theacademic

Research on Sexuality in Football

11 minutes ago, Shaytrev said:

That is not what I meant. When I go to The Shay I go to get away from everyday life, it was always an escape in the past, it should be kept that way. 

It still is and always will be. If a player you are watching is openly gay it wouldn't impact on your enjoyment of the game. Would it? 

3 minutes ago, Erik Everhard said:

It still is and always will be. If a player you are watching is openly gay it wouldn't impact on your enjoyment of the game. Would it? 

I've watched footballers kissing each other for decades, that is as far as it must go.

Just now, Shaytrev said:

I've watched footballers kissing each other for decades, that is as far as it must go.

A gay footballer is going to turn up and play football. Just like a straight footballer does. You won't be exposed to anything other than what you normally watch and that's a game of football. 

When you've watched tennis players in the past like Billy Jean King and Martina Navratilova, it was just a game of tennis played between gay women. It didn't descend into a sexual encounter. 

Neither would a game of football. 

The only thing different about it is you'd know that a particar player is gay. 

Your escape from a working week would still be the same and you can go and have a pint in exactly the same way too. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Shaytrev said:

I think we should revert to a good handshake, or  pat on the back after scoring a goal, oops we cannot do that either......