Jump to content
Fair warning! All off-topic posts will be moved to off-topic section once we have confirmed dates for play-offs. ×
Macam blue

lack of quality TV in this trying time

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, TommyH72 said:

I thought the air was more fragrant these days. Of course it could be better if Tamsin Outhwaite moved in somewhere nearby.

She's living up Mixy. 

Suranne Jones is living down Siddal. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hoddie said:

What?!

Joking. 

She does live in Calderdale somewhere though. 

She fell in love with it when she was filming Gentleman Jack. 

Edited by Erik Everhard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

Joking. 

She does live in Calderdale somewhere though. 

She well in love with it when she was filming Gentleman Jack. 

According to wiki she lives in London, but I thought that she was down hebden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be my last footage upload for a while...

A selection of Town highlights from the season to date. I normally wait until the end of the season, however now seems a good enough time to post something.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, monk said:

Just done series 1 of Better Call Saul , he was good in Breaking Bad but excellent in this .

I agree. Saul is a bit one dimensional in Breaking Bad but really good in this. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Che Bentos said:

I agree. Saul is a bit one dimensional in Breaking Bad but really good in this. 

Really enjoying it , always liked Mike in Breaking Bad , great banter between the two of them over the parking stickers .

Watching the English Game on Netflix , not much has changed , teams who spent the most had most success and Blackburn and Darwen fans fighting on the newly installed terracing .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eddie said:

According to wiki she lives in London, but I thought that she was down hebden

I watched a little promo video for Calderdale and she was in it. She said she fell in love with Calderdale and moved here. Maybe she has a place in London and one near Hebden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monk said:

Really enjoying it , always liked Mike in Breaking Bad , great banter between the two of them over the parking stickers .

Watching the English Game on Netflix , not much has changed , teams who spent the most had most success and Blackburn and Darwen fans fighting on the newly installed terracing .

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes and noticed one of the Scottish lads was a Suter and It got me wondering if he was any relation to the Bob Suter who turned out for the Shaymen. Over to you Statto....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shaymanandy said:

I’ve watched the first couple of episodes and noticed one of the Scottish lads was a Suter and It got me wondering if he was any relation to the Bob Suter who turned out for the Shaymen. Over to you Statto....

Cannot find any info on Bob Suter being related to Fergus Suter but I found out he is the third oldest player to play for a football league club at aged 50 , he played in goals in for us in 1929.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, monk said:

Cannot find any info on Bob Suter being related to Fergus Suter but I found out he is the third oldest player to play for a football league club at aged 50 , he played in goals in for us in 1929.

Think he held the record at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Think he held the record at the time.

50 years and 288 days to be precise , so not far from 51 , Stanley Matthews played aged 51 , I think he holds the record for an outfield player , a record that will stand forever .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, monk said:

50 years and 288 days to be precise , so not far from 51 , Stanley Matthews played aged 51 , I think he holds the record for an outfield player , a record that will stand forever .

Yeah but Suter played before Matthews, so held the record at the time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hoddie said:

Yeah but Suter played before Matthews, so held the record at the time?

1929- 1947.

In 1947 New Brighton manager played in goals against Hartlepools United at aged 51 during an injury crisis .

Then Matthews then broke that record .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm currently in a loooooong queue trying to cancel my BT Sport on Sky. Wonder why this cannot be done online? I only got it to watch Halifax matches. The last Halifax match was the final straw! My package was quite reasonably priced to begin with but now it's doubled! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think three is a player in the Japanese 2nd division who is about 52 and still playing striker. 

And we have walking football for over 50s .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Icke's Lizard said:

I think three is a player in the Japanese 2nd division who is about 52 and still playing striker. 

more of a Subbuteo fan myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, monk said:

And we have walking football for over 50s .

Hey up Monk, are there any local walking football sessions anywhere local. Not at the moment obviously. I tried to find one last year but could only find ones in Huddersfield and I only go there if absolutely necessary, so I always make sure there are no necessaries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Hey up Monk, are there any local walking football sessions anywhere local. Not at the moment obviously. I tried to find one last year but could only find ones in Huddersfield and I only go there if absolutely necessary, so I always make sure there are no necessaries.

Not heard of any round here .

Another one you could try is footgolf , there is a course in Brighouse , not tried it but it looks a bit of fun and keeps you fit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TommyH72 said:

Hey up Monk, are there any local walking football sessions anywhere local. Not at the moment obviously. I tried to find one last year but could only find ones in Huddersfield and I only go there if absolutely necessary, so I always make sure there are no necessaries.

They have some at the 3gi place in Holdsworth Mill at the back of the flats near The Shay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

They have some at the 3gi place in Holdsworth Mill at the back of the flats near The Shay

YThat´s where I lived when born. There used to be cottages in the yard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Papa Lazarou said:

They have some at the 3gi place in Holdsworth Mill at the back of the flats near The Shay

Cheers, will look it up when things get back to normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...