• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Whatever method they decide to use, if any, Town are 6th in all tables. If you use my method, which is if you have an x in your name and the team plays its home games in England you win the leagu

The problem with this is that in the current climate, to take emergency personal away from the front line for football would be simply stupid and irresponsible.  We cant have behind closed doors

Bubba, I have posted on another topic about what I would see as possibly the fairest way, and in the long term most practical solution, to resolve this. Scrap the season, merge EFL Div 2 with National

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

FC Cologne have returned to training and 3 people have tested positive for Covid-19 and are now self isolating for 14 days! Seems we have been here before, why are players being forced back to soon. 

Money

On 5/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Papa Lazarou said:

FC Cologne have returned to training and 3 people have tested positive for Covid-19 and are now self isolating for 14 days! Seems we have been here before, why are players being forced back to soon. 

Germany released their lockdown too early. 

As their scientists have said there's no right and wrong way out of all this and some countries will have to take an educated gamble and see if it works. If it does then other countries will follow. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
56 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

After the news of today's meeting of the National League it seems as though they are waiting for the EFL to make a decision! Somebody somewhere is going to have to make a decision on something soon. 

Surprise surprise not a back bone between them.:blush:

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

After the news of today's meeting of the National League it seems as though they are waiting for the EFL to make a decision! Somebody somewhere is going to have to make a decision on something soon. 

They has got to be a cut off date at some point regards playoffs if the new season is to start in August.

I know what you mean, a decision needs to be made though they are still many losing their lives....

reading BBC news regards the urgency for Premier league clubs to restart the league citing money is laughable, you would think the Premier league is the only and most affected league in England.

They won’t be the clubs going bust!

In fairness, they can't really make a decision until the FL do. If the FL says "season is null and void, no promotion or relegation" then that makes the National Conference's decision moot. They could, I suppose, say "okay, if the FL allow 2 teams up, we'll do this, and if they allow 1 up then we'll do this," but they probably don't want to make plans for only 1 up in case that tips the FL's hand.

• Like 2
On 5/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Papa Lazarou said:

Stupid people!! They cant be forced back, nobody can. And until science proves that it's safe then nobody should do anything against their will.

The way I see it, the whole thing needs to just be scrapped.

Leagues below us have already said its being null and void, with some teams (at least one anyway) already having done enough to be promoted - and they now have to restart next season, whenever that is, back in their current league. 

One of the good things about our football pyramid is that for many years it was the same rules for those at the top right down to the bottom. Var wasn't liked by many (myself included) due to the fact that it changed the rules to a degree between the rich and top teams, and the poor and lower league/NL ones. 

How we can say that we give one team a promotion on an incomplete season (Hypothetically Barrow) when they haven't mathematically done enough to be promoted, yet at the same time say a club that has won their league can't go up, and try push that as fair is beyond me. 

We will lose out in this as we should have a playoff shot under our current position. However, I believe in consistency and as leagues below us have been scrapped and every league is connected to a feeder league, I think we need to keep that call going.

If we were told "Halifax are in a playoff, they will play Boreham Wood in 5 weeks time" how the hell do we plan for that? Do fans get to go, who hosts the game, do we have medical staff - and what about the players? Many contracts expired at the end of the month and my understanding is neither club could field 11 players each, never mind subs. Do we keep out of contract players for a potential playoff that may or may not come - or can we recruit other out of contract players now etc... 

Its just too much of a mess and the virus is still too much of a danger that this mess is nowhere near going to be sorted any time soon. 

The FL and the EPL are as usual looking after themselves and saying to hell to everyone else. Sooner or later people are going to start sticking two fingers up to this bloated mess as I can't see many fans being won at present. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Flea said:

The way I see it, the whole thing needs to just be scrapped.

Leagues below us have already said its being null and void, with some teams (at least one anyway) already having done enough to be promoted - and they now have to restart next season, whenever that is, back in their current league. 

One of the good things about our football pyramid is that for many years it was the same rules for those at the top right down to the bottom. Var wasn't liked by many (myself included) due to the fact that it changed the rules to a degree between the rich and top teams, and the poor and lower league/NL ones. 

How we can say that we give one team a promotion on an incomplete season (Hypothetically Barrow) when they haven't mathematically done enough to be promoted, yet at the same time say a club that has won their league can't go up, and try push that as fair is beyond me. 

We will lose out in this as we should have a playoff shot under our current position. However, I believe in consistency and as leagues below us have been scrapped and every league is connected to a feeder league, I think we need to keep that call going.

If we were told "Halifax are in a playoff, they will play Boreham Wood in 5 weeks time" how the hell do we plan for that? Do fans get to go, who hosts the game, do we have medical staff - and what about the players? Many contracts expired at the end of the month and my understanding is neither club could field 11 players each, never mind subs. Do we keep out of contract players for a potential playoff that may or may not come - or can we recruit other out of contract players now etc... 

Its just too much of a mess and the virus is still too much of a danger that this mess is nowhere near going to be sorted any time soon. 

The FL and the EPL are as usual looking after themselves and saying to hell to everyone else. Sooner or later people are going to start sticking two fingers up to this bloated mess as I can't see many fans being won at present. 

Agree with that to be honest, the time has come for this to happen at all levels of football. 

46 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

In fairness, they can't really make a decision until the FL do. If the FL says "season is null and void, no promotion or relegation" then that makes the National Conference's decision moot. They could, I suppose, say "okay, if the FL allow 2 teams up, we'll do this, and if they allow 1 up then we'll do this," but they probably don't want to make plans for only 1 up in case that tips the FL's hand.

When you get efl teams announcing who they are retaining think its cambridge it says a decision has already been made 

I see in the midst of all this that Macc have lost another 7 points. They will definitely want it all scrapped, although they seem financially cream-crackered anyway.

See Solihull have released of a lot of good players who I’d hope we would be looking at. One being Jamie Reckford. 

Another target man in Nathan Blissett who always looked good against us and at Macclesfield. 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

See Solihull have released of a lot of good players who I’d hope we would be looking at. One being Jamie Reckford. 

Another target man in Nathan Blissett who always looked good against us and at Macclesfield. 

Reckford has looked really good in games against us, Wilde will know him from his Oldham days. I will say it is only based on the games against us. 

20 minutes ago, TJAshton said:

This just tells you the season can't end properly if teams are letting players go 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Reckford has looked really good in games against us, Wilde will know him from his Oldham days. I will say it is only based on the games against us. 

Always liked reckford. Solihull fans aren’t happy they’re letting him go but I’d happily take him. 

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Such a supporter and can't spell the managers name.:lol:

5 minutes ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Such a supporter and can't spell the managers name.:lol:

Just preparing for the return of Michael Wilde. Maybe we can get him in soon and then we will have a left back for the play offs? 

Edited by Papa Lazarou

I still think one of the best solutions to sort out the Promotion / Relegation problem was suggested on these threads by one of our contributors. Scarp all cup competitions next season and extend the next season by however many games each team had left, i.e. we had nine. Start all the teams from their current positions and points totals ant then it's up to every team to go hell for leather given the extraordinary circumstances. It wouldn't really matter about the contracts etc, the transferring of players or whatever, obviously some players might view signing for Barrow or Harrogate a better proposition than say Fylde or Chorley, but when you look at how teams fortunes change very quickly it might make for very interesting viewing. Plus, we get to use our remaining tickets!!

3 hours ago, TJAshton said:

Was offered to us and we turned it down due to outrageous wage demands, somewhere in the region of 3K a week!!!