Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Roy Race

Swalesmoor Development

1 hour ago, Roy Race said:

The council objected to the incinerator, the developers appealed, the council chucked money at it & lost & are now reluctant to go head to head with big business on similar issues e.g. The Leo Group, even if they want to, they seem to be happy to become the recycling dumping ground for all & sundry. Don't mind us shovelling our own crap but why import everyone else's.

Have you considered going down the Extinction Rebelion route and glue your nipples to the new incinerater?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Have you considered going down the Extinction Rebelion route and glue your nipples to the new incinerater?

Nah, Extinction Rebellion would put on a flash mob play with some stupid surreal and abstract dance with a kit kat representing the Leo group and a sponge as the sun that melted the chocolate away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Nah, Extinction Rebellion would put on a flash mob play with some stupid surreal and abstract dance with a kit kat representing the Leo group and a sponge as the sun that melted the chocolate away. 

Ironically........................ 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Icke's Lizard said:

Screenshot_20200421-084331_Google.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

The two strongest options would be

A ) less generators and shorter operating times (say restricted to a maximum of 4 hours per day)

B ) request the application be deferred to allow the numerous schools that will be affected to fully assess the plans (and get Greta thingyburger on board)

Will possibly do so but a couple of objectors never win the day.

8 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

No but quite a few tits on here could do.

Doesn't appear to have caused much concern so not going to flog a dead horse but if there are any Shaymen out there with concerns this is the last day to lodge any opposition, its on the Calderdale planning portal. The objections lodged give a concise version of the issues rather than dredge through the 59 pages of the application. Just a thought if this goes ahead it will be with us for 30yrs or more. Stay safe Shaymen.

1 hour ago, Bill Atkins said:

Would thought your best bet would be the Shibden Valley Society who appear to object to any development near or in the valley

Have done but the issues are more far reaching than just the Shibden Valley as I pointed out in my earlier posts, if no one has any problem with it that's their prerogative, I have given a heads up job done.

4 minutes ago, Roy Race said:

Have done but the issues are more far reaching than just the Shibden Valley as I pointed out in my earlier posts, if no one has any problem with it that's their prerogative, I have given a heads up job done.

I live too far away, any objection would go straight in the bin . That's the unfortunate facts of the planning system and why someone at Swalesmoor can get away with just about anything while if I made the same application it wouldn't pass phase one . Looked at phone masts 20 years ago and the companies were keen until they had preliminary talks with Calderdale who gave them a flat NO !