Sign in to follow this  
dj funky

Shayman In Peace

1 hour ago, Steve Lanzarote said:

Had good times at Palins (correct spelling I believe.)

Great times indeed, ain't it great to be old.

2 hours ago, bazza45 said:

I mentioned her first so she's mine!  (drool, drool)

Also saw The Shadows there plus Del Shannon, although he would be in the twilight of his career by then.

An even better place was Palin's in the 60's.  Pearl had a knack of booking groups before they found fame but by the time they appeared they had hit the big time.  I remember seeing the Animals, The Kinks, Herman's Hermits and others I've forgotten about, possibly Wayne Fontana

Got a VHS video of Del Shannon a live concert the week before he killed himself, was better than he was in the 60's brilliant guitarist which I never knew.

2 hours ago, seasideblue said:

Champion Jack Dupree, blues pianist, used to live on Ovenden Way. Used to see his Cadillac parked outside his council house. Bizarre sight for a young lad!

His Daughter went to the same church as my in laws. 

2 hours ago, seasideblue said:

Champion Jack Dupree, blues pianist, used to live on Ovenden Way. Used to see his Cadillac parked outside his council house. Bizarre sight for a young lad!

Used to have his name down the side of his car.  I don’t think anyone ever touched that car and on Ovenden Way that was a miracle. 

2 hours ago, ColinCanberra said:

Used to have his name down the side of his car.  I don’t think anyone ever touched that car and on Ovenden Way that was a miracle. 

True. most of the rest of them were on bricks...either that or he was paying the McDonagh's protection money.