6 hours ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Can’t believe he would be in financial need after football, TV and after dinner speaking ? I know footballers then were nothing like as highly paid as now. Suppose anything that distracts from Phil Collins making records is ok. Jimmy always seemed to be a player of the people and was very down to earth, you could imagine him having a pint in his local rather  more than any of the numpties that seem to be top flight footballers these day

55 minutes ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Can’t believe he would be in financial need after football, TV and after dinner speaking ? I know footballers then were nothing like as highly paid as now. Suppose anything that distracts from Phil Collins making records is ok. Jimmy always seemed to be a player of the people and was very down to earth, you could imagine him having a pint in his local rather  more than any of the numpties that seem to be top flight footballers these day

Not being paid the obscene amount of money they are today was a abig part of that. They weren't millionaires living it up but they were paid a decent amount. They always seemed to keep their feet on the ground because of how they were treated. 

Now, you have a bang average player in the Premier League becoming a millionaire after one season. 

I will be glad when the lockdown is over and people stop losing their lives and lived one's but if one thing could have come if this virus it would ha e been to burst the football pay bubble and bring the footballers back down to earth and help clubs from going under. 

It obvious hasn't and won't happen. 

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

1 hour ago, vinnyweknuts said:

Unfortunately the truth Jimmy had a big drink problem.

• Like 1