Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Lanzarote

My song for the day, What's yours? Day17

Recommended Posts

I remember my first introduction to Buddy Holly was through a tribute act at Crosskeys club, shortly after it re opened as I'll Ingworth RLFC. Was my local at the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

I'm currently getting one or the other of these and don't know what I did a few days ago to get PASTE

Screenshot_2020-04-23-10-56-53.png

Screenshot_2020-04-23-10-57-40.png

Ok so ,if you are using youtube click share and the option to copy link, then in the shaymen.net reply box press the screen and paste should pop up, click that and hopefully bingo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Erik Everhard said:

Another record by a woman. Well, her husband and a few others played on it too......... 

 

The best woman in music has got to be Debbie Harry. 

All the pervy advances! Now that is character building and punk.  (If you could call them that! ) 

Still a strong woman though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

The best woman in music has got to be Debbie Harry. 

All the pervy advances! Now that is character building and punk.  (If you could call them that! ) 

Still a strong woman though. 

Some would say Patti Smith. That's another artist I could post some of her tracks. 

I'm enjoying posting music on here and it's something to do each day. Another thing on the agenda. 

Forgot to say that Blondie were ace. Much better before the drugs took hold of them. Her ex hubby nearly died too. Can't remember his name played guitar in Blondie.

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Some would say Patti Smith. That's another artist I could post some of her tracks. 

I'm enjoying posting music on here and it's something to do each day. Another thing on the agenda. 

Forgot to say that Blondie were ace. Much better before the drugs took hold of them. Her ex hubby nearly died too. Can't remember his name played guitar in Blondie.

She was with the guitarist Chris Stein, on and off. 

Im enjoying the music too and the club could look at this for matchday playlists!!! Haha. We need more pop. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

She was with the guitarist Chris Stein, on and off. 

Im enjoying the music too and the club could look at this for matchday playlists!!! Haha. We need more pop. 

I was listening to Radio 4 tonight (not the band the radio station) and they had a German scientist on talking about their slow release from lockdown. 

They explained why schools were going back and the time frame etc. 

But he said the very last thing to go back to normal would be huge gatherings such as football matches. He was talking about the big sides like the two Munich clubs etc. 

He was honest when he said he had absolutely no idea when football would stay up again. 

Me and my mate joked tonight that it won't hit Town and we'll be fine. Being a Town fan I've head them all before. 

But as far the Premier League goes, they could probably get away with not having any crowds watching the game. Such is the amount they receive from SKY. 

But Championship downwards and its poking very bleak. 

So my rather longwinded point is it could be quite a while before we hear any music and more importantly, see any football down the Shay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I was listening to Radio 4 tonight (not the band the radio station) and they had a German scientist on talking about their slow release from lockdown. 

They explained why schools were going back and the time frame etc. 

But he said the very last thing to go back to normal would be huge gatherings such as football matches. He was talking about the big sides like the two Munich clubs etc. 

He was honest when he said he had absolutely no idea when football would stay up again. 

Me and my mate joked tonight that it won't hit Town and we'll be fine. Being a Town fan I've head them all before. 

But as far the Premier League goes, they could probably get away with not having any crowds watching the game. Such is the amount they receive from SKY. 

But Championship downwards and its poking very bleak. 

So my rather longwinded point is it could be quite a while before we hear any music and more importantly, see any football down the Shay. 

It's not as if schools are large gatherings with a risk of it circulating undetected and passing on to multiple friends and relations . At least it's more noticeably detectable amongst adults so statistically adult gatherings should be safer than juvenile gatherings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilder Bollox said:

It's not as if schools are large gatherings with a risk of it circulating undetected and passing on to multiple friends and relations . At least it's more noticeably detectable amongst adults so statistically adult gatherings should be safer than juvenile gatherings

It's Germany we're talking about, though. They ha e a rigerous tasting policy in place so they can close down affected schools or areas as soon as needed. 

I listened to a German scientist on Radio 4 who said, as others have said, a learning curve for everyone. 

It's a case of let's see how Germany goes and if it works we need to try and copy their system as much as possible. 

It does help that they're are the 3rd best economy in the world but a country like ours could still follow their lead. If it works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

I was listening to Radio 4 tonight (not the band the radio station) and they had a German scientist on talking about their slow release from lockdown. 

They explained why schools were going back and the time frame etc. 

But he said the very last thing to go back to normal would be huge gatherings such as football matches. He was talking about the big sides like the two Munich clubs etc. 

He was honest when he said he had absolutely no idea when football would stay up again. 

Me and my mate joked tonight that it won't hit Town and we'll be fine. Being a Town fan I've head them all before. 

But as far the Premier League goes, they could probably get away with not having any crowds watching the game. Such is the amount they receive from SKY. 

But Championship downwards and its poking very bleak. 

So my rather longwinded point is it could be quite a while before we hear any music and more importantly, see any football down the Shay. 

Thought they announced Bundesliga back on May 9th, not sure if closed doors though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Thought they announced Bundesliga back on May 9th, not sure if closed doors though

Probably behind closed doors, just to get their season finished. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...