankrolled by an incredibly wealthy owner then you've nothing to worry about. 

If you have a solid fanbase then in theory you should be OK. 

If your Chairman runs a tight ship then you'll be fine. 

Not many teams that can tick one of those boxes in our league. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
13 hours ago, Bill Atkins said:

Regional football should be the way forward. This would increase attendances home and away and allow supporters to travel away midweek. Local derbies would generate far more interest for the potential/floating spectator. Reduce the club’s travelling expenditure and eliminate overnight stays. As a golden oldie I fondly remember the old third division north and hardly ever missed a match (home and away) This pandemic has just shown how precarious football clubs finances are

Remember early on in the season when contributors to this board were urging the club to blow the budget and go for promotion. Whilst some including myself advocated restraint and supported the BOD to balance the books. Thank you BD times may be hard but they could have been a lot worse

Spot on Bill. The Bod deserve immense credit for how they have run the club. I’m glad they didn’t bow to fan pressure and spend unnecessary amounts of money to get promotion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...