World Cup Of Halifax Pubs.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big Six surely worth a nomination? 

If the winning pub is still standing at the end of this then I think everyone should make it their first pit stop when doors re-open  

Bloody hell, im desperate for a pint!  

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

In the 70s after the local pubs shut on a sat night a group of us to go to Lee house for some afters.

A regular Sunday evening spot, walk up from Shibden call in there, The Sportsman, Starving Rascal & The Red Lion all at Ploughcroft 

• Like 1

The two Commercials, one at Illingworth and one at Skircoat Green. The Falcon at Salterhebble. The "Rat" in Greetland, not sure of real name @Bubba. The Shears at West Vale and of course The Shay Hotel my regular for many years.

1 hour ago, Papa Lazarou said:

A regular Sunday evening spot, walk up from Shibden call in there, The Sportsman, Starving Rascal & The Red Lion all at Ploughcroft 

Starving rascal, I no the name well but I can’t place where it was ? .

2 hours ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Just up the road from The Sportsman and Red Lion heading towards the old mink farm. 

I can remember when the animal rights protestees broke in and set them all free, mot realising what nasty little creatures they are. They were eating pet rabbits and all sorts. 

10 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

I can remember when the animal rights protestees broke in and set them all free, mot realising what nasty little creatures they are. They were eating pet rabbits and all sorts. 

In Yorkshires top 20 rich list now ex Shaymen Junior Danny Sawrij 

Some old pubs in elland can't believe how many they were in such a small area...Barley Mow..Bath Tavern..Bird In Hand..Black Bull..Blue Barrel..British Workman..Brown Cow..Cherry Tree..Crown & Anchor..Fox&Grape..Horse &Jockey..Jolly Boatman..Live&LetLive..Martin's Nest..Mexboro Arms..New Inn..Old Bailey..Rising Sun..Royal George..Royal Oak.Sacha Court..The Saville..Star..Town Hall..Fleece..Wellington..Travellers Rest..Pressers Arms..The Drop..Spring Gardens.Barge&Barrel..Delacys..Caddyshack..Malt Shovel..Colliers Arms..

5 minutes ago, pen21 said:

Danny from the mink farm, I believe he buys farmhouses from around the uk, can often be seen coming home in his helicopter around 5 o clock ish most days 

Is he still down Shibden Valley? If he's that rich get DB to invite him down to a game. 

22 minutes ago, pen21 said:

Danny lives at the top of ploughcroft, just along swalesmoor road, the big farm house with the large hanger for his helicopter 

He could make a helicopter pad out of the rusting folly that stands between the east stand and the south stand. 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:28 PM, shaykehands said:

I remember 42.  Half pint in each over a day from Beehive (top end) to 3 Pigs (bottom end)  Managed to do 41 but was stopped from entering Rosies (now Yates) cause i was wearing jeans but got maine street in as a bonus.

I worked the door at rosy o gradys,takes me back