Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Macam blue

lack of quality TV in this trying time

15 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I thought the air was more fragrant these days. Of course it could be better if Tamsin Outhwaite moved in somewhere nearby.

She's living up Mixy. 

Suranne Jones is living down Siddal. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

What?!

Joking. 

She does live in Calderdale somewhere though. 

She fell in love with it when she was filming Gentleman Jack. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Joking. 

She does live in Calderdale somewhere though. 

She well in love with it when she was filming Gentleman Jack. 

According to wiki she lives in London, but I thought that she was down hebden

This may be my last footage upload for a while...

A selection of Town highlights from the season to date. I normally wait until the end of the season, however now seems a good enough time to post something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, monk said:

Just done series 1 of Better Call Saul , he was good in Breaking Bad but excellent in this .

I agree. Saul is a bit one dimensional in Breaking Bad but really good in this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

I agree. Saul is a bit one dimensional in Breaking Bad but really good in this. 

Really enjoying it , always liked Mike in Breaking Bad , great banter between the two of them over the parking stickers .

Watching the English Game on Netflix , not much has changed , teams who spent the most had most success and Blackburn and Darwen fans fighting on the newly installed terracing .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eddie said:

According to wiki she lives in London, but I thought that she was down hebden

I watched a little promo video for Calderdale and she was in it. She said she fell in love with Calderdale and moved here. Maybe she has a place in London and one near Hebden. 

3 hours ago, monk said:

Really enjoying it , always liked Mike in Breaking Bad , great banter between the two of them over the parking stickers .

Watching the English Game on Netflix , not much has changed , teams who spent the most had most success and Blackburn and Darwen fans fighting on the newly installed terracing .

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes and noticed one of the Scottish lads was a Suter and It got me wondering if he was any relation to the Bob Suter who turned out for the Shaymen. Over to you Statto....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes and noticed one of the Scottish lads was a Suter and It got me wondering if he was any relation to the Bob Suter who turned out for the Shaymen. Over to you Statto....

Cannot find any info on Bob Suter being related to Fergus Suter but I found out he is the third oldest player to play for a football league club at aged 50 , he played in goals in for us in 1929.

11 minutes ago, monk said:

Cannot find any info on Bob Suter being related to Fergus Suter but I found out he is the third oldest player to play for a football league club at aged 50 , he played in goals in for us in 1929.

Think he held the record at the time.

2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Think he held the record at the time.

50 years and 288 days to be precise , so not far from 51 , Stanley Matthews played aged 51 , I think he holds the record for an outfield player , a record that will stand forever .

1 minute ago, monk said:

50 years and 288 days to be precise , so not far from 51 , Stanley Matthews played aged 51 , I think he holds the record for an outfield player , a record that will stand forever .

Yeah but Suter played before Matthews, so held the record at the time?

8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Yeah but Suter played before Matthews, so held the record at the time?

1929- 1947.

In 1947 New Brighton manager played in goals against Hartlepools United at aged 51 during an injury crisis .

Then Matthews then broke that record .

I'm currently in a loooooong queue trying to cancel my BT Sport on Sky. Wonder why this cannot be done online? I only got it to watch Halifax matches. The last Halifax match was the final straw! My package was quite reasonably priced to begin with but now it's doubled! 

5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think three is a player in the Japanese 2nd division who is about 52 and still playing striker. 

And we have walking football for over 50s .

24 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think three is a player in the Japanese 2nd division who is about 52 and still playing striker. 

more of a Subbuteo fan myself.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, monk said:

And we have walking football for over 50s .

Hey up Monk, are there any local walking football sessions anywhere local. Not at the moment obviously. I tried to find one last year but could only find ones in Huddersfield and I only go there if absolutely necessary, so I always make sure there are no necessaries.

2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Hey up Monk, are there any local walking football sessions anywhere local. Not at the moment obviously. I tried to find one last year but could only find ones in Huddersfield and I only go there if absolutely necessary, so I always make sure there are no necessaries.

Not heard of any round here .

Another one you could try is footgolf , there is a course in Brighouse , not tried it but it looks a bit of fun and keeps you fit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

They have some at the 3gi place in Holdsworth Mill at the back of the flats near The Shay

17 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

They have some at the 3gi place in Holdsworth Mill at the back of the flats near The Shay

YThat´s where I lived when born. There used to be cottages in the yard.

49 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

Cheers, will look it up when things get back to normal.