We dont think about other things going on in all this,I have just received a parcel from china thinking it was from uk,maybe should have been told about this

1 minute ago, Janis said:

We dont think about other things going on in all this,I have just received a parcel from china thinking it was from uk,maybe should have been told about this

Can the virus be carried on plastic?

With my parcels, I handle them limitedly, then put them in a safe place. I come back to them 48+ hours later to unwrap. That's because I've read conflicting sources saying the virus can remain on a surface for up to 24 hours, or up to 48 hours. This isn't gospel and I'd rather it be compared against official sources than heeded or bested by some other hearsay.

The country of origin has little odds, less so in China given its comparatively low cases now, especially compared to the USA where it's exploding.

Postmen/women are wearing gloves as it has been said the virus can stay on a surface for 48 hours , so they are protecting themselves but spreading the virus .

Shut down Royal Mail immediately .

Under some circumstances it can remain dormant in a place for months . This sort of virus is a lottery, some people will never be infected however much close contact they have whilst others can catch it airborne from a seemingly unlimited distance . The good news is that I doubt your parcel from China is a carrier any more so than a parcel from Halifax but I haven't studied that area of the science

1 minute ago, mrsutts said:

Definitely don't, eat it Janis.Although you might get a good reception

And it only cost an tenner .

2 hours ago, Erik Everhard said:

Is it a number 36 with fried rice? 

Number 36 at my local Chinese is indeed Corona Chicken.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Under some circumstances it can remain dormant in a place for months . This sort of virus is a lottery, some people will never be infected however much close contact they have whilst others can catch it airborne from a seemingly unlimited distance . The good news is that I doubt your parcel from China is a carrier any more so than a parcel from Halifax but I haven't studied that area of the science

It all depends on the surface material and the temperature. 

Highly unlikely that the virus would spread from China and far more likely, buy still unlikely, that the virus could have been spread by the delivery person. 

I have a package being delivered soon and I've been told they'll knock to let me know its delivered and then I just need to respond back that I know they've delivered it and that's that. No signing needed. 

17 hours ago, monk said:

Postmen/women are wearing gloves as it has been said the virus can stay on a surface for 48 hours , so they are protecting themselves but spreading the virus .

Shut down Royal Mail immediately .

That's why to protect our Post People you should make sure "You're Flaps & Knockers" are kept clean :o:o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guido said:

That's why to protect our Post People you should make sure "You're Flaps & Knockers" are kept clean :o:o

Might be a job opportunity in these difficult times . Cleaning flaps and knockers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wilder Bollox said:

Might be a job opportunity in these difficult times . Cleaning flaps and knockers

May have been at attractive proposition when I was younger & fitter not so sure now.

This is the official guidance we have been given at Post Offices. A bit vague, unfortunately.

Q: Is it safe to handle mail and documents from customers?

A: Public Health England has advised that there is no perceived increase in risk of contracting the new coronavirus for handling post or freight from specified areas. From experience with other coronaviruses, we know these types of viruses don’t survive long on objects, such as letters, parcels or identity documents. This complements the highly publicised guidance from PHE for people to wash their hands more often than usual using soap and hot water.

21 hours ago, kit said:

This is the official guidance we have been given at Post Offices. A bit vague, unfortunately.

Q: Is it safe to handle mail and documents from customers?

A: Public Health England has advised that there is no perceived increase in risk of contracting the new coronavirus for handling post or freight from specified areas. From experience with other coronaviruses, we know these types of viruses don’t survive long on objects, such as letters, parcels or identity documents. This complements the highly publicised guidance from PHE for people to wash their hands more often than usual using soap and hot water.

No advice on touching Flaps & Knockers Kit ? :P

Edited by Guido

11 minutes ago, Guido said:

No advice on touching Flaps & Knockers Kit ? :P

Wash your hands before and after touching or any other parts of your body that might come into contact  with the objects

On 3/29/2020 at 5:02 AM, Icke's Lizard said:

Gutted the China Dragon at Mixy has closed because if Coronavirus, Its little treats like a takeaway that get us through the bad times. 

Yes, Xin Ying on North Bridge has closed too. The only Chinese in Halifax with a five star food hygiene rating. Had to order fish and chips from Just Eat instead. They were nice though!